Ohio State vs North Dakota 1/16 - 1/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs North Dakota 1/16 - 1/17

After being on the road for its last six games, Ohio State returns home this weekend to face UND. It will be a triumphant return as the Buckeyes went 6-0 with road sweeps over Bemidji State, Penn State, and St. Cloud State. Ohio State currently sets in third place in the WCHA with 30 points, but there are some teams who have a couple games in hand on the Buckeyes as OSU has played 18 league games to 16 for others. Minnesota State has only played 14 games to this point. North Dakota sets in 6th place with 21 points, but they do have two games in hand on Ohio State as they have only played 16 games to Ohio State's 18. The point here is that positions three thru six are up for grabs and will be hotly contested the rest of the season. All the games are important, especially in matchups like this weekend's in Columbus where two of those teams are playing each other. Ohio State has been playing some good hockey at both ends of the ice lately and will want to improve on what they did in Grand Forks earlier this season when they earned 2/6 points on a shootout win. Our blue liners have been solid this season and we have gotten some nice goaltending from both redshirt-junior Stacy Danczak and freshman Kassidy Sauve. We don't necessarily have that one superstar player who can take over a game by herself (ie. Natalie Spooner), so it has been scoring by committee this season. North Dakota fans, tell us about your season so far and what we can expect this weekend. Safe travels to those who are coming down to Columbus for the games.

Re: Ohio State vs North Dakota 1/16 - 1/17

Big day for tOSU yesterday and future Buckeye Jincy Dunne:
    http://www.uscho.com/2015/01/13/dunn...t-u-18-worlds/

I think Ohio State won a game in some other sport as well, although just what that was escapes me.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Big day for tOSU yesterday and future Buckeye Jincy Dunne:
      http://www.uscho.com/2015/01/13/dunn...t-u-18-worlds/

I think Ohio State won a game in some other sport as well, although just what that was escapes me.
      That was huge! Captain Jincy comes through for Team USA! Cannot wait to see her in Scarlet & Gray next season! That "other game" wasn't bad, either!

Comment

North Dakota took game one tonight and ended Ohio State's six-game winning streak in the process in a defensive battle, 1-0. Tanja Eisenschmid scored the lone goal in the game in the first period on a redirection and it turned out to be the game-winner as the North Dakota blueliners and goaltender Shelby Amsley-Benzie made it stand. Ohio State outshot North Dakota 26-15 and Amsley-Benzie stopped all 26 shots. Stacy Danczak took the loss for Ohio State and stopped 14 of the 15 shots she faced. Ohio State had chances, but they could not get the equalizer. There were a number of shots that were not secured, but give the North Dakota defenders credit for keeping Ohio State out away from the goal where they could not get to the rebounds. The Bucks were a little frustrated after the game and felt they left points on the table tonight. Both teams are back at it tomorrow at 6:07 pm.

Comment

In similar fashion, North Dakota takes game two 1-0 and sweeps the Buckeyes. Gracen Hirschy scored the game-winner for North Dakota. Shelby Amsley-Benzie got the win in goal. The Buckeyes have next weekend off, then head to Ridder Arena to take on the Gophers 1/30 - 1/31.

Comment

For the Three Stars of the Saturday game, see the WCHA thread. As noted there, I missed the Friday UND game to be at the Men's Hockey game against Michigan.

Looks like the race for home ice in playoffs is going to go down to the wire this season. Strange how we seem to have Bemidji's number, while North Dakota seems to have ours -- but that's hockey. We do get two more regular season tries against UMD. I'd certainly welcome a playoff series with any of those clubs. My fond hope would be that we can find a way to earn home ice, regardless of opponent...

Comment

Working...
            X