Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Arizona State Moving To D1

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
    RIT put up their new arena in about a year. I imagine ASU will look to build something a bit bigger, but the timeline seems doable.
    Without even looking into it I can tell you that there is no way RIT went from conception-to-approval-to-funding-to-getting-it-built in a single year.

The University of Nebraska just broke ground on the Breslow Ice Center in Lincoln in mid-December and it isn't scheduled for completion until next January and RIT's building dwarfs the Breslow Center.

edit: construction, alone, of RIT's new arena commenced on 10-19-12 and finished on 9-18-14, 23 months, almost to the day.
    Last edited by Red Cows; 04-02-2015, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
      Without even looking into it I can tell you that there is no way RIT went from conception-to-approval-to-funding-to-getting-it-built in a single year.

The University of Nebraska just broke ground on the Breslow Ice Center in Lincoln in mid-December and it isn't scheduled for completion until next January and RIT's building dwarfs the Breslow Center.

edit: construction, alone, of RIT's new arena commenced on 10-19-12 and finished on 9-18-14, 23 months, almost to the day.
      Yep, I was talking about construction. RIT also spent a lot of time on fundraising, which may have delayed "shovels in the ground." I guess I'm under the assumption that the day ASU said they were going D1 they were having plans drawn up as well.
      RIT Tigers

Comment

Any idea what your schedule is going to look like for next season ?

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
          The Schedules thread has some entries, but no dates yet.

Comment

Whose schedule are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
              Which are spring through fall anyway.
              Should have added a smiley
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Picked up another recruit for the upcoming season. G David Jacobson from the BCHL Chilliwack Chiefs.

Comment

Originally posted by SunDevilBob View Post
                  Picked up another recruit for the upcoming season. G David Jacobson from the BCHL Chilliwack Chiefs.
                  Prediction. The best player on your team next season is going to be Jake Montgomery, a UNO defector, that was considered one of the actual "gets" of this year's UNO recruiting class, which was easily the greatest in school history, who, because it was "that" good, could barely get on this ice this year, and, he bailed.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                    Prediction. The best player on your team next season is going to be Jake Montgomery, a UNO defector, that was considered one of the actual "gets" of this year's UNO recruiting class, which was easily the greatest in school history, who, because it was "that" good, could barely get on this ice this year, and, he bailed.
                    I don't think he is allowed to play this upcoming season do to transfer rules but he very well might be the best player in the 2016 season. Unless Daccord is amazing from day 1 when (if) he gets on campus.

Comment

I don't think he is allowed to play this upcoming season do to transfer rules but he very well might be the best player in the 2016 season. Unless Daccord is amazing from day 1 when (if) he gets on campus.
                      I stand corrected. You are correct. He is sitting a season.

Comment

Apparently lots of information (schedule, roster, and such) will be released on or around the 13th in a "hockey launch day"

Comment

Apparently lots of information (schedule, roster, and such) will be released on or around the 13th in a "hockey launch day"
                          I can tell you that you are coming here to play us in our new building on December 19th & 20th later this year. This is a Saturday/Sunday series.

Comment

• Originally posted by SunDevilBob View Post
                            I'm not sure, daccord might be just a fancy version of okay.

Comment

Pretty sad that the team that isn't even D-I yet will release before the other D-I teams.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Pretty sad that the team that isn't even D-I yet will release before the other D-I teams.
                                I think not playing a full DI schedule is probably the reason Arizona State's schedule will probably come out sooner than other schools.
                                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X