This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Season Thread II: The Resurgence

Hockeyeast playoff formula is a joke-look at attendance from last night which ranged form 1300 in Prov to 4100 in Lowell
    Need teams to eliminated before playoffs- Everyone in just protects coaching jobs

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      noooooooooooooo, as has been written before on BCI, ND leaves(YAYYY!!!) when Arizona St goes D1 ( assuming NCHC) making that league have uneven number, ND goes to NCHC where they belong in the first place, even it out, and Q enters HE. No better scenario. We get rid of Notre Dame and King Boar Jeff Jackson and bring in Q , excellent program that plays a great brand of hockey . Then Bentley replaces Q in ECAC if you want
      claver prefers ND leaving & folding the umass program so we go back to 10 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Asked this question to mookie last night and he couldn't recall.....what was the playoff structure last year with 11 teams?
        The first round was single elimination. Everyone in, one and done. Second round was best of three.

The attendance sucks because a) the games aren't part of season ticket packages b) Spring Break! No students = crappy attendance. There is no fix. Unless you figure out some way to miraculously convince 3,000 alumni and or general hockey fans that college hockey is an awesome take in great arenas at a fraction of NHL prices. It is what it is.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          The first round was single elimination. Everyone in, one and done. Second round was best of three.

The attendance sucks because a) the games aren't part of season ticket packages b) Spring Break! No students = crappy attendance. There is no fix. Unless you figure out some way to miraculously convince 3,000 alumni and or general hockey fans that college hockey is an awesome take in great arenas at a fraction of NHL prices. It is what it is.
          nah, we didnt have a first round single elimination game and neither did PC or UML so the top whatever did have a bye. I didnt look at everyone's schedule and could not find the HE composite schedule for last year. I dont think they save that. Didn't like the bottom i dunno, 8 play each other then those winners seeded vs the one's that got a bye? Jesus, i'm getting old, memory fading

we actually had decent student attendance, it was the alumni that didnt fill their side like normal in these games

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            nah, we didnt have a first round single elimination game and neither did PC or UML so the top whatever did have a bye. I didnt look at everyone's schedule and could not find the HE composite schedule for last year. I dont think they save that. Didn't like the bottom i dunno, 8 play each other then those winners seeded vs the one's that got a bye? Jesus, i'm getting old, memory fading

we actually had decent student attendance, it was the alumni that didnt fill their side like normal in these games
            Last season 1-5 got a bye and 6 hosted 11, 7 hosted 10, 8 hosted 9. 4 & 5 were automatically paired for the 2nd round. 6-11 played a single elimination 1st round game. They did the usual reseeding after the 1st round.

Did you forget because of what Notre Dame did?
            Last edited by Middle Street; 03-14-2015, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

There were 11 teams so that scenario was not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

Did you forget because of what Notre Dame did?
                lol, somethin like that

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                  Hockeyeast playoff formula is a joke-look at attendance from last night which ranged form 1300 in Prov to 4100 in Lowell
                  Need teams to eliminated before playoffs- Everyone in just protects coaching jobs
                  To be fair to Providence, their basketball team did have a huge game in New York last night. Attendance might be a bit better for today, especially with the Friars needing to win.

Comment

Nice to see the video on the goterriers' site, especially O'Regan et al blow right through the Warriers as if they were playing barefoot.

But who does the voiceover? He repeatedly called the visitors Mary Mack. Number 19 came out Bill-Air-Gin. And one time it was Jock Eichel. Someone should slip the guy a program.

Comment

Sorry. Wasn't clear. I knew the top teams had byes. Bottom teams single elimination.

O'Regan's goal was a thing of Beauty. ERod's feed to Eichel on goal #6 was Gilroy to Bonino esque. .
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        Hey Sean,

I'm trying to recall the point totals for the higher scorers between the '91 year (McEachern 82, Amonte 68, D Sacco 61, and Tomlinson 60) and now. Who else has been in at least the 60s? I see from your last post that Pandolfo had 67 as a senior and D Sacco had 62 as a Senior. I'm thinking that Drury's Sophomore and Junior years must have been in the 60s (Junior year for sure).
                        That's everyone. Chris Drury had 68 as a sophomore and 62 as a junior, which was the last time BU had a player reach 60 points.

Sean
                        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                        BU Hockey highlights and extras
                        NCAA Hockey Financials
                        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          mookie prefers holy cross. 22 minutes from his home driveway to hart parking lot.
                          Unless it's rush hour on 290...

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                            Absolutely right...but unless we all march to a different drummer now...the almighty $$$$

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              noooooooooooooo, as has been written before on BCI, ND leaves(YAYYY!!!) when Arizona St goes D1 ( assuming NCHC) making that league have uneven number, ND goes to NCHC where they belong in the first place, even it out, and Q enters HE. No better scenario. We get rid of Notre Dame and King Boar Jeff Jackson and bring in Q , excellent program that plays a great brand of hockey . Then Bentley replaces Q in ECAC if you want
                              I would also want Quinnipiac over Bentley or Holy Cross as it has excellent men's and women's programs. With Merrimack adding women's hockey next season the league would really benefit from also adding a top women's program. Of course all of this is based on wild speculation at this point.

Sean
                              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                              BU Hockey highlights and extras
                              NCAA Hockey Financials
                              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Voss and Millea today. Guess both teams will get a lot of special teams practice today.
                                Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Working...
                                X