X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Season Thread II: The Resurgence

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Nick Bonino injured while blocking a shot a few nights ago; he'll be out an indeterminate period of time.
    Heard it was a hairline fracture in his left foot. Saw a pic of him from last night's Canucks-Blackhawks game in a walking boot.

Comment

• Re: BU Beanpot Stats

Game at UNH has been moved to 4 PM.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        Nick Bonino injured while blocking a shot a few nights ago; he'll be out an indeterminate period of time.
        Been a rough time healthwise for a few former Terriers in the NHL. Shattenkirk recently needed abdominal surgery for an injury and Saturday, Wilson left the Predators-Rangers game with an upper-body injury. Both are having standout seasons.

Saturday's game with UNH was scheduled to air on WBIN and Fox Sports Atlantic. Has that been impacted by the time change?
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          Game at UNH has been moved to 4 PM.
          Looking at the forecast, that may be too late. Being snowbound in the Garden in 1978 is the stuff of legends. Stranded in Durham, Cow Hampshire for days, not so much.

Comment

Given the intense traffic gridlock in the city the past few weeks, any bets on whether tonight's game is delayed at all? And by how much?

Comment

Thank you, good sir.
              Go Terriers Go! BTW, I'm just another guy hiding behind a keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Given the intense traffic gridlock in the city the past few weeks, any bets on whether tonight's game is delayed at all? And by how much?
                As long as the TV cameras, teams, and refs are there on time I doubt NESN will let the game get pushed back since the Bruins are on at 10, no matter how many fans are there.

Comment

In addition to the normal traffic gridlock, there is a track meet invitational. Parking is going to suck.

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                    Looking at the forecast, that may be too late. Being snowbound in the Garden in 1978 is the stuff of legends. Stranded in Durham, Cow Hampshire for days, not so much.
                    Unless things changed overnight, most of the weather guys were saying 2-3 inches on the ground by 10 pm. So for a 4 pm game you should be able to get in and get out without too much of a problem.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      As long as the TV cameras, teams, and refs are there on time I doubt NESN will let the game get pushed back since the Bruins are on at 10, no matter how many fans are there.
                      I thnk that was the issue with the delay in the Lowell game - a ref was stuck in traffic. I hope UNH leaves by, like, 1pm to get here.

Comment

I thnk that was the issue with the delay in the Lowell game - a ref was stuck in traffic. I hope UNH leaves by, like, 1pm to get here.
                        That's exactly what happened. Honestly wouldn't shock me if a ref or two is late tonight, the traffic on Comm Ave, Beacon, and the surrounding neighborhoods over the past week or so has been brutal. If you're driving in, don't expect to get street parking, unclear if the parking ban will be in effect (Comm Ave is one of the banned streets), but the mounds are so huge there's barely any room. It sucks, but this is a game to just park in a garage and be free of worry.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

TSN2 also is airing tonight's BU-UNH game with its broadcast scheduled to be livestreamed on CricFree http://cricfree.sx/tsn-2-live-stream

Saturday's game, now at 4 p.m., will air on WBIN-TV and Fox Sports Atlantic with ex-Terrier player and assistant coach Don "Toot" Cahoon handling the analysis.
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                            Bring a saucer, sled, dining hall tray, etc. and head to Library Hill!
                            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              . It sucks, but this is a game to just park in a garage and be free of worry.
                              Except the garages most likely will be full from the giant track meet at the field house today.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                That's exactly what happened. Honestly wouldn't shock me if a ref or two is late tonight, the traffic on Comm Ave, Beacon, and the surrounding neighborhoods over the past week or so has been brutal. If you're driving in, don't expect to get street parking, unclear if the parking ban will be in effect (Comm Ave is one of the banned streets), but the mounds are so huge there's barely any room. It sucks, but this is a game to just park in a garage and be free of worry.
                                Thanks for the advice. A friend is coming down from Northeastern. I'm coming in from Newton and was thinking about picking her up, but maybe she should try the T. Any word on how that is going; what sort of time to expect?

Comment

Working...
                                X