Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2015 Pairwise, Bracketology and History Thread

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Jim Dahl might grace us with his computer calculations, but it would appear that all of the top 8 have clinched spots. In fact, with a projection of UMD sweeping at Denver, neither team moved. The statistics say that at least two of the teams currently in the mix will fall out of the field.
    Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
    This sounds reasonable to me but I'm no Jim Dahl. If true, DU losing in 2 or 3 might be the better path to Boston. No sense burning gas against all the high flyers we've already bumped heads with all season. Enough already!
    That worked pretty well in 2004 in Boston
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      Where would UMD go if they got swept?
      No idea. They would fall to at least a two seed and could drop to a 3-seed by the time the other conferences are done.

The thing to bear in mind about where teams will end up:
      Miami+Bowling Green will be in South Bend whenever possible.
      As long as three #1 seeds (or BU and 2 other #1 seeds) have to fly, regionals are up in the air. Because a flight is a flight, the committee can place the top seeds wherever and maintain bracket integrity. Right now Duluth and Mankato are interchangeable depending on what the attendance needs are. They could easily end up in either of the eastern sites. If Denver were to replace Miami as a #1 seed, all three of those teams could end up at any of the three regionals - depending on how they align with teams below them.

Attendance:
      Fargo - all set, tickets sold and UND in region
      South Bend - tickets sold but needs Miami and/or Bowling Green (Michigan would help) for butts in the seats
      Providence - MA/CT/RI teams ideal
      Manchester - MA teams ideal

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        It's fun to do this each week but you guys are getting awfully hung up on little details. The simple answer to your question Biddy is it depends on EVERYTHING ELSE
        I know. Hence why I'm too lazy to do those models. Too many combinations.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by JimDahl View Post
          I agree -- Denver looks pretty safe if swept, Providence does not.
          playoffstatus.com concurs:

http://playoffstatus.com/ncaahockey/...npartprob.html

Appears everyone 8 and up is in, even if any of them lose out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

That thing has the rankings around 13-15 completely wrong, even has SCSU in the field.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

As had been said, those guys don't use PWR.

Comment

I really wish we had slack.net right now
                I'd like to fiddle around with combinations but there is no good way to get to an end point. Guess I'll have to wait one more week.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  That thing has the rankings around 13-15 completely wrong, even has SCSU in the field.
                  which, again, points to how annoying creating a simulator can be... I know I've done it in the past... but anyways.

Jim probably could put together a good straight probabalistic analysis based on the rest of the playoffs... the problem prior to that is computing standings and tie-breakers. Now that we're in playoff mode its all straight determinalism. The hard part, writing the PWR code, is done. Only issue would be 3rd place game ties... krach doesnt do ties
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    which, again, points to how annoying creating a simulator can be... I know I've done it in the past... but anyways.

Jim probably could put together a good straight probabalistic analysis based on the rest of the playoffs... the problem prior to that is computing standings and tie-breakers. Now that we're in playoff mode its all straight determinalism. The hard part, writing the PWR code, is done. Only issue would be 3rd place game ties... krach doesnt do ties
                    Except for the Big...
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

You could go here: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/ncaapwcr.php

Hit customize and enter results from Friday and Saturday. Sorry, it does not go any deeper.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Jim Dahl might grace us with his computer calculations, but it would appear that all of the top 8 have clinched spots. In fact, with a projection of UMD sweeping at Denver, neither team moved. Providence and Boston College still have work to do to wrap up a spot and anyone below them is too close to the bubble to rest easy. The statistics say that at least two of the teams currently in the mix will fall out of the field.
                        Jim's current analysis. http://collegehockeyranked.com/
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

So the conclusion that we came to, that the top 8 are safe, seems to be confirmed.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Except for the Big...
                            bleep
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              You could go here: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/ncaapwcr.php

Hit customize and enter results from Friday and Saturday. Sorry, it does not go any deeper.
                              And it resets after each entry, so if you wanted to change one result, you'd have to enter everything all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

Do any of the leagues still have a third place game? I thought that after the ECAC dropped it last year, they were all gone.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X