PDA

View Full Version : NMU vs. Michigan Tech Jan 9/10: Hopefully this series is as epic as the football game

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Huskiefan906
01-09-2015, 09:55 PM
Only seemed like a rivalry game in the third.
Great job by Tech to get the point short handed tonight without Gould.

RaceBoarder
01-09-2015, 10:36 PM
Well, this seems like it sucked :mad:

geezer
01-09-2015, 10:40 PM
Northern definitely played more physical tonight and I noticed that physicality with Kesti the most. Game we should've won but didn't. Feels like a loss almost.

Is there any history between Alex Petan and Northern that I don't remember? Only heard part of the game tonight, but it sounded like Petan was taking a lot of big hits. Should be fun at the Mac tomorrow.

NMU Fan
01-10-2015, 02:21 AM
Is there any history between Alex Petan and Northern that I don't remember? Only heard part of the game tonight, but it sounded like Petan was taking a lot of big hits. Should be fun at the Mac tomorrow.

Only thing I recall is Petan and Cohen Adair's post game scrum from Dec. 4th, 2012 in Marquette. Not sure why that would carry over 2 years though.

Dahlstrom needs to steal a win tonight and the NMU defense can't let Tech put up 7 or 8...

NMU Fan
01-10-2015, 07:21 AM
Gameday at MacInnes. Hope my fellow NMU fans post a good turnout tonight.

GO CATS GO!

Get the W you should've gotten last night.

Broseph Stalin
01-10-2015, 11:53 AM
That 5-min major call was complete bull ****. What the **** is wrong with the refs? No one has their hands up because they didn't blow the whistle until well after MTU possessed the puck but they assess a major and game misconduct? Unbelievable.

I haven't seen a call that completely stupid in a very long time.

RapidsCity
01-10-2015, 03:31 PM
So I thought Ryan Kesti finally turned a corner and was playing much better his senior year.

And then the dipsh*t goes and plays like a goddammed goon tonight getting away with a knee-on-knee attempt in the first period and finally being caught for a blatant kneeing to kill the momentum and give the Huskies a five minute major (and two subsequent PP goals by them).

What a ******** useless sack. :mad:

I see you these guys in the NMU camp too. You've got to love the anonymity a screen name provides. In the Soo, we had plenty that would publicly flog the previous coach and his family with their keyboards. It's unlikely that any of them would have such comments personally. My guess is this keyboard warrior can barely stand up on skates and never made it past house league. Every team has these "fans."

aparch
01-10-2015, 06:00 PM
LOL Wut?

If you're referring to me, I've never been an anonymous keyboard jockey and have been supportive of this program as a whole. What I saw last night was lazy and uncalled for and from those who were there that I talked to, echos the vocal comments made last night.

He really pulled himself together as a person and a player, especially to get named as co-captain by his fellow teammates. Maybe last night was a mental breakdown, but he needs to put that behind himself and return to the player who was selected as co-captain.

And believe me, if you think this was bad, you missed a decade ago when I would get on Zach Tarkir. Some of the older posters can verify. :p

JohnsonsJerseys
01-10-2015, 06:37 PM
So is there going to be a hockey game on anytime soon, or do we have to watch cross country skiing all night???
Ryan J

Yager
01-10-2015, 06:41 PM
WCHA's worst video feed is working, make sure to refresh if you still see cross country skiiing.

<div style='display:none;'>Live Blog 01/10 Michigan Tech vs. Northern Michigan</div><div id='cil-root-stream-09a7c7156e' class='cil-root'><span class='cil-config-data' title='{"altcastCode":"09a7c7156e","server":"www.coveritlive.com","geometry":{"width":"fit","height":900},"configuration":{"pinsGrowSize":"on","newEntryLocation":"top","commentLocation":"top","replayContentOrder":"chronological","titlePage":"on","skinOverride":"","embedType":"stream","titleImage":"http:\/\/cdnmo.coveritlive.com\/media\/avitars\/201412\/phpdhffig2014oct31-365.jpg"}}'>&nbsp;</span></div><script type='text/javascript'> window.cilAsyncInit = function() { cilEmbedManager.init() }; (function() { if (window.cilVwRand === undefined) { window.cilVwRand = Math.floor(Math.random()*10000000); } var e = document.createElement('script'); e.async = true; var domain = (document.location.protocol == 'http:' || document.location.protocol == 'file:' ) ? 'http://cdnsl.coveritlive.com' : 'https://cdnslssl.coveritlive.com'; e.src = domain + '/vw.js?v=' + window.cilVwRand; e.id = 'cilScript-09a7c7156e'; document.getElementById('cil-root-stream-09a7c7156e').appendChild(e); }()); </script>

The Rube
01-10-2015, 07:40 PM
I see you these guys in the NMU camp too. You've got to love the anonymity a screen name provides. In the Soo, we had plenty that would publicly flog the previous coach and his family with their keyboards. It's unlikely that any of them would have such comments personally. My guess is this keyboard warrior can barely stand up on skates and never made it past house league. Every team has these "fans."

aparch is an NMU fan through and through. He'll back his words in person, no matter what he says. Sincerely, a Gopher fan.

FadeToBlack&Gold
01-10-2015, 07:43 PM
In the Soo, we had plenty that would publicly flog the previous coach and his family with their keyboards.

Near as I've been able to tell over the past six months, it's not limited to the previous coach.

Foxton
01-10-2015, 08:04 PM
And believe me, if you think this was bad, you missed a decade ago when I would get on Zach Tarkir. Some of the older posters can verify. :p
Don't try to name drop, you're just a big internet bully! Nobody would ever see you at a game!

aparch
01-10-2015, 09:09 PM
Don't try to name drop, you're just a big internet bully! Nobody would ever see you at a game!Ha! :D

bose301s
01-10-2015, 09:10 PM
well that was a huge letdown and puts Tech under .500 for their last 12 and last 6 game, 5-6-1 and 2-3-1, this team really needs to decide if they're a top tier team or not.

aparch
01-10-2015, 09:11 PM
There we go 'Cats! A better late game performance. Dug deep, and got the OT winner. :D

Now to take care of business on the upcoming road trip. Two in Alabama, two in Happy Valley, PA.

Huskiefan906
01-10-2015, 09:18 PM
NMU got it done tonight.
Tech needs to get Sturos, Pietila, and a healthy David Johnstone firing like the beginning of the season.
The BG series is huge if Tech does not want to settle into third place in the WCHA.

Regroup and get ready for next week.
Would of liked to see P. Anderson tonight.

Anyone know if Blacklock and E. Anderson are red-shirting?

Go Tech

davyd83
01-10-2015, 10:15 PM
Don't try to name drop, you're just a big internet bully! Nobody would ever see you at a game!

You'd see him at more games if he lived in Marquette, but he certainly was a regular at games while at NMU. The being said, his commentary on Kesti was waaaaaaaay off base. I looked at the team video a half dozen times tonight of the penalty. There was no knee. It should have been a 2 minute tripping minor. He's hardly a ******* sack or even a dipsh*t.

Foxton
01-10-2015, 10:27 PM
You'd see him at more games if he lived in Marquette, but he certainly was a regular at games while at NMU.
Not sure if you picked up on the sarcasm or are trying to continue the joke.

BTW Fire Russell.

gfmorris
01-10-2015, 10:30 PM
WCHA's worst video feed is working, make sure to refresh if you still see cross country skiiing.

I wasn't aware that UAH or Alaska were at home tonight.

GFM