Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Moving on, in case you missed it, not only did Tech sweep Fairbanks, they also got a commitment from a 16yo from BC named Jagger Williamson.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Re: Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

16 seems a bit young doesn't it?
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

And Wintjes deserves a start.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

He is definitely young but for a program like MTU it might be the only way to get a player like him...really though, anyone succeeding in a junior league is a target.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I just saw the Movie, " Red Army" I totally recommend it to any hockey fan. Gripping. Here's the trailer, but it was better than the trailer and it's a documentary, not fiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItfesHOjpwE
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Moving on, in case you missed it, not only did Tech sweep Fairbanks, they also got a commitment from a 16yo from BC named Jagger Williamson.
            Does he have moves like Jagger?
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Subscription
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                I just saw the Movie, " Red Army" I totally recommend it to any hockey fan. Gripping. Here's the trailer, but it was better than the trailer and it's a documentary, not fiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItfesHOjpwE
                I have that saved in my queue on Netflix. Cannot wait to see it.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

A sweep doesn't do much to move the needle on the RPI...
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

But, you are at the time of year where bad losses can absolutely murder your RPI. Quality losses hurt also, but can be negated by strong finishes by those opponents.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      But, you are at the time of year where bad losses can absolutely murder your RPI. Quality losses hurt also, but can be negated by strong finishes by those opponents.
                      The key will be to take advantage of the opportunities to get a quality win bonus. Probably only have 3 more opportunities for that. 2 games at Mankato, and if it works out right, a game or 2 at the Final Five.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Out of boredom, since it really means nothing in January, I did a quick "bracketology", to see where Tech would be going. As of now, by my figuring, we'd be in Fargo as the #3 seed, playing UMD. The 1 seed is, obviously, UND. Might be the worst possible outcome...luckily it will change every week between now and the 3rd week of March.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

of the top 17 ranked teams, only three won both games last weekend - #2 North Dakota, #3 Boston U, and the #10 Huskies. The NaCHo is going to start cannibalizing itself as Denver and Miami proved, so their teams 2-5 will likely start dropping a spot or two. There aren't a lot of what look like upwardly mobile teams in the 15-20 range, so it's a matter of maintenance as much as anything with positioning for the tournament. Just keep winning the majority of your games and things will work out fine.

One thing that the Huskies have going for them is the absence of Notre Dame in the field. The attendance in South Bend will be of great significance to the committee, and there are only a few teams who can move the needle there. Thanks to the sizable number of fans showing up at the GLI (and judging by their makeup and history of these decisions) I think the committee would look favorably on putting Tech at that regional with the expectation that they will help the draw.

Michigan? Likely would draw a good amount.
                          Bowling Green? Possibly, but not much of a track record.
                          Miami? Brings no fans.
                          Minnesota State? Judging by the WCHA Final Five last year, not much impact at the gate.
                          Denver? Minimal.
                          Duluth? Better than Denver.

Comment

I'd love South Bend to be where we end up if we go. The drives out east would suck...
                            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

I figure if they win 6 or 7 of their last 10, and make the Final "Five", they're in as a 3 or 4-seed. But that means burying teams they should bury, taking advantage of home playoffs, and not incurring any bad losses. With the goaltending UAH and BSU have been getting lately, these next two weekends have me very worried.

Comment

Working...
                              X