This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
    I was hoping someone else would do this, but I gotta.
    Name ONE combo that this one is better than, please.
    I cannot even think of a single top two goalie that either of them is better than from the last 10 years. I would put Wilson above either and I think he is at the bottom of the last 10 years. (think of his rebound control compared to theirs.. .he was not called the tattoed sponge for nothin')
    I loved willie but come on, these guys are freshman. I m not convinced they are enough but Morris looks pretty good in his last few games. Romeo is still scary but give the guy a chance. The d is still suspect
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

I was hoping someone else would do this, but I gotta.
      Name ONE combo that this one is better than, please.
      I cannot even think of a single top two goalie that either of them is better than from the last 10 years. I would put Wilson above either and I think he is at the bottom of the last 10 years. (think of his rebound control compared to theirs.. .he was not called the tattoed sponge for nothin')
      I'd take either of these guys over Wilson, Sirman, Sullivan, or Lundin. They aren't as good as Bishop, Darling, or Oullette, but they're definitely better than the other group. At least half the goals Maine has conceded this year has been because of horrible defending.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

read the rulebook

it is not that they are second guessing themselves, it is that the rulebook tells them when to look at the replay
        I doubt the rule book tells them they have to scrutinize every pixel a dozen times.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          I'd take either of these guys over Wilson, Sirman, Sullivan, or Lundin. They aren't as good as Bishop, Darling, or Oullette, but they're definitely better than the other group. At least half the goals Maine has conceded this year has been because of horrible defending.
          I'd take what I've seen of these guys over Wilson and Sirman for sure, and over Sully most of the time, but there's no way I'd lump Lundin in there. He was under-utilized and waaaay under-rated IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            I'd take what I've seen of these guys over Wilson and Sirman for sure, and over Sully most of the time, but there's no way I'd lump Lundin in there. He was under-utilized and waaaay under-rated IMO.
            Yeah, he just the country in gaa and save pct.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...ll-uconn-maine

Key defenseman missing for UConn this weekend, Black Bears 7-3 in last 10, and more in Hockey East Weekend Preview
              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                Lundin could have been a asset for Maine...but under TW he was never used correctly...could have been a plus with Bishop...instead TW went all out...sink or swim with Bishop.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                  They have explained the NCAA tourney to you.......but maybe you meant advancing in Hockey East playoffs?

The top 4 teams get a first round bye. The bottom 8 play first round series with 5 hosting 12, 6 hosting 11, 7 hosting 10, and 8 hosting 9. Hope this helps as well.
                  Thanks

Comment

Don't know if anyone saw the BDN article on the two recruits the women's team inked to NLIs. Both play for the Canadian U-18 national team. One is a goaltender, the other is the daughter of Stephane Matteau

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                      Don't know if anyone saw the BDN article on the two recruits the women's team inked to NLIs. Both play for the Canadian U-18 national team. One is a goaltender, the other is the daughter of Stephane Matteau
                      Who knows, maybe our next NC will be on the womens side .
                      sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        I'd agree with this. You give these two guys some help in front of the net and they'll be just fine. Both move well in the crease. Has anyone noticed any lack of concentration?
                        sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                          Is the goaltender eligible to try out for the men's team?

Comment

There is NO traffic on the UConn thread about this weekend, or in general. Not much fan interest.
                            I'd love to see Red & the boys take 2 and gain a little respect. Romeo tonight and Morris Sunday is my guess.
                            GO BEARS.

Comment

Yeah. A new low. UConn.

Comment

We got outplayed at the key position, when your goalie lets in softies and their goalie is a brick wall, you lose. The last goal was defensive breakdown, Rutt was the only guy back, Uconn Freshman which the announcers were raving about before game started set it up. Apparently the players on the ice didn't get the memo. Glad I didn't drive up there for that, the snow sucks enough but that would have been a horrible ride home. I knew this game would be tough, Maine always makes good goalies look like Ken Dryden.

Comment

Working...
                                X