Minnesota hosts Ohio State: 2-6 & 2-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota hosts Ohio State: 2-6 & 2-7

Minnesota is back at Mariucci Arena for 2 games against Ohio State this weekend. Friday game is at 8pm and is on the BTN, Saturday game is at 7pm and is on FSN plus. Ohio State was off last weekend and the Gophers are coming off a win and tie at Wisconsin.

Go
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Re: Minnesota hosts Ohio State: 2-6 & 2-7

Idk.

I was away from internets for the weekend, but I did get to watch both sconnie games. I was not happy with the outcome of a win and tie, per se, given how many goals were given up. But I wasn't necessarily disappointed either. Then I read GPL this morning and now I feel like slitting my wrists.

No idea what to think anymore.
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
      Idk.

I was away from internets for the weekend, but I did get to watch both sconnie games. I was not happy with the outcome of a win and tie, per se, given how many goals were given up. But I wasn't necessarily disappointed either. Then I read GPL this morning and now I feel like slitting my wrists.

The offensive zone effort was there this weekend, which was nice to see, but they forgot about the defensive side a bit here and there. The high slot and circles were open for Bucky and they scored a few goals from that area. Wilcox seems shaky right now too which is never good this time of year.

I still hold out hope they can win some more games and get into the tourney one way or another. Need to sweep at home this weekend.

I have no clue about Ohio State (other than record) can any Ohio State fans give us the scoop on your team?
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

Definitely not the Wilcox we are used to seeing. Not sure what is going on with him, whether it is effort or mental or...? He was terribly out of position on a couple of those goals this weekend and gave up a couple real softies on top of that. I would like to see him bounce back as I'm not sure Lehr and/or benching Wilcox, even just for a game or two, is the answer.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

With this teams defense the only way they're going to win is if they outscore the other team. The gave up something like 9 goals to a Wisconsin team that before the weekend couldn't find the net with a map and a flashlight.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That's how Michigan is winning.

Offense
            sigpic

Comment

Definitely not the Wilcox we are used to seeing. Not sure what is going on with him, whether it is effort or mental or...? He was terribly out of position on a couple of those goals this weekend and gave up a couple real softies on top of that. I would like to see him bounce back as I'm not sure Lehr and/or benching Wilcox, even just for a game or two, is the answer.
              It's probably not the answer, but at this point there is very little to lose. Let the goalies split this series. Let Wilcox play Saturday but still let him know he's number one. Maybe that would give him a bit of a break and not turn him into a Keumper head case.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                That's how Michigan is winning.

Offense
                Defense wins championships. It's so lame to say but obviously it is true.

Comment

If we can win 19-0 on Friday, we'll pull even with Michigan on Big Ten goal differential. If the worst thing to happen to hockey didn't exist, a win would put us at 11 points to Michigan's 14.

Comment

Even If the Gophers only remaining hope is an auto-bid I think they need two cracking wins to boost the confidence quotient for the conference tournament.

Comment

My advice to OSU is to shoot and shoot often. Just get the puck on net. Minnesota doesn't collapse or play the box 5 on 5 like teams do against them. Just fire away. You'll score enough to win without too much trouble.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Team rally's round c reilly, wilcox plays like he is capable and we sweep the uglier helmets.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                          Team rally's round c reilly, wilcox plays like he is capable and we sweep the uglier helmets.
                          Replace Wilcox with Lehr and I think you've got it.

Comment

Idk.

I was with you up until the gpl part. Do you care to elaborate?
                            You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                              I was with you up until the gpl part. Do you care to elaborate?
                              Just lots of negativity from fellow posters. Not saying that it wasn't warranted, but I didn't feel that bad about the weekend.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X