X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    NU loses Whitt but not much else. They will still have scoring and it appears they have some good players coming in. Notre Dame does not lose their goal tender Katunar and they have some depth and speed. Vermont has Santaguida back (so far), along with some very good defense. Maine's incoming class will have to make the transition to D1 very quickly as a group in order to finish the season in 6th place or higher in my opinion. Others have also mentioned UML,BU,BC and Providence.
    I apologize if I am the last to know but has Gillies announced that he is not coming back for his senior year at PC? As for Vermont, I do not think that Santaguida is going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
      I apologize if I am the last to know but has Gillies announced that he is not coming back for his senior year at PC? As for Vermont, I do not think that Santaguida is going anywhere.
      I don't believe Gillies has announced leaving PC. Some folks think that he will be leaving at the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
        If you were 23 and had the chance to travel to Boise and get paid to play hockey what would you do? This is actually a reply to um67.
        Boise ... Bangor ... Boise ... Bangor ... hmmmm, tough one there, flip a coin.
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          No offense to Bangor, but Boise is a nice town. Much bigger and the Rocky Mountains.

Comment

No offense to Bangor, but Boise is a nice town. Much bigger and the Rocky Mountains.
            Jake is there to play hockey. He isn't there to settle down and raise a family. He wants to move up and continue his journey to the NHL. Whether that happens is a longshot but he could care less where he goes as long as the dream continues.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Jake is there to play hockey. He isn't there to settle down and raise a family. He wants to move up and continue his journey to the NHL. Whether that happens is a longshot but he could care less where he goes as long as the dream continues.
              Beats working for a living.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I spent a few days in Boise a few years back. Nice town. Jake will be able to check out the "smurf turf".

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Beats working for a living.
                  Isn't that the truth?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    It looks like some people think that Chuck is trying to belittle the two cities... maybe I am missing something, i would LOVE to live in either one of them over where I currently live.

the salaries are not great in Bangor, but there is at least one top knotch tech company in Boise that a lot of my friends have moved to BECAUSE of the location.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
                      Isn't that the truth?
                      Is it a even a question?

Comment

Isn't that the truth?
                        I think people are a little bit fooled by these guys who "don't work for a living".
                        I remember seeing Prestin Ryan , during the summer right after he played for the Canucks, running up and down a small hill behind Cumberland hall in the summer at around 6 am, for a couple hours, then when I was watching my kid play in Derek Damon's and Michel Leveille's Summer camp, Prestin was working out in the gym, hour after hour after hour.

This was in the off season. when he wasn't working his job that does not even count as workin for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                          It looks like some people think that Chuck is trying to belittle the two cities... maybe I am missing something, i would LOVE to live in either one of them over where I currently live.
                          I'm afraid to ask ... Schenectady??

To be clear, there are a lot of nice communities and attractions around Bangor, and the locals I've encountered and worked with over the years by and large are wonderful, down to earth folks. But even the locals don't think much of Bangor proper ...

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/in...-bangor-maine/
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            I'm afraid to ask ... Schenectady??

To be clear, there are a lot of nice communities and attractions around Bangor, and the locals I've encountered and worked with over the years by and large are wonderful, down to earth folks. But even the locals don't think much of Bangor proper ...

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/in...-bangor-maine/
                            A lot has changed in the 8 years since that thread. Downtown is much livelier (not big city lively, but there are good restaurants and some bars), a summer concert series, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                              I think people are a little bit fooled by these guys who "don't work for a living".
                              I remember seeing Prestin Ryan , during the summer right after he played for the Canucks, running up and down a small hill behind Cumberland hall in the summer at around 6 am, for a couple hours, then when I was watching my kid play in Derek Damon's and Michel Leveille's Summer camp, Prestin was working out in the gym, hour after hour after hour.

This was in the off season. when he wasn't working his job that does not even count as workin for a living.
                              The point is that pretty much anyone would trade that kind of work for selling insurance, or pounding nails, or sitting in a cubicle all day.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Connor Leen has signed with the Bakersfield Condors of the ECHL.

During the summer of '92 I was working at the summer camp at UMaine. Among our coaches that summer were John LeClair and Mike McHugh. In the afternoons, when most everyone else had gone to Penobby or a local watering hole, John and Mike went down to the bowels of Alfond. In the room that would eventually hold the parquet floor they had set up a few shooting stations and a goal. They spent hour after hour just shooting pucks. I usually left at 5:00 and most days they were there after everyone else had gone home. The next spring it was John LeClair who scored some key goals to lead Montreal to the Stanley Cup and in 1998 it was Mike McHugh who captained and was the MVP for the Hershey Bears when they won the Calder Cup. The guys who compete at that level put in more work behind-the-scenes than we ever see. Yes, it looks glamorous and most of us would trade our day jobs for a taste. I can also see why some guys aren't eager to pursue that life.

Comment

Working...
                                X