• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

Byron ices it with an empty netter to make it 5-3 with 8 seconds left

Comment

5-3 Maine

Byron scores an empty net goal from his own blue line. Maine defended the pulled goalie situation very well it sounds like.

Maine sweeps on the road! That is right, I just wrote that. I can't believe it!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        5-3 Maine

Byron scores an empty net goal from his own blue line. Maine defended the pulled goalie situation very well it sounds like.

Maine sweeps on the road! That is right, I just wrote that. I can't believe it!
        Great weekend. 2 really tough ones coming up.need some points out them
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

4 big points this weekend...tough series ahead next weekend as Northeastern is red hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            4 big points this weekend...tough series ahead next weekend as Northeastern is red hot.
            I think they'll have at least one eye on the beanpot final though. If I was Madigan I would be looking ahead to that and wouldn't even bring my top guys to Maine. Winning that would really make their season, much more so than finishing fifth instead of sixth or seventh in Hockey East.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              I think they'll have at least one eye on the beanpot final though. If I was Madigan I would be looking ahead to that and wouldn't even bring my top guys to Maine. Winning that would really make their season, much more so than finishing fifth instead of sixth or seventh in Hockey East.
              Ya right...they'll show up at Maine to win BOTH games,no matter what...wins are what all teams need this time of year.

Comment

Let's just keep rollin. Good job guys, a couple gutsy never say die victories. Hard work and guts.
                sure why not

Comment

Clearly by boycott on watching or listening to games is working......you're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                    Clearly by boycott on watching or listening to games is working......you're welcome.
                    Keep up the good work...Maine needs all the help/advantages it can get the rest of the way..!

Comment

I bet the co-teams of the week will be Maine and Northeastern for next week too. Should be a great weekend of hockey coming up.

Comment

good thing you're not madigan. everything fell apart for the huskies last year around this time and if you think they'll sacrifice potential home ice in the quarterfinals for the beanpot you got another thing coming.

as much as every northeastern fan wants a beanpot, league points are far more important at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by itisibecky View Post
                          good thing you're not madigan. everything fell apart for the huskies last year around this time and if you think they'll sacrifice potential home ice in the quarterfinals for the beanpot you got another thing coming.

as much as every northeastern fan wants a beanpot, league points are far more important at the moment.
                          Your right on...need wins and better position in Hockey East Playoffs...better position plus they would most likely need to run the table through Hockey East Post Season to get a Auto-Bid in the NCAA's.

Comment

Originally posted by itisibecky View Post

So you would rather be a participant in something versus actually winning something else? Maybe Northeastern fans have a different view but for me winning trophies is much more important than just being a participant. If you want to make the NCAA's I would think finishing fifth or sixth is much better than finishing fourth. Those two extra wins could make the difference between being in or being out. I don't think any of the teams that could finish third or fourth have overly hostile rinks to play in.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

So you would rather be a participant in something versus actually winning something else? Maybe Northeastern fans have a different view but for me winning trophies is much more important than just being a participant. If you want to make the NCAA's I would think finishing fifth or sixth is much better than finishing fourth. Those two extra wins could make the difference between being in or being out. I don't think any of the teams that could finish third or fourth have overly hostile rinks to play in.
                              Winning the Bean Pot is one thing but making the NCAA's and having the chance to win the N.C. of College Hockey is the icing on the Cake to all programs in Div.1 play. The Bean Pot is just one step in the process to claiming Hardware...the N.C. Title is what every Program shoots for...and that is what Maine use to aim for playing in the NCAA's and winning the N.C.

Comment

BU isn't gonna rest their top lines when they play ND next weekend, why would Northeastern rest theirs? That's not how you play hockey. Can't look past any game.
                                I'm not sure what you're getting at. Finishing 4th at HE would be much better than finishing 6th. Not getting home ice last year KILLED them, and not playing well at the end of the season cost them their NCAA bid. And at this point the only really shot for NU to get into the NCAA tournament is to win HE, so why sacrifice any league points?
                                Sure, the Beanpot isn't something to overlook. It's been 27 years. But business needs to be taken care of first.

but for me winning trophies is much more important than just being a participant.
                                Hahaha you sound like a BC fan. Just because you would like it if Northeastern left their top guys at home because it would benefit you, doesn't mean that's the right thing to do, nor does it mean that it's gonna happen. I guarantee you, it's not. Northeastern is gonna give it their all next weekend and at the Beanpot, and the only real "resting" you can expect is that Witt and Roy will likely split the start in net so Witt is fresher on Monday.

None of your reasoning makes any sense, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X