This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Season Thread II: The Resurgence

Those Eichel #'s made me laugh. Has BU ever had an NCAA points leader? I know McEachern and Chris Drury put up some gaudy numbers, but there was always some Western stud putting up 5 points a night vs. the Alaska's and Nebraska's.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Evan Rodrigues will be interviewed during the first intermission of the Bruins game.

ETA - Must be the second intermission!
      Last edited by Scarlet; 02-10-2015, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Evan Rodrigues will be interviewed during the first intermission of the Bruins game.
        Watching! Scarlet, in a previous post you mentioned parking in another garage other than the one under the Agganis; which one is it? Looking forward to my second visit there...and of course, the game, gulp.
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

I think that was for your game at Conte Forum, if you don't park in the garage under Agganis Arena, there is one on Babcock Street, a block away.

Comment

I think that was for your game at Conte Forum, if you don't park in the garage under Agganis Arena, there is one on Babcock Street, a block away.
            Thanks! I think I'll play it safe and just park under the Ag. No interview for Rodrigues maybe the 2nd..
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Thanks! I think I'll play it safe and just park under the Ag. No interview for Rodrigues maybe the 2nd..
              I'd get there very, very early. I believe the Boston parking ban will be in effect thru Friday meaning no street parking on Comm Ave, so everyone will have to go to a garage or one of the very narrow side streets.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Those Eichel #'s made me laugh. Has BU ever had an NCAA points leader? I know McEachern and Chris Drury put up some gaudy numbers, but there was always some Western stud putting up 5 points a night vs. the Alaska's and Nebraska's.
                I remember a couple of Eastern guys who put up big #'s Dave Taylor and Paul Kariya and didn't Adam Oates have a monster year in 1985

Comment

Don't see much conversation about OReagan and Grezlyck chances of returning next year what are anyone's thoughts ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                    Don't see much conversation about OReagan and Grezlyck chances of returning next year what are anyone's thoughts ?
                    ssssssssshhhhhhhusssh
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                      I wouldn't be surprised to see them both back. I don't think either is better than 50% of becoming an NHL regular in their career, even though they are fantastic college players. Both can have dominant senior seasons if they return. Of course, they are both draft picks, so that whole thing about not signing by some point in the senior season and becoming a free agent could come into play.

I would obviously love to have them come back.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

DoR is a nice player, but he is a 5th rounder and sure SJ took nieto early -- but he was a 2nd rd pick. chance are DoR catches him in 3yr career pts (currently 92 and nieto had 102). most of us didn't think nieto was a risk to go but he had a great spring semester and proved he made the right choice, making the big club last year and has been up the whole year this season. it will be interesting to see.

grizzle is also interesting to consider. he's local so maybe the b's wouldn't be worried about him going the fa route after his senior season. they probably do need to work young, cheaper guys in with cap issues (which caused them to trade away ). they have young guys in cross and warsofsky still hanging around providence who haven't been called up or haven't been able to stay. (and in a similar situation, cross was also a 2nd rd pick who didn't leave early and signed no problem)
                        did any of us think warsofsky (other than hoky) was ready to go after watching him as a jr? mookie didn't.

but nobody asked mookie

whoopsy - grizzle is a 3rd, not 2
                        Last edited by mookie1995; 02-11-2015, 08:27 PM.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

ETA - Must be the second intermission!
                          Does anyone have a link to the interview? and for those who watch the game did the interview ever happen? I heard that the traffic / weather was killed and a 30 minute ride to the Garden was more like a 4 hour crawl. Hopefully Evan made it there.
                          Go Terriers Go! BTW, I'm just another guy hiding behind a keyboard.

Comment

It did happen. It was during the second intermission. He chatted with Dale Arnold. Not sure if it's on line.

Comment

It did happen. It was during the second intermission. He chatted with Dale Arnold. Not sure if it's on line.
                              Voila. http://nesn.com/2015/02/boston-unive...t-final-video/
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Nick Bonino injured while blocking a shot a few nights ago; he'll be out an indeterminate period of time.
                                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Working...
                                X