X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Season Thread II: The Resurgence

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    OK... so Last Lead?

So, if Canisius scored 2 in the third the second AF goal would be the LL (and the third goal becomes GW)?
    The GW goal would have been different yes, but AF wouldn't have relinquished the lead even with CAN scoring 2 in the 3rd so the initial goal is still the LL.

Comment

Was about to say that rest area has been closed for years, but Sean beat me to it! Alas...

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        no no no!!!

would AF have lost their lead of can scored 2? no
        But they would have lost their lead at 1, so the LL moves to the 2nd goal, no?

Please explain to me why RMU's first goal isn't the LL?
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Please explain to me why RMU's first goal isn't the LL?
          because niagara tied it in the 2nd.... so the first goal no longer created a lead that was never lost
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

:
            they didn't lose their lead at 1. then scored again, and again, and again to lead 4-0. so unless the game gets tied, the lead is never lost once they went up 1-0

Comment

OK... so Last Lead?

So, if Canisius scored 2 in the third the second AF goal would be the LL (and the third goal becomes GW)?
              The Last Lead goal remains the same as Air Force never trailed in the game. Hockey uses a simple one more goal then the losing team scoring as the game-winning goal. Baseball used to use the run that put the winning team ahead for good as the winning RBI. There has always been a debate which one is more important. For example, NU's GWG goal on Friday was the 6th goal, but when it was scored it made the game 6-2, yet NU never trailed in the game. Which goal was more important, the first NU goal or that 6th goal? In my opinion the most important goal was actually NU's 4th as it stopped BU's momentum after they had made it 3-2, but now you're getting into subjective territory.

Sean
              Last edited by Sean Pickett; 03-02-2015, 09:02 PM.
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                Yeah, I remember for a BU-UNH HE semifinal, I held a lid to a plastic bin up blocking the TV screen when I turned on the TV to be sure the game had ended so I could stop recording and then rewind to watch the game. Only problem - the lid was light colored (not clear), and somehow, I was able to make out some UNH celebrations going on - even though the game was over, there was some sort of recap on. I watched anyway, but alas, it was a loss....

Edit: just looked it up: 2005 HE semis, went down 4-0, lost 5-2.
                What is this? Bad memories week? Yeah, and don't you just hate it when you walk in and there's a bunch of people and you say "Please don't tell me the score because I'm recording it and want to watch it later," and immediately some a**** tells you the score?

Actually, here's the WORST one (and this is going back some). When the US beat the Russians in 1980, I don't know how many people remember that game was on tape delay on ABC. I put myself in a "news blackout" mode (admittedly, not that difficult to do back then, since Al Gore had not invented the internet yet) and sat down to watch. I made it through the day without finding out a thing and said to myself, "This is great! I get to watch this game with NO inkling of what is about to happen." So what happens? The broadcast opens and ABC shows this backdrop of hundreds of fans screaming and yelling "USA! USA!" while they're waving small American flags. I mean, obviously I'm glad they won, but that kind of ruined it for me, as I then knew it was obvious that they had won even before the puck was dropped. Still a great game and maybe there was 1% doubt, but I just KNEW they had won after that...

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                  No, the Last Lead goal remains the same as Air Force never trailed in the game. Hockey uses a simple one more goal then the losing team scoring as the game-winning goal. Baseball used to use the run that put the winning team ahead for good as the winning RBI. There has always been a debate which one is more important. For example, NU's GWG goal on Friday was the 6th goal, but when it was scored it made the game 6-2, yet NU never trailed in the game. Which goal was more important, the first NU goal or that 6th goal? In my opinion the most important goal was actually NU's 4th as it stopped BU's momentum after the had made it 3-2, but now you're getting into subjective territory.

Sean
                  They're all important.

Comment

So we're going to debate GW vs. LL goals for two weeks?

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                    NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      because niagara tied it in the 2nd.... so the first goal no longer created a lead that was never lost
                      Good job splainin' Tater and mookie. Thanks.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Sean
                        since we have time.... i asked a couple weeks ago and you may have answered. but have you tried to re-piece historical +/- figures, ever?

probably pretty spotty records to try, huh? (i had noticed that older media guides didn't even list them)

Comment

Sean
                          EA = Exceptional Azz?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            What is this? Bad memories week?
                            mookie will nominate ryan whitney's goal in the uhn hea champ game after the bc game the night before that lasted forever.

Comment

EA = Exceptional Azz?
                              again.. LL (lucy liu)

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                They're all important.
                                Very good point.

I was watching the London-Sault Ste Maire OHL game yesterday and the announcers talked a bit about how important every goal was for individual scoring races, even when one team was blowing out the other team.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                                NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Working...
                                X