Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50th GLI of 2014, Huskies, Wolverines, Spartans, and Bulldogs oh my!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 50th GLI of 2014, Huskies, Wolverines, Spartans, and Bulldogs oh my!

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Is Darren Eliot drunk on eggnog still? Where is this "Hawton" he keeps referring to when mentioning where the Huskies are from?

Him and Keating were quite... umm... interesting to listen to last night during the Red Wings intermissions.
    Most of the Red Wings analyst crew are wet brained.

Comment

Any word when the 2015 GLI will be held? Trying to piece it together, and I'm assuming with how the holidays fall, it will be an early/mid-week event.

Looking to make plans to watch my team play in the 51st annual event.

And F2B&G, dually noted. They just seemed a bit *extra* special last night. Especially Keating when trying to explain Franzen's nickname. My wife looked at me and went "Wait, was he politely trying to not call Franzen an ass?"
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        If we ever figure out how to hit the back of the net, this tournament is ours for the taking. I'm not exactly holding my breath.
        Hi.

We got shutout, and we were lucky to score that many. Jesus Christ in a Studebaker. We'll be lucky to score 10 goals in all of January.

We don't score 2 goals tomorrow.
        Last edited by Hammer; 12-28-2014, 10:37 PM.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Still not sure how Tech lost, and even less sure how the MSU-Ferris game had 60 shots.

Go Green tomorrow. Would be nice to put up the banner for the first time in five years.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Tech is pretty obviously the best team in this tournament, unfortunately UMi got lucky yesterday. UMi and MiSU can have fun in the evening game tonight, we'll send a postcard from Boston.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Here's a question I had last year that I can't remember the answer to: How do they decide the home team for the Michigan-MSU game?

Obviously Tech is the 1 seed, and the invite team is always the 4 seed. I always figured there was some 1/3 vs 2/4 seeding for the semifinals or something like that, but I just looked it up and State was the home team in 2011, 2012, 2013, and judging by Twitter MSU will be the home team once again tonight. The last time UM was the home team was 2010. Is it a coin flip? Some weird goals scored/goal differential tiebreak from the semifinal game?
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                Here's a question I had last year that I can't remember the answer to: How do they decide the home team for the Michigan-MSU game?

Obviously Tech is the 1 seed, and the invite team is always the 4 seed. I always figured there was some 1/3 vs 2/4 seeding for the semifinals or something like that, but I just looked it up and State was the home team in 2011, 2012, 2013, and judging by Twitter MSU will be the home team once again tonight. The last time UM was the home team was 2010. Is it a coin flip? Some weird goals scored/goal differential tiebreak from the semifinal game?
                I think it's fixed. Why are you always the home team? Well, maybe it goes to th underdog? That could explain why Tech has always hosted the thing....
                Originally posted by alfablue
                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Still not sure how Tech lost, and even less sure how the MSU-Ferris game had 60 shots.

Go Green tomorrow. Would be nice to put up the banner for the first time in five years.
                  Tech lost because they are Tech. Granted, they have made remarkable progress in the last couple of years. That being said they are still Tech.

I wasn't that confident that we would win last night with a majority of our scoring, which was inconsistant anyway, gone for World Juniors but s normal for Michigan some other guys sttepped up. That in combination with the entire team playing for each other led to the victory. Can we duplicate that tonight? I'm unsure as this is a rivalry game, emotions will need to be kept in check, we'll see.
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Any word when the 2015 GLI will be held? Trying to piece it together, and I'm assuming with how the holidays fall, it will be an early/mid-week event.

Looking to make plans to watch my team play in the 51st annual event.
                    That may make it worth the trip.

Comment

If Michigan puts together enough wins to salvage their season and get back in contention for the tournament, could Tech having a winning record (swept MI earlier) against a team that beat one of the nation's best in the GLI help them in the PWR? Tech might have helped their own cause by losing yesterday, tourney-wise.
                      Although with Berenson snd co floundering the way the have for the last several years and being badly outplayed even in their few wins, it seems unlikely that Michigan will find a way to win more than 4 or 5 the rest of the way. You can't get lucky every night.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        If Michigan puts together enough wins to salvage their season and get back in contention for the tournament, could Tech having a winning record (swept MI earlier) against a team that beat one of the nation's best in the GLI help them in the PWR? Tech might have helped their own cause by losing yesterday, tourney-wise.
                        Although with Berenson snd co floundering the way the have for the last several years and being badly outplayed even in their few wins, it seems unlikely that Michigan will find a way to win more than 4 or 5 the rest of the way. You can't get lucky every night.
                        Instead of trolling, maybe you should worry about your own program...? Considering that it hasn't sniffed the NCAA's in how many decades?

Comment

I think michigan is a class organization and a class group of guys. I don't think they are doing all that badly, and I do think they will be very tough from here on. I'm not sure how good Racine is though and I think goaltending is a question mark.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                            Instead of trolling, maybe you should worry about your own program...? Considering that it hasn't sniffed the NCAA's in how many decades?
                            I know, I know... I was just seeing if I could get "UMICH" to go (further) off the rails. He's always so cheerful and uplifting.
                            Good luck the rest of the way to the 2014 GLI Champs.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Thought we might see Blacklock, instead

In
                              Vallis
                              L'Esperance
                              Baltus
                              Hyland

Out
                              Heinonen
                              Sturos
                              Gillies
                              Roy

Pietila played on the Wing, could this continue to get E. Anderson and Blacklock in the lineup.

Comment

Hey geezer,

I'm up for playing in the USCHO Fantasy Baseball league. I never knew it existed before but I'll play.

Comment

Working...
                                X