Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NMU Wildcats @ Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs: 2/6 & 2/7 - Someone start a thread already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU Wildcats @ Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs: 2/6 & 2/7 - Someone start a thread already

Both teams are coming off of weekends in hard fought games. NMU had a home sweep of Alaska Anchorage and Minnesota Duluth had a road split against Denver. This is the last non-conference game for both teams. Minnesota Duluth is ranked #7 while NMU remains un-ranked.

It is going to be tough for NMU this weekend. Especially if Dahlstrom is still hurt by game-time Friday... Only one team has taken wins both nights on the road against Minnesota Duluth and one of those was in a Shoot Out.

I predict a split. NMU wins 4-3 on Friday and Minnesota Duluth wins 2-1 on Saturday.
    Go Cats!

Re: NMU Wildcats @ Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs: 2/6 & 2/7 - Someone start a thread alre

I say UMD sweeps the series if Dahlstrom doesn't play. If he does play then UMD will probably win a tie. UMD needs to sweep to be above .500 against the WCHA. They are currently 2-3.

Does anyone know if tUMD is making the return trip next season? Or is a couple years down the line. Based on home v. road games it will be in a couple years. I'd like to make the trip to Marquette when UMD goes there.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Re: NMU Wildcats @ Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs: 2/6 & 2/7 - Someone start a thread alre

Dahlstrom was on crutches on Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        I say UMD sweeps the series if Dahlstrom doesn't play. If he does play then UMD will probably win a tie. UMD needs to sweep to be above .500 against the WCHA. They are currently 2-3.

Does anyone know if tUMD is making the return trip next season? Or is a couple years down the line. Based on home v. road games it will be in a couple years. I'd like to make the trip to Marquette when UMD goes there.
        UMD comes to NMU next year.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Awesome!
          Go Cats!

Comment

Excellent. Any idea on when?
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Excellent. Any idea on when?
              Not sure of dates
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Not sure of dates
                Worth asking. I hope it's during the beginning of the year because that increases my chances to visit...and be able to hike in the area. Love the UP and that great lake.
                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Worth asking. I hope it's during the beginning of the year because that increases my chances to visit...and be able to hike in the area. Love the UP and that great lake.
                  Second or 3rd weekend of October NMU will be at Wisconsin and they will be in Detroit for the GLI between Christmas and New Years. I guess the rest depends on the conference schedules and how the open weekend's match up.

Comment

Second or 3rd weekend of October NMU will be at Wisconsin and they will be in Detroit for the GLI between Christmas and New Years. I guess the rest depends on the conference schedules and how the open weekend's match up.
                    When was the last time NMU did GLI? Come to think of it... when was the last time they did any holiday Tourny?
                    Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
                      When was the last time NMU did GLI? Come to think of it... when was the last time they did any holiday Tourny?
                      NMU's last GLI appearance was in 1998, the 5th time they were invited to the tournament. They went on to the NCAA tournament that season IIRC.

Comment

There's a chance tUMD and NMU plays in Oct. UMD also has to play @ Notre Dame and they've always done that the first or second weekend of the season. Time will tell.

Sounds like NMU won't have Dahlstrom, which is a help for tUMD. Sounds like NMU's season has come and gone when he plays. I honestly don't know much else about NMU this season. Sounds like they had a good start, but have cooled off considerably since then.
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
                          To answer the other half the question, the 2010 Dodge Holiday classic, where NMU won the Canale-Bradshaw (Death) Cup after beating Minnesota.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

There's a chance tUMD and NMU plays in Oct. UMD also has to play @ Notre Dame and they've always done that the first or second weekend of the season. Time will tell.

Sounds like NMU won't have Dahlstrom, which is a help for tUMD. Sounds like NMU's season has come and gone when he plays. I honestly don't know much else about NMU this season. Sounds like they had a good start, but have cooled off considerably since then.
                            He is great. However, they swept at home without him last weekend. NMU's biggest challenge the past few series, in my opinion, has been the inability to maintain leads.
                            Go Cats!

Comment

Just don't embarrass yourself this weekend Cats... Do that and I'm back on the bandwagon.... If you do embarrass yourselves, I'm content with going forward with plans to go somewhere South instead of Minneapolis the 3rd weekend in March
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                              X