Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver, XXX1X

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
    Is defenseman Sean Mostrom still a Denver commit, and if so, is he expected to be on campus in time for the 2015-2016 season?
    DU will face Miami in Minny

Mostrom coming this fall.

DU got a commitment on 3/13/15 from LW Joachim Weberg of Shattuck St. Mary's for 2016-17. He is from Norway. Green Bay of the USHL has his rights so I would expect him to play there next season.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=169236

2015-16 Recruits
    Sean Mostrom - D
    Blake Hillman - D
    Dylan Gambrell - F
    Troy Terry - F
    Kevin Conley - F
    Jarid Lukosevicius - F
    Logan O' Connor - F
    Sebastian Fuchs - F

2016-17 Recruits
    Joachim Weberg - F
    Liam Finley - F

2017-18 Recruits
    Mathias Emilio Pettersen - F
    Ben Brar - F
    Last edited by du78; 03-15-2015, 10:35 PM.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

From Mike Chambers. This blurb is why I asked about Mostrom. I had thought he was coming to Denver for the 2015-2016 season. This story says otherwise.

Here’s a list of 2015 and 2016 University of Denver hockey recruits. The five 2015 guys deserve more mention, more information, and I hope to add that in the next week.

Dylan Gambrell, F, Bonney Lake, Wash.
      — Played for Angelo Ricci and the Colorado Thunderbirds, now with Dubuque of USHL. Member of USA’s World Junior A Challenge Team that won gold in the fall, and played in USHL Top Prospects Game. Committed to DU and scheduled to sign this spring.

Blake Hillman, D, Elk River, Minn.
      — Playing his second year at Dubuque of USHL and joined Gabrell at USHL Top Prospects Game. Committed to DU and scheduled to sign this pring.

Logan O’Connor, F, Calgary, Alberta
      — Captain of Sioux Falls of the USHL, his second year there. Pegged as a very good four-year player. Signed his NLI with DU last fall.

Jarid Lukosevicius, F, Squamish, B.C.
      — In his second year with the Powell River Kings of BCHL, currently third among league scorers. Signed his NLI with DU last fall.

Troy Terry, F, Highlands Ranch
      — Played for Angelo Ricci’s U16 Colorado Thunderbirds and now with the USNDP, doing very well. On track to accelerate and join DU this fall.

2016 recruits: Sean Mostrom, D, Wayzata, Minn.; Liam Finlay, F, Kelowna, B.C.; Kevin Conley, F, Wausau, Wis.; Mathias Emilio Petterson, Manglerud, Norway
      sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

From Mike Chambers. This blurb is why I asked about Mostrom. I had thought he was coming to Denver for the 2015-2016 season. This story says otherwise.

Here’s a list of 2015 and 2016 University of Denver hockey recruits. The five 2015 guys deserve more mention, more information, and I hope to add that in the next week.

— Played for Angelo Ricci and the Colorado Thunderbirds, now with Dubuque of USHL. Member of USA’s World Junior A Challenge Team that won gold in the fall, and played in USHL Top Prospects Game. Committed to DU and scheduled to sign this spring.

— Playing his second year at Dubuque of USHL and joined Gabrell at USHL Top Prospects Game. Committed to DU and scheduled to sign this pring.

— Captain of Sioux Falls of the USHL, his second year there. Pegged as a very good four-year player. Signed his NLI with DU last fall.

— In his second year with the Powell River Kings of BCHL, currently third among league scorers. Signed his NLI with DU last fall.

— Played for Angelo Ricci’s U16 Colorado Thunderbirds and now with the USNDP, doing very well. On track to accelerate and join DU this fall.

