• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU Season Thread II: The Resurgence

Carry on.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Re: BU Season Thread II: The Resurgence

Are there any comments in the post-game about why the OT goal review took so long? The UVM announcers indicated that the guys in the press box were saying it should stand, and all seemed to be pointing in that direction, but Gravallese kept putting the headphones back on, and I started getting nervous that they were looking to see what the clock should be at or if there would be some penalty or something wacky.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      Are there any comments in the post-game about why the OT goal review took so long? The UVM announcers indicated that the guys in the press box were saying it should stand, and all seemed to be pointing in that direction, but Gravallese kept putting the headphones back on, and I started getting nervous that they were looking to see what the clock should be at or if there would be some penalty or something wacky.
      Don't know, I suspect the camera angles all sucked and he wanted to be sure.

To the comment felm last thread about waiting until the 3rd to turn it on again, couldn't be farther from the truth last night. Was a solid three-period effort against a solid defensive team and a very hot goalie, especially with only five D suited. Very happy with the general overall play this weekendm. Some things to improve but UVM is a good team and the Gut isn't an easy place to take points.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

DoR & Rodriquez are both sitting at 88pts and closing in on 100 for their BU career. DoR needs 8 goals for 50.

Eichel needs 64 more pts to reach 100 in 18 (or 19) games
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          I believe they were questioning whether it was played with a high stick. From the camera angle it appears that's the case, but the angle does make it difficult to tell for sure.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

The last part of the video highlights shows a view from behind the goal. If you go to the 1:35 mark and go--essentially--frame by frame, it seems very borderline whether the stick was above Eichel's shoulders. Did the refs have access to another angle? I'd imagine they took their time to make sure there was no definitive reason to overturn the initial call.

Nevertheless, it was a very skillful deflection. The question, BU fans, is, was it as good a play as Ross Gaudette's OT winner in the 2011 Red Hot Hockey? My vote is for Gaudette's deflection, which also was subjected to lengthy review.

Edit: Here's shorter RHH video, just showing the game-winner
            Last edited by Rogie21; 01-25-2015, 01:57 PM.
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
              The last part of the video highlights shows a view from behind the goal. If you go to the 1:35 mark and go--essentially--frame by frame, it seems very borderline whether the stick was above Eichel's shoulders. Did the refs have access to another angle? I'd imagine they took their time to make sure there was no definitive reason to overturn the initial call.
              They were deciding if they should add a game to Somerby's suspension.

Comment

Long range forecast shows another storm starting Thursday night into Friday night. I know it's early, but could it affect Friday's game? I wonder if they could move to Saturday night. UMass doesn't have a game and there isn't an event going on at Agganis.

Comment

What? Imagine the fun of being snowed in at the arena! I can't imagine them making that sort of decision this far out.

Comment

I remember a game in 1978 when that happened.
                    Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                      I remember a game in 1978 when that happened.
                      In the 2015 version, you're stuck in the arena with oddly-priced beer and undesirable pizza.
                      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

See...improvement!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                          In the 2015 version, you're stuck in the arena with oddly-priced beer and undesirable pizza.
                          But great chicken fingers!
                          Boston University 2014
                          It's all part of the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                            Nevertheless, it was a very skillful deflection. The question, BU fans, is, was it as good a play as Ross Gaudette's OT winner in the 2011 Red Hot Hockey? My vote is for Gaudette's deflection, which also was subjected to lengthy review.

Edit: Here's shorter RHH video, just showing the game-winner
                            As to whether Eichel's stick was high when the actual contact is made, it's really close and hard to definitely say. It is even more deceiving because usually pucks deflect down whereas this seemed to pop up and over the goalie. Very unusual trajectory.

Comparing the two side by side, Gaudet's looked just as intentional (i.e., not an accidental tip), and the between-the-legs move was admittedly pretty darn sweet. I'd say Ross's gets the vote as well (heck, he's not gonna win many battles against Eichel highlights, I'll give him that one).
                            Boston University 2009 Champs
                            Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                              I'm actually quite disturbed, and have been for a while, about the pizza. We're in boston of all places. No excuse. But it does taste a bit better when the team is winning.
                              Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Working...
                              X