• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Harvard (12/30/14)

Discuss!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI @ Harvard (12/30/14)

Shocked you aren't including the Miami games in this thread.

Comment

This will be the second of four consecutive games RPI will play against teams ranked in the top six in the current USCHO poll.

After that, the game against # 15 Quinnipiac will seem like a breather.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Shocked you aren't including the Miami games in this thread.
        They are next year, and I will be a year older.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just hope Santa brings us a healthy team for Xmas. Nanne did not look good skating off and for us to play well in this league we need a healthy Nanne, Melanson, and Kasdorf all back full strength.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Just hope Santa brings us a healthy team for Xmas. Nanne did not look good skating off and for us to play well in this league we need a healthy Nanne, Melanson, and Kasdorf all back full strength.
            You're the doctor, but I have the feeling that we will never have a healthy Nanne.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              You're the doctor, but I have the feeling that we will never have a healthy Nanne.
              I do know some of his history but no nothing of his current injury. As mentioned before in earlier posts, shoulder injuries run the gamut from really nothing to career ending. Much depends on the sport and position. Obviously a pitching shoulder in baseball is different than a football player playing right guard or a soccer player at midfield. Earlier this year, Nanne looked injury free and held back nothing. Today on his first shift, he looked like nothing was ever wrong-for a short time. The first real hit, and it was solid, and he came off with the arm hanging and holding it up. Perhaps this is a complete recurrence of the original injury or perhaps it was just a real scare and no chances are being taken at all with him. I truly hope for the latter but fear the former. This is a team with potential with him healthy and paired with Melanson. The offensive difference without them is just obvious.

Comment

I do know some of his history but no nothing of his current injury. As mentioned before in earlier posts, shoulder injuries run the gamut from really nothing to career ending. Much depends on the sport and position. Obviously a pitching shoulder in baseball is different than a football player playing right guard or a soccer player at midfield. Earlier this year, Nanne looked injury free and held back nothing. Today on his first shift, he looked like nothing was ever wrong-for a short time. The first real hit, and it was solid, and he came off with the arm hanging and holding it up. Perhaps this is a complete recurrence of the original injury or perhaps it was just a real scare and no chances are being taken at all with him. I truly hope for the latter but fear the former. This is a team with potential with him healthy and paired with Melanson. The offensive difference without them is just obvious.
                I do fear the worst only because this is the second time the shoulder has 'failed' post-surgery for Nanne. Looking as optimistically as I can, if we do get some players back and the freshmen do improve and step up, the best we can now hope for is to win the ECACs (since an At Large bid would require us to practically run the table at this point anyway) and that would mean most likely a 16th seed. Then we would face the number one seed at their 'home' or as close to its ice and we know what has happened our last few visits to the NCAAs. Even with Nanne and Melanson, we need at least another scoring line. Right now we have none. Nor do we have a trip to the ECACs in recent memory. Doc, after these last 4 games, I need something stronger, the Maalox isn't working anymore. Can you prescribe?
                "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

In SA’s Postgame interview he feels very confident that Looooooou will be good for the Harvard game..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga9giqaTNX4
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                    I do fear the worst only because this is the second time the shoulder has 'failed' post-surgery for Nanne. Looking as optimistically as I can, if we do get some players back and the freshmen do improve and step up, the best we can now hope for is to win the ECACs (since an At Large bid would require us to practically run the table at this point anyway) and that would mean most likely a 16th seed. Then we would face the number one seed at their 'home' or as close to its ice and we know what has happened our last few visits to the NCAAs. Even with Nanne and Melanson, we need at least another scoring line. Right now we have none. Nor do we have a trip to the ECACs in recent memory. Doc, after these last 4 games, I need something stronger, the Maalox isn't working anymore. Can you prescribe?
                    After all the years, it is sometimes hard to keep the faith. But I still get great enjoyment out of watching RPI hockey. I must admit very frustrated at times as we continue to find new ways to miss an open goal, pass when we had the open shot, shoot when we had an open man with a better angle, fail to get pucks out of our own end and give up soft goals . I have to keep looking for the silver linings-I have most likely seen my only RPI NCAA Championship but I do not think we will not be capable of an ECAC title and a couple NCAA appearances at least in the near future(although i have said that before). It is also helpful to note that we have a bunch of great kids coming through this program all the time. We do not seem to bend the rules much when it comes to having student athletes(like some schools I can name). Our standards are still high. We may not get a BU loaded lineup with 7+ draft choices and freshmen with the potential of Jack Eichel. But we have some of the best fans in all of sports. In bad times, and trust me, for our family you do not get much worse times than this past year-it takes a bit of time to get back but coming back to following RPI hockey can be therapeutic.
                    Now as far as the Maalox not working-I have yet to find too many symptoms that do not respond to one of the following-Good Vodka, A Good Woman, and perhaps a couple of old time Quaaludes. 2 of these I keep with me at all times and wish i could turn back the clock about 30 years to get the other. The last couple of weeks on the ice have just been more than disappointing-but stick with it-I can promise you that when healthy, we are not an easy team to deal with. Nanne will get back, perhaps later rather than sooner-but he is a freshman and we have lots of time to watch him. Melanson will recover and still be as fast as anyone on the ice. And Kasdorf is probably already chomping on the bit to be out there directing and controlling the defensive tempo.
                    Happy Holidays and let's all just keep hoping for a happier New Year.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      In SA’s Postgame interview he feels very confident that Looooooou will be good for the Harvard game..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga9giqaTNX4
                      See------Ask and you shall receive! We get that line back together and this is an entirely different team.

