Hockey Booster Clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey Booster Clubs

No real reason, just an informal survey out of curiosity.

Does your womens hockey team have a booster club of its own?
    If it does about how many members does it have & what sorts of activities does it engage in for the team?
    Does the school have one for its men's team?
    Is there just one club for all athletics on campus? (I know that is the case at some schools)

We get around the WCHA and noticed different levels of fan support and activity but have not gotten out East yet so no clue other than conversations with a BU parent and a Penn St. dad. Made me wonder what sort of support structures exist for the women.

Re: Hockey Booster Clubs

Not really a booster club per se, but at OSU, we have a fan group called the Scarlet Liners. We support both our men's and women's hockey programs. We have a website and a fb page. Next month we are taking a bus trip to the men's game at Michigan State. At some point, I would like to see the group take a bus trip to one of the women's road games. We had a tailgate back in September at one of the football games. The girls and coaches came by, which was nice.

Comment

I think BC is working on some kind of women's hockey support chapter through the men's booster club Pikes Peak. But nothing really happening yet with that.

Looking forward to seeing the UNH response in this thread.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

University of Minnesota
        Men: Blue Line Club
        Women: Power Play Club

As I belong to both I can say that the PPC is a much more active group and, from a financial point of view for its members, a real bargain.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          I think BC is working on some kind of women's hockey support chapter through the men's booster club Pikes Peak. But nothing really happening yet with that.

Looking forward to seeing the UNH response in this thread.

There is no UNH group. It was disbanded by the AD because the majority of the board had the audacity to question the way the athletic department handled the announcement of Brian McCloskey's dismissal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
            There is no UNH group. It was disbanded by the AD because the majority of the board had the audacity to question the way the athletic department handled the announcement of Brian McCloskey's dismissal.
            Great, its a genius move to discourage the people devoted to the team. I guess I missed that excitement, was it as smooth as UMDs?

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
              There we go
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

At Harvard, we used to have a booster club for the men's team. It was disbanded after the '82-83 season after a rather testy game between Cornell and the Crimson that saw someone hurl a glass bottle from the student section at the Cornell goalie (it hit him) at the conclusion of the game.

We have something called the Crimson Kids Club but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                  At Harvard, we used to have a booster club for the men's team. It was disbanded after the '82-83 season after a rather testy game between Cornell and the Crimson that saw someone hurl a glass bottle from the student section at the Cornell goalie (it hit him) at the conclusion of the game.
                  YIKES! That does not sound like Haaa-vad to me!

Given the dearth of answers I'm not sure if MN is just the lone example or if people don't care. It seems like even on the men's side there may not be many booster clubs. Maybe thats more just a football and basketball deal - a place businesspeople can drag clients & take off their taxes?

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                    YIKES! That does not sound like Haaa-vad to me!

Given the dearth of answers I'm not sure if MN is just the lone example or if people don't care. It seems like even on the men's side there may not be many booster clubs. Maybe thats more just a football and basketball deal - a place businesspeople can drag clients & take off their taxes?
                    You are probably correct with being one of the few teams with a booster club. Now I am a part of RIT's Corner Crew which is essentially our Student Section that is made up of students and alumni that supports both teams. We actually have done fundraising for new stuff that we specifically needed for our new rink such as buying a new bell that we ring after we score a goal but I wouldn't consider us an official booster club.

Comment

Working...
                    X