Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State @ Ferris State: Let the Weird Scheduling Begin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State @ Ferris State: Let the Weird Scheduling Begin!

Mavericks make their first WCHA trip to Ferris, then the North Star Cup, then Ferris again in Mankato. For the Bulldogs, it's a scheduling quirk of Mavericks, @Mavericks, @Falcons, Falcons. Obviously, these next few weeks are make-or-break time for Ferris if they hope to defend their McNaughton Cup. For the Mavs, it's about trying to stay at the top of the Pairwise and the WCHA standings. Road split would be a decent result for us.

Re: Minnesota State @ Ferris State: Let the Weird Scheduling Begin!

The Mavs will enter the series at #1. Crazy.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Remember then Ferris was #2 and came to Mankato last year? Great series. I hope they don't repay the favor this year.

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
        Remember then Ferris was #2 and came to Mankato last year? Great series. I hope they don't repay the favor this year.
        I hope our guys remember that, because I'm pretty sure their guys remember it! We're going to get their best effort, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
          I hope our guys remember that, because I'm pretty sure their guys remember it! We're going to get their best effort, that's for sure.
          They remember. No question. They know they've earned nothing yet.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            They remember. No question. They know they've earned nothing yet.
            I should know that Coach Hastings isn't going to let them take anything for granted, but it's just nerve-racking being #1. There's only one way to go from the top.

I should ask a Gopher fan "How long do you have to be really good before you can have a certain confidence/arrogance that things aren't going to go down the tubes?"

Comment

What do you know - Hastings had them ready, and I was wrong. That's why he's the coach, and I sit in Section 215

Comment

Ferris simply cannot score this season. I'll be surprised if we top 75 goals on the season by the time we're done.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  Ferris simply cannot score this season. I'll be surprised if we top 75 goals on the season by the time we're done.
                  Is it just graduations that have hurt them, lack of playmaking centers, lack of finishers, or something else? You take out the 10 goal game, and Ferris is at 2 goals a game. Yikes.

Comment

All of the above.

Scoring was a bit of an issue last season as well, especially in the postseason. 1 goal in each of their NCAA tournament games (a 1-0 win and a 2-1 loss in 2 OT). Add in the fact that we generally build our teams from the net out, and here we are.

With ANY kind of goal scoring, we win this league again this year. Instead it's going to be a battle to finish above .500.
                    Last edited by Hammer; 01-16-2015, 11:22 PM.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                      Is it just graduations that have hurt them, lack of playmaking centers, lack of finishers, or something else? You take out the 10 goal game, and Ferris is at 2 goals a game. Yikes.
                      Injuries, I don't think we have a healthy scratch right now.
                      This space for sale.

Comment

Gritty sweep! Now lets see if they can win in the Xcel.

Comment

Working...
                        X