Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI @ Dartmouth (1/30), Union @ Harvard and Dartmouth (1/30, 1/31)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Dartmouth (1/30), Union @ Harvard and Dartmouth (1/30, 1/31)

Discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI @ Dartmouth (1/30), Union @ Harvard and Dartmouth (1/30, 1/31)

Congratulations to Dartmouth on two easy points.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Congratulations to Dartmouth on two easy points.
      Last edited by ibanezist00; 01-24-2015, 10:38 PM.
      Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

I think the Union - Harvard game will be a battle. Wish I could be there!

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
          I think the Union - Harvard game will be a battle. Wish I could be there!
          You could toss a coin on that one-but i think i would say the same on the RPI Dartmouth match up.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            You could toss a coin on that one-but i think i would say the same on the RPI Dartmouth match up.
            Seems like every ECAC game is a toss-up these days.
            Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              I think you have to consider Dartmouth the favorite, particularly at home.

Comment

And especially if yesterday was the start of another meltdown.

Comment

I would. But you never know which of these teams shows up from game to game. I always hope that any of these games are just not decided by the officials.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

One positive sign for RPI is the fact that they have scored at least three goals in each of their last four games, after having scored that many only three times in their first twenty-three.

Perhaps the Engineers' offensive woes are finally behind them. Now the trick will be to keep the goals coming on offense while simultaneously tightening up the defense to where it was during the first three of those four games.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                      One positive sign for RPI is the fact that they have scored at least three goals in each of their last four games, after having scored that many only three times in their first twenty-three.

Perhaps the Engineers' offensive woes are finally behind them. Now the trick will be to keep the goals coming on offense while simultaneously tightening up the defense to where it was during the first three of those four games.
                      the first three of those four games and the first two periods of the fourth game....
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        the first three of those four games and the first two periods of the fourth game....
                        Technically, we only scored in the last two periods of the third game.

Out of curiosity, is there a site that tracks the time a puck has been in each of the zones? Possession is usually tough to gauge, because you could just hold the puck in either your own zone or the netural zone, but 99% of the time you're not going to hurt anyone there. One thing I've noticed from games where we've been successful, compared to those where we haven't, is time in the attacking zone. Obviously there are going to be exceptions to this, especially with teams that find much of their success is on the counterattack. However, you have to wonder if we're doing better at finishing because we're spending more time on the attack.

Comment

RPI GameNotes.....could see the return of Mark Miller; http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...px?path=hockey
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            RPI GameNotes.....could see the return of Mark Miller; http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...px?path=hockey
                            It'd certainly be nice to re-unite the line, open the opponent's goal mouth and smile.

Comment

Working...
                            X