Middlebury - Plattsburgh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middlebury - Plattsburgh

Watching the Panthers - Cardinals live feed and keep hearing a loud, obnoxious voice from the stands (or is it a coach?!) If you're at the game, who is this idiot and what is he yelling?

Re: Middlebury - Plattsburgh

Originally posted by VtD3Fan View Post
    Watching the Panthers - Cardinals live feed and keep hearing a loud, obnoxious voice from the stands (or is it a coach?!) If you're at the game, who is this idiot and what is he yelling?
    Those loud, obnoxious voices you heard came from behind us and the Cardinal bench. Embarrassing for the real Cardinal fans and in no way representative of the majority of our fan base. These clowns have been in fights, kicked out of arenas, etc. , for quite some time now. They just don't get it. Trying to impress each other with their dumb chants and commentary. Undoubtedly they are wanna-be jock sniffers. My 8 year old daughter was scared by their bellowing and wanted to leave the game. Some real *******es. Most of the loyal Cardinal fans know about them and share these views. I would bar them from all of our games. Accept our apologies please.

Comment

Thanks for this. It amazes me that folks do this kind of thing, in kids' sports up through great rivalries like Midd-PSU, etc. I wish the Middlebury security folks had tossed them out, from the sound of it (literally).

Having said that, it was a great game to watch: I think Middlebury is better than its record, but still has work to do to show that it can play at the very top of D3 hockey. Goaltending has remained a weakness in the last few years, to be sure. With a star goalie (this new kid?) perhaps they can regain past form. In the meantime, always great to see these local rivals on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by VtD3Fan View Post
        Thanks for this. It amazes me that folks do this kind of thing, in kids' sports up through great rivalries like Midd-PSU, etc. I wish the Middlebury security folks had tossed them out, from the sound of it (literally).

Having said that, it was a great game to watch: I think Middlebury is better than its record, but still has work to do to show that it can play at the very top of D3 hockey. Goaltending has remained a weakness in the last few years, to be sure. With a star goalie (this new kid?) perhaps they can regain past form. In the meantime, always great to see these local rivals on the ice.
        Please tell me on what basis? I'd love to hear this one...
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001
          You guys are just classic lol...
          Shortened the quote for length, but +1 for defending yourself well!
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by Cards81
            I'll keep it short....YOU NEED HELP !!!!
            Thanks, you proved my point exactly!

But for Mr.VtD3fan,
            "You can't do that" after the penalty
            "Way to go princess" gave a cheap shot and got a penalty
            "It's all your fault" scored a pp goal
            "Put your hand down, no you may not go to the bathroom" for the reff
            "The puck has to go in first" offsides
            "Careful the ice is slippery" someone fell
            "Two minutes for hitting the midget" PK or Beads (6'2+) got tangled with a short Middlebury player and was a weak call.
            "Hit somebody" self explanatory
            "Use super glue" when the net kept coming off
            "Let's have fun" self explanatory
            "Play some music" pathetic
            "He came in like a wrecking ball" someone had to make some music
            "Acky Breaky Heart" see above
            "Happy Birthday" Midd gets their first goal late to make it 4-1
            "It just doesn't matter" see above

As I said, with only 600 people in that place, no music, and some loud voices combined with 550 crickets you're going to hear people being loud. When you can hear players talking on the other bench and on the far faceoffs what do you expect.

To say we don't "respect" other teams/fans is bogus. I had several conversations with other fans. Several of our own PSU Fans said the same and or worse then above, but you don't see me trying to be a laptop gangster like our little buddy. Did I come on here and bash the Middlebury "fans" for coming over into the Plattsburgh area and trying to start a fight? No.

You gents really need to get out more. Then again the world is a scary place so you might just want to stay bundled up in your room. You must have worn your Depends when you use to go to the old Duke and Romney.....
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

bleed on them, let'em know your there.......as long as there is not a crazy amount of 4/5 letter words,yell and scream,root for your team,I have heard some pretty funny clean saying at hockey games,great stuff,wish we had more,perhaps we should start a new thread clean hockey stuff,one of my favorites when a player or coach is complaining about a big hit is..." the women play after this game" or my favorite "wake up Murhpy or St Louis your missing a good game"....would have been nice to see what all the hub bub was all about,and yes the crowds back in the Romney days were anything but "handwarmering"...probably worse than anything that was being said/done on the ice

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                bleed on them, let'em know your there.......as long as there is not a crazy amount of 4/5 letter words,yell and scream,root for your team,I have heard some pretty funny clean saying at hockey games,great stuff,wish we had more,perhaps we should start a new thread clean hockey stuff,one of my favorites when a player or coach is complaining about a big hit is..." the women play after this game" or my favorite "wake up Murhpy or St Louis your missing a good game"....would have been nice to see what all the hub bub was all about,and yes the

crowds back in the Romney days were anything but "handwarmering"...probably worse than anything that was being said/done on the ice
                Pretty much seconds my thought as well. Evidently the ones doing the complaining are too young to have attended a game at The Duke. My first visit there was when the Cards played Midd in (IIRC) a 2 game NCAA quarter final series.

There was more foul language there than I eqver heard in my fraternity house days at Cornell along with more intoxicated students than could ever be imagined.

And then there was Romeny. Without equal as a hostile place for visiting teams and fans as well. And the foul language I heard there amazed even me!

So I guess it is fair to say that time changes everything.

GO CARDS
                Wally
                Cornell 67

Comment

Nothing wrong with spirited fans. I'm ready to hear cheer boys cheer any time now.

Comment

Working...
                  X