Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NMU @ Alaska: You Have Turkey Up Here, Right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU @ Alaska: You Have Turkey Up Here, Right?

Cats are spending the week in the 49th after spitting down in Anchorage...

Alaska split with Lake State down in Michigan...

Does this mean the Cats have the travel advantage this week

In reality, NMU is coming up on their most difficult stretch in their schedule... The next 6 weeks will let us know if we can be considered contenders or if we're pretenders... No looking ahead this weekend however... I'm content with a split in Alaska... Just keep playing D like the Cats have been...

Thoughts?
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Does this mean the Cats have the travel advantage this week

I'd say yes. That trip to the Soo is brutal. 8 to 9 hours in the air, then 8+ hours on a bus.

I will be interested to see which Nanook team shows up to play this weekend.

Is NMU staying in Anchorage or Fairbanks this week? Or are they doing what we do on our two week roadie and find someplace halfway, which in your case would be the igloo outside Cantwell.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Re: NMU @ Alaska: You Have Turkey Up Here, Right?

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      I'd say yes. That trip to the Soo is brutal. 8 to 9 hours in the air, then 8+ hours on a bus.

I will be interested to see which Nanook team shows up to play this weekend.

Is NMU staying in Anchorage or Fairbanks this week? Or are they doing what we do on our two week roadie and find someplace halfway, which in your case would be the igloo outside Cantwell.
      We are staying in Anchorage and busing to Fairbanks after practicing Wednesday morning in Anchorage. There really is nowhere to stay halfway that you can find a decent room, eats and activity.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        We are staying in Anchorage and busing to Fairbanks after practicing Wednesday morning in Anchorage. There really is nowhere to stay halfway that you can find a decent room, eats and activity.
        Pfft. Talkeenta! Between the brewery and road house we drank, er spent, a whole day there...

Although this may not be the best idea for a hockey team...
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
          Pfft. Talkeenta! Between the brewery and road house we drank, er spent, a whole day there...

Although this may not be the best idea for a hockey team...
          It doesn't seem to be on the itinerary
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

There are two solid beer stops on that drive, the other being 49th State Brewing in Healy. And who can forget the world famous Skinny Dicks Halfway Inn.

I think you need a better travel consultant.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Dave, thanks for the interview with Walt tonight on the Coaches Roundtable. Being a two week trip to Alaska, was the team allowed to bring more players than normally allowed on a road trip?

Comment

UA_IceAngel where are you?
                Haven't seen you on a thread forever.

Comment

Wild Salmon pasties? I'd make a day trip if you can. If it's clear the view of Denali is great.
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                    Dave, thanks for the interview with Walt tonight on the Coaches Roundtable. Being a two week trip to Alaska, was the team allowed to bring more players than normally allowed on a road trip?
                    No. 22 players are what is allowed.

Comment

There are two solid beer stops on that drive, the other being 49th State Brewing in Healy. And who can forget the world famous Skinny Dicks Halfway Inn.

I think you need a better travel consultant.
                      Something about traveling with the teams cutails certain activities!

Comment

Where do the 8+ hours on a bus come from? If it took more than 8 hours by bus to get from the Soo to Metro Airport, you either had really bad weather or a REALLY slow bus driver.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Detr...46.4952996!3e0

I'm left to assume they flew into O'Hare instead. That's self-inflicted pain if it's the case.
                        Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 11-25-2014, 08:13 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          Where do the 8+ hours on a bus come from? If it took more than 8 hours by bus to get from the Soo to Metro Airport, you either had really bad weather or a REALLY slow bus driver.

I'm left to assume they flew into O'Hare instead. That's self-inflicted pain if it's the case.
                          6 1/2 or so with a meal stop included. Sill makes for a long trip. Even worse than some of those grueling 47 minute flights State used to make to the UP.

Comment

6 1/2 or so with a meal stop included. Sill makes for a long trip. Even worse than some of those grueling 47 minute flights State used to make to the UP.
                            Ha ha - some of us used to (and still do) make the drive instead.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

Eh, close enough. Point being, 355 miles on a bus after about 3,000 miles in thr air is still a haul.

Comment

Working...
                              X