The 2015 Pairwise, Bracketology and History Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Manchester vs Providence is mostly interchangeable - except if RIT is there. Technically, RIT is within 400 miles of Manchester, if you use Rt 9. Otherwise it is well over 400 miles. RIT is 386 miles from Providence.

Others are putting Mankato in South Bend no matter what, and moving Miami to Providence. That means an extra 2 flights the NCAA wouldn't have to do (Miami and RIT) and there would be absolutely no draw in SB while you would have to rely on Yale (or maybe PC) to carry the Providence regional.
    The Mavericks are the #1 overall seed, yet may get shipped out East?

Also, they should play RIT wherever they go, correct?
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: The 2015 Pairwise, Bracketology and History Thread

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      The Mavericks are the #1 overall seed, yet may get shipped out East?

Also, they should play RIT wherever they go, correct?
      Yes to both. Reasoning in previous post.

Seems harsh, but the NCAA has done this at least once before. Denver was #2 overall and was shipped to Amherst (in 2005, won the national title).

ETA: Denver was also #2 overall and got shipped to Albany in 2010.
      Last edited by Priceless; 03-21-2015, 10:39 PM.

Comment

USCHO bracketology

(work in progress)

Comment

Congratulations to the B1G...they blew up college hockey and produced an autobid conference. Well done!
          They're just lucky the AHA is below them in seeding .
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

have to say, in previous years it has been fairly easy to put together a bracket. i see a lot more possibilities with this bracket than in the past. intriguing.

Comment

Yes to both. Reasoning in previous post.

Seems harsh, but the NCAA has done this at least once before. Denver was #1 overall and was shipped to Amherst (in 2005, won the national title).
              I wish that would guarantee the same result.

Obviously I think that's ridiculous, but the NC$$ is ridiculous.

Any instances where they went the other way? (For example, keeping the Mavericks in South Bend.)
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                Congratulations to the B1G...they blew up college hockey and produced an autobid conference. Well done!
                Well said.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                  I wish that would guarantee the same result.

Obviously I think that's ridiculous, but the NC$$ is ridiculous.

Any instances where they went the other way? (For example, keeping the Mavericks in South Bend.)
                  The Providence regional will be a ghost town if BC, BU or PC aren't there....I doubt you ever see Brown bid again
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                    Well said.
                    Someone is a little bummed about his team's performance all weekend.

Interesting PWR year. Hasn't Moy predicted every year? This one is tough.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      The Providence regional will be a ghost town if BC, BU or PC aren't there....I doubt you ever see Brown bid again
                      primarily because people like me will be in manchvegas watching my team whereas if bu wasn't in i would be in providence watching great hockey.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        They made it to the National Championship game every year so far.
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          primarily because people like me will be in manchvegas watching my team whereas if bu wasn't in i would be in providence watching great hockey.
                          Hey I will join you in Manchvegas if PC gets shipped!
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            Hey I will join you in Manchvegas if PC gets shipped!
                            i'm gonna guess pc plays in providence. write it down in ink
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                              Well said.
                              Still not over us dumping you huh...dont worry we still think about you from time to time late at night when we got nothing better to do
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                                Hasn't Moy predicted every year? This one is tough.
                                Moy has correctly picked the field every year - so basically he can read the pairwise, just like everyone else. His actual bracket is usually pretty close, but he's certainly not perfect there.

Wodon's final prediction from CHN is up.
                                He's keeping Mankato in South Bend.
                                Last edited by Nowheresville; 03-21-2015, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X