Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NMU vs. Michigan Tech Jan 9/10: Hopefully this series is as epic as the football game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU vs. Michigan Tech Jan 9/10: Hopefully this series is as epic as the football

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
    I'll admit I've not been since I moved down here... so about 7 years. I'm debating making the trip up Sunday night.
    That's about when I made my first trip to the UP, for this home-and-home no less. The BEC sucks. The games were worse.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Re: NMU vs. Michigan Tech Jan 9/10: Hopefully this series is as epic as the football

And a nice little promo video:
      http://youtu.be/yrKiDiocH7E
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Oh. Dear. Lord.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThArcQ5zJlI

Ashley Kirklen (TV6): "...What does it mean for this program, for these games to be televised?"
        Forrest Karr: "[discussing prior games televised] ... Suzanne [MTU's AD?] and I were a little concerned that it may have a negative impact on attendance but what we found was that it actually generates excitement and we're actually getting more attendance so it's, it's a great opportunity for exposure umm for people to see what our kids do."
        Somewhere in the PEIF, Dollar Bill Wirtz's apparition is successfully continuing his life work. Unbelievable. Next I'll be reading a press release that he's found out you can purchase advertising space in the Mining Journal, and they'll be utilizing this brand new printing press technology to promote upcoming games!

Ashley Kirklen (TV6): "...You guys have a lot of banners hanging up but there is no trophy for this series like there is for the Miner's Cup in Football. Do you guys plan to implement some sort of trophy...?"
        Forrest Karr: "Yeah, it's a great matchup with them. What I'd like to do, and I'm going to talk to Suzanne [obviously now MTU's AD] about it, is have some sort of All-Sports trophy. They actually had that at one time and we compete against Michigan Tech in cross country running, women's volleyball, skiing, men's basketball, women's basketball, hockey, you know we have all these different events throughout the year so we can keep track of all those and add up the points and I think that would add to the rivalry and be exciting."
        Oh. My. Fu**ing. GOD.

The GODDAMMED [Formerly known as the Ramada Cup] trophy is on a shelf in the locker room just a mere 200' to the North of where his interview was being held.

I had such high hopes when Forrest was hired, but all I'm hearing from this interview is Ken Godfrey 2.0.

Hallelujah! Holy sh*t! Where's the Tylenol?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Oh. Dear. Lord.

Somewhere in the PEIF, Dollar Bill Wirtz's apparition is successfully continuing his life work. Unbelievable. Next I'll be reading a press release that he's found out you can purchase advertising space in the Mining Journal, and they'll be utilizing this brand new printing press technology to promote upcoming games!

Oh. My. Fu**ing. GOD.

The GODDAMMED [Formerly known as the Ramada Cup] trophy is on a shelf in the locker room just a mere 200' to the North of where his interview was being held.

I had such high hopes when Forrest was hired, but all I'm hearing from this interview is Ken Godfrey 2.0.

I can see why UAF was penalized with NCAA sanctions for stuff that happened under his watch.
          "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            Glad to see they're working to get a full barn....
            If they really wanted a full barn, they would have scheduled it when students were on campus. Same goes for the UAH/Bemidji rivalry.
            BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
              If they really wanted a full barn, they would have scheduled it when students were on campus. Same goes for the UAH/Bemidji rivalry.
              I'm sure if the schools had a choice, they wouldn't have selected this weekend. But the league does the schedule.

Comment

So since there is a "Student Section" and a lot of students won't be here, will those seats just be empty? Would be nice to be able to sell them to general public.
                2004 Alumni. Season Ticket holder since 2004. Go Cats!

Comment

Oh. Dear. Lord.

Oh. My. Fu**ing. GOD.

I'm surprised that Ramada hasn't wanted to get involved again now that they play 4 times a year.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    I'm surprised that Ramada hasn't wanted to get involved again now that they play 4 times a year.
                    I believe that when the Franklin Square in Houghton was still a Ramada (it's now the Magnuson) it was owned by the same group who owns the Ramada in Marquette...not entirely sure but I think that was the case. Now that the Ramada is over in Hancock it has a different owner, so maybe it's not as cut-and-dry of a situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
                      Yeah, I don't understand the thought processes here.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Roughly 100 reserved seats remain at the BEC as of today. NMU also opened up GA sales in Section 9.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
                          Roughly 100 reserved seats remain at the BEC as of today. NMU also opened up GA sales in Section 9.
                          Good to read!

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Good to read!
                            This series ought to always be packed! I wish I could make it up for Friday, but work will have me in Wausau and I'm not driving home 2 hours to drive 3 north...
                            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
                              About 70 seats left for Saturday in the SDC. SRO tickets are now available.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Gameday at the BEC.

GO CATS GO CATS GO CATS GO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X