Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50th GLI of 2014, Huskies, Wolverines, Spartans, and Bulldogs oh my!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 50th GLI of 2014, Huskies, Wolverines, Spartans, and Bulldogs oh my!

Time to get excited for the 50th of a holiday gem.

Ferris is starting to get it going this year, UM will be holding tryouts to have enough bodies with the world juniors, State will be looking to get to the title game, and Tech will be preparing to maintain their level of play on the big stage.

Should be a lot of fun.

Predictions anyone:

Comment

I've got to stagger through Christmas then I'm off to the races on GLI!
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
        For those that can't be there, the games will be on Fox Sports Detroit Plus
        http://www.foxsports.com/detroit/sto...y-on-tv-111314

And on Fox College Sports Atlantic
        http://www.foxsports.com/content/dam....14%20FCSA.pdf
        It looks like Fox Sports North is airing the Sunday games and the 3rd place game Monday too. Fox Sports North Plus will have the Championship game Monday.

Comment

I'll be pretty happy if we leave 1-1.
          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
          66 - 86 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
            Time to get excited for the 50th of a holiday gem.

Ferris is starting to get it going this year, UM will be holding tryouts to have enough bodies with the world juniors, State will be looking to get to the title game, and Tech will be preparing to maintain their level of play on the big stage.

Should be a lot of fun.

Predictions anyone:
            It's like this every year and it still hurts every year. Seemingly moreso this year as we wanted to exact revenge from the sweep from Tech, an opening season loss at Ferris, and beating sparty is something we just enjoy...
            Originally posted by alfablue
            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Any mention of special jerseys or anything of the like? I feel like the 50th anniversary would be ripe for throwbacks, but I've heard nothing on MSU's front.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                Any mention of special jerseys or anything of the like? I feel like the 50th anniversary would be ripe for throwbacks, but I've heard nothing on MSU's front.
                That would be slightly funny if they did because then they would have throwbacks in back to back to back years. I, of course, always approve of throwbacks.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  I think Tech would've announced a throwback jersey by now, especially given the 60s throwbacks they introduced last year, but hell, what do I know?

Seems we're rolling with the cream-colored 3rds from 2013.

Comment

Well, looks like I'm going after all. Got a text from a friend late last night offering free tickets and a ride so I'm not going to pass that up. Go Green (and Tech)!
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

The perfect outcome for today is Tech beating Michigan and Ferris losing to State in a shootout, which counts as a tie. That way, tomorrow Tech can beat State and Ferris can beat Michigan so the WCHA goes undefeated.
                      BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

http://www.techhockeyguide.com/2014/...h-vs-michigan/

Join the live chat for the Michigan Tech game vs. Michigan. Wolverine fans are supposedly welcome.
                        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

My nieces are here from Texas enjoying their first hockey game. One niece admired all the Wings banners and said, "I wish I could be a Redwings fan". I told her she can be.
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Is Darren Eliot drunk on eggnog still? Where is this "Hawton" he keeps referring to when mentioning where the Huskies are from?

Him and Keating were quite... umm... interesting to listen to last night during the Red Wings intermissions.
                            Last edited by aparch; 12-28-2014, 04:31 PM.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Michigan capitalized on their chances, Tech just could not get it past Racine.
                              Mel says a little too deliberate often this year, they did everything, but score.

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
                                The perfect outcome for today is Tech beating Michigan and Ferris losing to State in a shootout, which counts as a tie. That way, tomorrow Tech can beat State and Ferris can beat Michigan so the WCHA goes undefeated.
                                There goes that theory...
                                Originally posted by alfablue
                                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Working...
                                X