Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (1/16, 1/17)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (1/16, 1/17)

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    That does not include the 6-period NCAA QF 0-1 loss at Wisconsin in 2006.
    ...That's rough, buddy.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Colgate's playing well. We're not. To put it another way, our leading scorer is hurt. And his team-leading point total, halfway through the season, is... 8.
      But there's something about the RPI-Cornell series that gives reason to your third law of the ECAC. Don't be surprised to see a sieve-fest on both ends.

Comment

After reading Kepler's comments on Cornell's scoring woes and how their leading scorer has accumulated only 8 points this season, I was curious about how many points RPI's leading scorer might have.

It used to be very easy to find that information on the rpiathletics.com website. But now they seem to have gone to a long-on-graphics, short-on-information format and I can't find it anymore.

Is that information available on rpiathletics.com at all? If so, how do I access it?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
          After reading Kepler's comments on Cornell's scoring woes and how their leading scorer has accumulated only 8 points this season, I was curious about how many points RPI's leading scorer might have.

It used to be very easy to find that information on the rpiathletics.com website. But now they seem to have gone to a long-on-graphics, short-on-information format and I can't find it anymore.

Is that information available on rpiathletics.com at all? If so, how do I access it?
          It's not there. The Stats link near the top brings you to http://www.rpiathletics.com/sports/2...px?path=hockey which hasn't been updates in several years. They all go to collegehockeystats. The current version is at http://www.collegehockeystats.net/1415/teamstats/renm. The answer is that Melanson and Laliberte have 11 each.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't know where it is on the RPI website, but collegehockeystats.net has it right here. I always use that site for box scores, stats, schedules, everything.

And to answer your question, Melanson and Laliberte each have 11 points on the season, though Melanson has more goals (4 against Lally's 2).
            RPI Pep Band
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Ralph and lugnut, thanks for the info.

A little while ago, we had some posts on the RPI regular season thread about the fact that an old RPI jersey was on sale. The jersey was last worn by Dave Littlefield during the 1965-66 season.

The 1965-66 team was, as they say nowadays, offensively challenged (as well as defensively challenged and generally challenged in about every way possible). Littlefield was the fourth-leading scorer on the team and he only had 12 points for the whole season.

Of course, back then, the whole season consisted of only 22 games. This year's team, whose leading scorers have only 11 points, has already played 24.

Comment

RPI game notes http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...es_COL_COR.pdf The notes state the RPI-TV will be streaming the Cornell game even though it is on TV.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-14-2015, 08:43 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  RPI game notes http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...es_COL_COR.pdf The notes state the RPI-TV will be streaming the Cornell game even though it is on TV.
                  I noticed the Youtube live stream for the game is also available. Perhaps what they will be doing, similar to Freakout in the past couple of years, is providing the production truck to send the feed to TWC, while using RPI-TV's video feed and announcers, thereby saving money on crew cost.

Comment

I would take that outcome, though we need wins against teams in the bottom half of the standings. We don't seem to have the offense to win many against the top half of the standings.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      RPI-Cornell could be the 0-0 tie RPI fans were talking about last week. RPI has played four 0-0 games, the last on 1/29/1927 at Amherst.
                      If they could find a way to accomplish it, the officials might make this a -1 to 0 game. They might take away a goal that we did not even score.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Ralph and lugnut, thanks for the info.

A little while ago, we had some posts on the RPI regular season thread about the fact that an old RPI jersey was on sale. The jersey was last worn by Dave Littlefield during the 1965-66 season.

The 1965-66 team was, as they say nowadays, offensively challenged (as well as defensively challenged and generally challenged in about every way possible). Littlefield was the fourth-leading scorer on the team and he only had 12 points for the whole season.

Of course, back then, the whole season consisted of only 22 games. This year's team, whose leading scorers have only 11 points, has already played 24.
                        I think Al Jones led the scoring that year as a defenseman with 20 points (perhaps with 10 goals). At this stage it is looking like we will not have a 10 goal scorer and most likely not a 20 point guy although we still have a lot of hockey to play since i am expecting this team to move on in the playoffs and play a total nearing 40 games.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          I think Al Jones led the scoring that year as a defenseman with 20 points (perhaps with 10 goals). At this stage it is looking like we will not have a 10 goal scorer and most likely not a 20 point guy although we still have a lot of hockey to play since i am expecting this team to move on in the playoffs and play a total nearing 40 games.
                          IIRC, we did not have a ten-goal scorer in 07-08 (or was it 08-09?).

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            IIRC, we did not have a ten-goal scorer in 07-08 (or was it 08-09?).
                            Didn't have one in 2011-12 either. CJ was closest at 8 goals. We did have two twenty point guys: Higgs (3-20–23) and Bailen (7-15–22).
                            RPI Pep Band
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

SA’s thoughts on last weekend & what’s ahead. Sounds like Fulton & Miller will be out this weekend..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouQV2kvLCk0
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                But there's something about the RPI-Cornell series that gives reason to your third law of the ECAC. Don't be surprised to see a sieve-fest on both ends.
                                We're putting so few quality shots on net that we might still get shut out in a sieve-fest...

How's RPI's team speed? I've noticed that when we play somebody very, very slow we almost resemble a hockey team. We still can't actually score but we do novel things like pass and bring the puck into the offensive zone.

When we play somebody only very slow, we look like this guy.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X