This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Season Thread II: The Resurgence

what is even more astounding is that fortunato has yet to receive a penalty this year.

sean, has bu had a defenseman who has played in every game ever go an entire year without picking up even one minor?!?! that is absolutely amazing.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      what is even more astounding is that fortunato has yet to receive a penalty this year.

sean, has bu had a defenseman who has played in every game ever go an entire year without picking up even one minor?!?! that is absolutely amazing.
      I know Gilroy took remarkably few, at least one year - like 4.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Looks like they changed the second assist on the winner from Eichel to Oksanen (it was announced as Eichel at the arena). Without being able to see the puck along the boards, even on replay, it looked like Eichel jammed his stick into the pile of legs, springing the puck in Rodrigues' direction. Would have been Eichel's 50th point. Oh well, it will come in due time.

Comment

Does the fact that the GWG occurred in the first 5 minutes of OT mean that game counts as a W from a Pairwise perspective?

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Does the fact that the GWG occurred in the first 5 minutes of OT mean that game counts as a W from a Pairwise perspective?
            It's in as a win in the current USCHO Pairwise.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              Would have gone in as a W either way unless there was a rule change
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Love this team. #Fanboy.

I loved when the non-dressed players made it down from the 10th floor and joined the celebration. This is a Team with a capital "T." Let's see where it takes them.

Gotta get a W and finish the year strong. #NoLetdown
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  Love this team. #Fanboy.

I loved when the non-dressed players made it down from the 10th floor and joined the celebration. This is a Team with a capital "T." Let's see where it takes them.

Gotta get a W and finish the year strong. #NoLetdown
                  These guys love playing together more than I've seen since I've started following the team. Extraordinary leadership from the captains. They're young and are going to make mistakes, but have boatloads of talent.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I wonder if they will be selling the hats at the arena on Friday. I would like one.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

BU has had only one non-goalie who played over 30 games and had no penalties, and he did it twice: Jack Parker. As a sophomore he played in 34 games and as a senior he played in 31 games (however, he had 18 PM as a junior).

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        These guys love playing together more than I've seen since I've started following the team. Extraordinary leadership from the captains. They're young and are going to make mistakes, but have boatloads of talent.
                        This team is one of the most fun BU teams I can recall watching. Last night was a big test for the youngest team in the country playing 4 Freshmen D every night. Not perfect certainly, but they found a way to win. Glad to see some 3rd/4th line scoring the last few games. No matter the ranking, NU is a very tough opponent. These teams should really be sick of each other by Saturday night!

Comment

What scares me is that they commit very many rookie mistakes -- not finishing when they have the opportunity, taking their feet off the gas when they're ahead, taking 20 minutes off. They came out in the third period thinking they've already won, and only started playing after Quinn's timeout (really good idea, by the way!). Same way in the first period. It seemed they were getting too rush-happy. Instead of stopping and letting a play develop, they'd take the shot, then have to fall back quickly when the NU defense picked it up.
                          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                            BU has had only one non-goalie who played over 30 games and had no penalties, and he did it twice: Jack Parker. As a sophomore he played in 34 games and as a senior he played in 31 games (however, he had 18 PM as a junior).

Sean
                            I'm working from (fading) memory, but I seem to recall that most of those 18 PM's came in the Nat'l Championship game vs. Cornell. I think he had a little dustup with a Cornell player late in the contest.
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

DQ on toronto radio right now. sounds like o'connor will not be here next season. he is going to graduate early after this year.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                                I'm working from (fading) memory, but I seem to recall that most of those 18 PM's came in the Nat'l Championship game vs. Cornell. I think he had a little dustup with a Cornell player late in the contest.
                                Good memory. Parker had a roughing penalty with just under 3 minutes left in the game, but Cornell's Doug Fergusan was given a 5 for fighting along with 2 for high sticking (BU's Bill Riley also received 2 for high sticking). ImParker also took a hooking penalty in the first and Cornell scored on the ensuing powerplay.

Sean
                                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                                NCAA Hockey Financials
                                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
                                X