2016 recruits: Sean Mostrom, D, Wayzata, Minn.; Liam Finlay, F, Kelowna, B.C.; Kevin Conley, F, Wausau, Wis.; Mathias Emilio Petterson, Manglerud, Norway
        I got my list from College Hockey Inc. It doesn't make sense that Chambers has only 5 coming in and 7 are graduating. Is Auston Matthews coming? He is the potential #1 pick in the 2016 NHL draft. He will be a one and done like Jack Eichel will be with BU this year. The Everett Silvertips of the WHL are going to make a huge push to get him to play in their league. All the major schools are after him. He is from AZ and friends with Viva for whatever that is worth. DU is one of his college choices if he goes that route.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/au...-no-1-in-2016/
        Last edited by du78; 03-15-2015, 11:18 PM.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Hillman has signed NLI--Traded to Waterloo
          Mostrom turns 21 this month--should be 2015
          Sebastian Fuchs played 4 games--was injured--hasn't played since
          GO DU !!!

Comment

CHN reporting:
            Friday, March 20, 2015 - NCHC semifinal
            Denver at Miami, 7:30 CT
            St. Cloud State at North Dakota, 4:00 CT
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
              CHN reporting:
              Friday, March 20, 2015 - NCHC semifinal
              Denver at Miami, 7:30 CT
              St. Cloud State at North Dakota, 4:00 CT
              Confirmed by DU

Comment

Here's the story that ran in today's Denver Post. http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/c...aits-no-1-ncaa
                Looks like with two loses we would end up 7th overall and a two seed. That seventh spot might land us in South Bend which would be better in my opinion than going all the way to the East Coast.
                Go Pioneers!

Comment

In October did anyone think #1 seed would be in play?

6 of 8, 75% of NCHC positioned for NCAA Tournament--that's unreal.
                  Last edited by vizoroo; 03-17-2015, 01:03 AM.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Who's the goalie down the stretch for this team? I think it's risky to keep switching especially come tournament time. I'd go with Cowley simply because he gives DU the best chance at a national title. I also think he is a higher risk option because of his potential to have a really bad game.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                      Who's the goalie down the stretch for this team? I think it's risky to keep switching especially come tournament time. I'd go with Cowley simply because he gives DU the best chance at a national title. I also think he is a higher risk option because of his potential to have a really bad game.
                      Nobody really wants to talk about our goal tending situation. I expect that Monty will stick with the rotation.
                      Go Pioneers!

Comment

NCHC leads the way in attendance. Hats off to the CC fans. Coming in 4th in a season like the Tigers had is very impressive.
                        http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...ion-attendance
                        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                          Nobody really wants to talk about our goal tending situation. I expect that Monty will stick with the rotation.
                          I meant to respond to your post a while ago about the goaltending situation. I'd have to disagree with your assessment that it's a weak link for the team (or something to that effect). Granted, we don't have a rock star top 10 goalie, but we do have 2 goalies that I'd consider to be good, and sometimes very good. Cowley is tied for 14th nationwide with a .928 save percentage. Jaillet is further down at .917, but that's still a decent number. I only went to the Saturday game this past weekend, but I heard that Jaillet played well on Friday. Jaillet has a good winning percentage, and Cowley has 3 shut outs on the season. So while I look upon our defensemen and the Heinen-Moore-Doremus line as the "stars" of the team, I think our goaltending is nothing to sneeze at. If I had to predict who is most likely to become a shut-down postseason goalie to take us deep into the national tournament, I'd have to guess Cowley--he didn't have to make a ton of tough saves on Saturday (and he got lucky on one), but a playoff shut-out can't hurt his case. We'll see what the coaches think on that. I feel good with either of those guys in the net, but I do hope that one can separate himself from the other so that we have a true "go-to" guy down the stretch.

Comment

bump
                            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                            Tom Serratore

Comment

Men's lacrosse final:

Denver 10
                              Lehigh 4
                              sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

JOEY!
                                http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/pr...bey-in-denver/

Statsny hits 600
                                @PaulyWalnuts26 talks about playing in Game No. 600. WATCH >>> http://bit.ly/1FxyrDo

Deja vu Wiercioch on the Power Play
                                http://NHL.com video: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/?id=78288
                                Last edited by vizoroo; 03-17-2015, 10:25 PM.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X