Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hat trick, Nolan Vesey- 5-2 Maine, 15 minutes to go...

Comment

• Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
      Hat trick, Nolan Vesey- 5-2 Maine, 15 minutes to go...
      Very appropriate the the freshman scores the hat trick on "Senior Night" with this group......pretty much sums it up.

It looks like Vesey will make the HE All-Rookie Team.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

It looks like Vesey will make the HE All-Rookie Team.

Hockey East Rookie of the week this week too maybe for Vesey? 5-3 Maine with 4 left to go...

Comment

Empty Net Shore! 6-3 Maine. 1:32 left

Comment

6-3 Maine! Good luck to Northeastern on Monday at the beanpot, I'll be rooting for them.

Comment

• ..missed following tonight's gm as I had to attend an engagement.. just saw the box score.. wow, nice comeback Blackbears. Red will get it back on track sooner rather than later, well played. All the best.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Maine dominated the game from the opening drop of the puck. NU had no time or space to do their shifty crap along the boards. Excellent win but still won't get Maine home ice. Maine at UHN for the 8 9 battle in HE playoffs. Very frustrating to watch Maine play that well in that it becomes a mind game of what if.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

That's how its done. Hard physical play all over the ice. Contest every puck at any spot on the ice. They play like that they can beat anyone, with the increased size they have this year. Gonna be a fun team to follow into and through the playoffs. Playing their best hockey at the right time. Yeah two things, Vesey makes all rookie team no doubt and all the best to the Huskies in the Beanpot. You guys got the talent to win it this year, now just do it. Screw the rat dogs
                  sure why not

Comment

Kudos to whoever smuggled last night's highlights out of the Soviet Union for stopping in Berlin to get some light techno for the backing music.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                      Drew, explain to me again why Witt isnt playing tonight??? All the knowitalls thought you were such a moron, iirc
                      Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      I'm surprised he only went half way. I would have rested more guys.
                      Drew's original post was about BU resting players for the Beanpot because they had a nice cushion in the HE standings. Also mentioned something about Eichel requesting that Quinn put the team in the best position possible for him to win a Beanpot. I actually hope that one's true... players running the asylum is not a good recipe for success, but I'm good with that in BU's case.

Both BU and NU rested their goalie on Saturday. Drew was talking about resting more than goalies, but in any event, here's what happened…

BU, with the most to lose in the big picture, tied ND Friday and lost to ND on Saturday. BU dropped from #3 PWR to #7 PWR (from a 1 to a 2 seed). They keep resting up like this and they just might wind up out west in an NCAA regional. They lose the Beanpot to NU and we just might see a melt down of epic proportions.

NU was out of the money entering this weekend, rest their goalie, lose to Maine, and are still out of the money. Beating Maine does not give them a PWR boost. Losing to Maine does not hurt their PWR ranking. Beating BU 2 out of 3 or 3 of 3 coming up will certainly help in possibly getting them into the big dance as an at-large bid.

My prediction... NU takes 2 of 3 from BU over the next 3 games.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        Both BU and NU rested their goalie on Saturday. Drew was talking about resting more than goalies, but in any event, here's what happened…

BU, with the most to lose in the big picture, tied ND Friday and lost to ND on Saturday. BU dropped from #3 PWR to #7 PWR (from a 1 to a 2 seed). They keep resting up like this and they just might wind up out west in an NCAA regional. They lose the Beanpot to NU and we just might see a melt down of epic proportions.

NU was out of the money entering this weekend, rest their goalie, lose to Maine, and are still out of the money. Beating Maine does not give them a PWR boost. Losing to Maine does not hurt their PWR ranking. Beating BU 2 out of 3 or 3 of 3 coming up will certainly help in possibly getting them into the big dance as an at-large bid.

The upcoming BU/NU 3 game series will be epic!

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                          Drew, explain to me again why Witt isnt playing tonight??? All the knowitalls thought you were such a moron, iirc
                          Sounds more like YOUR the Captain/Coach/CEO of the KIA Club.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            Drew's original post was about BU resting players for the Beanpot because they had a nice cushion in the HE standings. Also mentioned something about Eichel requesting that Quinn put the team in the best position possible for him to win a Beanpot. I actually hope that one's true... players running the asylum is not a good recipe for success, but I'm good with that in BU's case.

How long have you been watching college hockey? If there is one thing I have learned over watching for 20+ years it is that there really is nothing you can do as far as your NCAA draw. There have been years Maine has had a good year and had to go to Michigan or Minnesota and other years where they had a poor season and basically were given a bye to the frozen four. To think you can manipulate where you go and who you play by winning or losing particular games is foolish.

Would you say you know more about coaching than Scotty Bowman, Sir Alex Ferguson, and Andy Flower? Because they were all huge proponents of resting players and prioritizing certain games over others. I still think for a team like Northeastern to put all their eggs in one basket. One good performance and they will have won something they haven't done in 27 years. I think the odds of that are much better than trying to play good over the course of 10 games or whatever it is for them to win Hockey East or make the NCAA's.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              How long have you been watching college hockey? If there is one thing I have learned over watching for 20+ years it is that there really is nothing you can do as far as your NCAA draw. There have been years Maine has had a good year and had to go to Michigan or Minnesota and other years where they had a poor season and basically were given a bye to the frozen four. To think you can manipulate where you go and who you play by winning or losing particular games is foolish.

Would you say you know more about coaching than Scotty Bowman, Sir Alex Ferguson, and Andy Flower? Because they were all huge proponents of resting players and prioritizing certain games over others. I still think for a team like Northeastern to put all their eggs in one basket. One good performance and they will have won something they haven't done in 27 years. I think the odds of that are much better than trying to play good over the course of 10 games or whatever it is for them to win Hockey East or make the NCAA's.
                              After 20 years, you should know this...
                              Fact: Host an NCAA regional, you stay in the regional you host... CANNOT BE MOVED.

With 3 of 4 #1's being western schools, BU as a #1 seed stays east... a virtual LOCK.
                              As of today, PWR says only 5 of 16 teams qualifying for the dance are from the east. Guess what? NCAA will find a way to keep most of them east for attendance reasons... shocker, eh?

Like I said in a previous post... I think BU should rest all their 'Stars' until the FF. They'll be so rested they'll skate circles around the field. Playing 34 games over 6 months is way too much hockey for any human being. I think that's the way the winningest coach in college hockey and coach of 5 NC teams has done it over the years, hasn't he?

Besides, if BU had sat Eichel, Rodriguez, O'Reagan, etc. this weekend, they'd have a good excuse for coughing up 3 points to Notre Dame at home. As it is now, they didn't rest and now have to face the reality that it Sucks to BU. That's tough to overcome.
                              Last edited by FiveHole12; 02-22-2015, 12:09 PM.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                He may not be back but it's not uncommon for freshman to sit
                                This much though? He's only played 1 game since October.

Comment

Working...
                                X