Comment

See------Ask and you shall receive! We get that line back together and this is an entirely different team.
                        There are still 2 weeks for someone to get hurt in practice.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Agree with you on the boys that do come here Doc. I’ve never met a young man who’s donned the Cherry & White that wasn’t respectful & fun to be around. Just as important have been the Parent(s). Seeing Mr. & Mrs. Bailen during the Q/PU wknd. & it was as if Nicky was still playing. Same with when the Angers-Goulet family shows up. And it’ll be the same with Babo & so many more. Even talking with Haggs last night. Z was even here a couple of weeks ago at a game. Yeah, the losing sucks & it sticks in my craw but when you get the chance to get to know the boys & the ones who guided them along it is special.
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

After all the years, it is sometimes hard to keep the faith. But I still get great enjoyment out of watching RPI hockey. I must admit very frustrated at times as we continue to find new ways to miss an open goal, pass when we had the open shot, shoot when we had an open man with a better angle, fail to get pucks out of our own end and give up soft goals . I have to keep looking for the silver linings-I have most likely seen my only RPI NCAA Championship but I do not think we will not be capable of an ECAC title and a couple NCAA appearances at least in the near future(although i have said that before). It is also helpful to note that we have a bunch of great kids coming through this program all the time. We do not seem to bend the rules much when it comes to having student athletes(like some schools I can name). Our standards are still high. We may not get a BU loaded lineup with 7+ draft choices and freshmen with the potential of Jack Eichel. But we have some of the best fans in all of sports. In bad times, and trust me, for our family you do not get much worse times than this past year-it takes a bit of time to get back but coming back to following RPI hockey can be therapeutic.
                            Now as far as the Maalox not working-I have yet to find too many symptoms that do not respond to one of the following-Good Vodka, A Good Woman, and perhaps a couple of old time Quaaludes. 2 of these I keep with me at all times and wish i could turn back the clock about 30 years to get the other. The last couple of weeks on the ice have just been more than disappointing-but stick with it-I can promise you that when healthy, we are not an easy team to deal with. Nanne will get back, perhaps later rather than sooner-but he is a freshman and we have lots of time to watch him. Melanson will recover and still be as fast as anyone on the ice. And Kasdorf is probably already chomping on the bit to be out there directing and controlling the defensive tempo.
                            Good Woman doesn't always work. After the Friday Michigan game, even FlagDUDETTE couldn't make me feel better.

Comment

After all the years, it is sometimes hard to keep the faith. But I still get great enjoyment out of watching RPI hockey. I must admit very frustrated at times
                              I rarely find it encouraging when someone says to me, "well it could have been worse," yet I will give it a try here: "at least you are not a Cubs fan." The last time the Cubs won a World Series was 14 years before my father was born; he died at age 70 without having them win a World Series during his lifetime, and he died 22 years ago and they still have not won a World Series since.

It is also helpful to note that we have a bunch of great kids coming through this program all the time. We do not seem to bend the rules much when it comes to having student athletes(like some schools I can name). Our standards are still high.
                              There is a concept called "stakeholders" which is used to describe the array of different people who have various, sometimes competing, interests in a program. It may well be the case that the administration values this aspect of the program far more highly than the fans do, in which case we will continue to have ongoing frustrations: others play to win, no matter what; while we play to win but only if we win "the right way."

Back atcha, Doc!
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                              X