Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver, XXX1X

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
    To the bolded part: every single solitary Sioux fan and player chastised this fan on twitter and in person after he did it. He was banned for the arena for the rest of the season and got a Minor in Possesion of Alcohol, which was great karma. Do not project one moronic fan's incredibly douchiness to an entire fanbase or the town of Grand Forks when every other person condemned it. Coach Monty received many tweets and messages from our fans(including myself) and made a point to tweet out the thanks for the support and the moment of silence to UND. So excuse me if the comment "only in ND" and "can't imagine the happening in other places" irks me just a bit.
    If UND took that action, then I'm impressed. And yes, the tweets from the UND players are very commendable.

FS 23: I have to disagree. I don't think that yelling something disrespectful during a moment of silence for a recently deceased family member of a coach "happens everywhere." If it does, then our society is much worse than I thought. We have all experienced stupid behavior at sporting events, but this one is in a different category.

Anyway, sorry I brought it up. It's tough to ignore, and of course DU fans are upset about what happened...but the focus should rightly be on condolences to the Montgomery family, as was done by UND and 99.99% of their fans in attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
      FS 23: I have to disagree. I don't think that yelling something disrespectful during a moment of silence for a recently deceased family member of a coach "happens everywhere." If it does, then our society is much worse than I thought. We have all experienced stupid behavior at sporting events, but this one is in a different category.
      You missed my point. I'm not saying that this exact situation happens everywhere, but that this type of behavior happens everywhere. To think that it only would happen in North Dakota is absolutely ridiculous.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

NCHC does a make up call for not throwing Moore out of Saturday's game...

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          You missed my point. I'm not saying that this exact situation happens everywhere, but that this type of behavior happens everywhere. To think that it only would happen in North Dakota is absolutely ridiculous.
          FS23 is right. This stuff happens in a lot of places. Was the incident classless? Definitely. However, this is not an isolated incident to North Dakota. Thank you to the fans who shamed the fan in the arena and on twitter ect.
          Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
          www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
            Team.Captain.MacMillan.and.Cagguila.expressed.the. views.of.the.UND.team.
            Well.said
            This
            Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Team.Captain.MacMillan.and.Cagguila.expressed.the. views.of.the.UND.team.
              Well.said
              Continuing on Cagguila's feed, the moron who did the yelling outed himself by apologizing to Drake, and Drake told him to direct his apologies to Monty. The moron has since gone private so his tweets can't be viewed.

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder if Moore deserved a one game suspension for that hit. The result was certainly bad, with the UND guy doing a complete flip in the air. Very dangerous, and I'm glad that the UND player was OK. Just wondering whether Moore's hit was the type of hit that would normally cause such a dramatic result. Seems that he just put his hip out, and happened to undercut the guy in a very strange way. The league obviously saw something they didn't like. But I'm a little surprised about the suspension, especially given the fact that Moore doesn't have a bad history--prior to the 5 minute major, he only had ONE two minute penalty in 27 games.

Comment

I'm a little disappointed, we play CC on a few days and not a word.

CC Sucks!!! 57!!!

RIP Butch

sigpic
                  www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    Continuing on Cagguila's feed, the moron who did the yelling outed himself by apologizing to Drake, and Drake told him to direct his apologies to Monty. The moron has since gone private so his tweets can't be viewed.
                    Before.he.was.a.nameless.moron,but.his.tweet.
                    exposed.him..What.an.idiot..Bet.he.got.some."really.nice".tweets.before.he.
                    went.private.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                      I'm a little disappointed, we play CC on a few days and not a word.

CC Sucks!!! 57!!!
                      58.if.you're.counting...........cc.still.sucks!!!
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                        58.if.you're.counting...........cc.still.sucks!!!
                        They REALLY suck this year. I almost feel sorry for them. Hell, their posters don't even show up here anymore.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                        www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Hello? Anyone alive?

RIP Butch

sigpic
                          www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

CC does indeed suck. Literally, figuratively, and in the standings. Not sure what kind of presence CC fans have on USCHO anymore, but I'm wondering whether the CC fans are giving the new coach a break, or whether they were supposed to be a lot better this year than they have been.

Gwoz's teams would quite often falter in the games vs CC that DU was "supposed to" win. Hopefully Montgomery has a different approach and different results.

But Gwoz still rules. I miss the guy.

And Vizoroo, what is up with the periods after every word? It makes for a very halting speaking style if you read it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                              CC does indeed suck. Literally, figuratively, and in the standings. Not sure what kind of presence CC fans have on USCHO anymore, but I'm wondering whether the CC fans are giving the new coach a break, or whether they were supposed to be a lot better this year than they have been.

Gwoz's teams would quite often falter in the games vs CC that DU was "supposed to" win. Hopefully Montgomery has a different approach and different results.

But Gwoz still rules. I miss the guy.

And Vizoroo, what is up with the periods after every word? It makes for a very halting speaking style if you read it out!
                              Myspacebarhastakenaleaveofabsence..
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Myspacebarhastakenaleaveofabsence..
                                hold down "Alt" and hit "32" on keypad for spaces w/o spacebar.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X