Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2015 Pairwise, Bracketology and History Thread

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Yeah, I'm talking about butts in the seats. Having tickets sold and seats empty is better than not selling tickets, but I still think that the NCAA would much rather have seats full at regionals, for atmosphere reasons, and just because it is much less depressing for the TV broadcast.
    This is the NC$$ we're talking about...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      This is the NC$$ we're talking about...
      So then forget about the attendance reasons. They're saving $$$$$ by swapping MN and Yale because it saves a flight for Yale. Regardless, that swap makes sense.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I admit I don't pay too much attention to all this stuff but did I miss a change in the rules that the host school doesn't get placed in their region? Shouldn't Providence be in Providence?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          I admit I don't pay too much attention to all this stuff but did I miss a change in the rules that the host school doesn't get placed in their region? Shouldn't Providence be in Providence?
          Brown is the host school of the Providence regional, not Providence. So Providence doesn't get that "protection".
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Brown is the host school of the Providence regional, not Providence. So Providence doesn't get that "protection".
            Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. Gotcha. I did not know that.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Also, Michigan State is leading the Big 10. So if you're doing the brackets, it would be proper to give the Big 10 autobid to Michigan State, bumping Lowell out.

edit: and Michigan State is currently below Robert Morris in the PWR, so RMU would be the 15 seed, MSU the 16.
              By winning percentage Minnesota (and Michigan) are ahead of State.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                By winning percentage Minnesota (and Michigan) are ahead of State.
                Eh, I'm inclined to ignore the winning percentages when all teams have played the same amount of games, and all have 2 remaining. MSU has 1 more point than the other 2, which, to me, puts them in the driver's seat. Obviously, it doesn't matter because we have no clue who will actually win that auto-bid.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Eh, I'm inclined to ignore the winning percentages when all teams have played the same amount of games, and all have 2 remaining. MSU has 1 more point than the other 2, which, to me, puts them in the driver's seat. Obviously, it doesn't matter because we have no clue who will actually win that auto-bid.
                  Does that include any SO wins (not sure if MSU has any). If so, those don't matter in NCAA so thus win% is greater.
                  Loving the Maroon and Gold since 1984!

Better Dead then Red!

Comment

Also, Michigan State is leading the Big 10. So if you're doing the brackets, it would be proper to give the Big 10 autobid to Michigan State, bumping Lowell out.

edit: and Michigan State is currently below Robert Morris in the PWR, so RMU would be the 15 seed, MSU the 16.
                    This is one of the funniest things ever. The BTHC autobid is below the AHA autobid? HAHAHAHAHA!
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by RuesterGAGT View Post
                      Does that include any SO wins (not sure if MSU has any). If so, those don't matter in NCAA so thus win% is greater.
                      Conference has SO and uses those points. Ergo they count if projecting who gets #1 seed (though not project who will win conference tourney autobid)
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
                        As to BC being UND's kriptonyte, they haven't played a NCAA game in 8 years. Not even the seniors on this current team had teammates that played against BC. As a UND fan, I'd be happy to have them in Fargo and have a shot at putting this BC thing to rest. Better to play them in Fargo than Boston! Home ice wouldn't hurt either
                        Actually, Yale is UND's Krytonite!
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          This is one of the funniest things ever. The BTHC autobid is below the AHA autobid? HAHAHAHAHA!
                          Hahaha
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            I'd make the brackets this way:

Fargo:
                            1. North Dakota
                            2. Denver
                            3. Providence
                            4. Michigan State

Manchester:
                            1. Minnesota State
                            2. Nebraska-Omaha
                            3. Boston College
                            4. Robert Morris

Providence:
                            1. Minnesota-Duluth
                            2. Boston University
                            3. Bowling Green
                            4. Yale

South Bend:
                            1. Miami
                            2. Michigan Tech
                            3. Quinnipiac
                            4. Minnesota

The only swap I made from the perfect bracket integrity bracket was to send MN to South Bend, swapping with Yale. MN would improve attendance in South Bend, and Yale going Providence avoids a flight.
                            Please not Manchester.
                            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              Gold Jerry gold!

Hopefully it stays that way
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                                Gold Jerry gold!

Hopefully it stays that way
                                For some unknown reason I appear to be blocked by the BTHC twitter account. Thus I encourage other people to tweet @B1GHockey about this matter and how their conference is working out for them.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X