Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arizona State Moving To D1

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

And this is hockey talk, road trips are pertinent to the discussions.
    And also if they will have a selection of Nachos in the arena. *****es love nachos.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      Forbes is definitely where I would do my research on college hockey programs.
      I'm glad we agree.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        I never once claimed to attend SCSU because of the academics. I went there because I fell asleep while taking the ACTs and still I was accepted.
        Sounds like UAA then.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

I predict one other PAC 12 team will add hockey and with ASU will join the NCHC.

A few years later, four more PAC 12 teams will add hockey and the two PAC 12 teams will leave the NCHC to form the PAC 12 hockey conference. The haves of the NCHC will throw a hissy fit and leave the NCHC have-nots to form a super super super hockey conference they brand as the Intergalactic Collegiate Hockey Conference.

When the new ICHC can't get Duke to add hockey and join the ICHC, they invite previously uninvited St. Cloud State who had released a statement saying they wanted nothing to do with the ICHC. SCSU accepts the invitation instantaneously saying, "You had us at 'Hello.'"

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
            I think ASU feels like other PAC12 members are going to make the jump in order to create a new hockey conference.
            USC had a pretty good team in the 30s and 40s, UCLA had one for a while, and Cal was playing as late as 1949.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by John Biasi View Post
              I predict one other PAC 12 team will add hockey and with ASU will join the NCHC.

A few years later, four more PAC 12 teams will add hockey and the two PAC 12 teams will leave the NCHC to form the PAC 12 hockey conference. The haves of the NCHC will throw a hissy fit and leave the NCHC have-nots to form a super super super hockey conference they brand as the Intergalactic Collegiate Hockey Conference.

When the new ICHC can't get Duke to add hockey and join the ICHC, they invite previously uninvited St. Cloud State who had released a statement saying they wanted nothing to do with the ICHC. SCSU accepts the invitation instantaneously saying, "You had us at 'Hello.'"
              Ahh, the bitterness that is a Tech fan. Even being #1 in the country and benefiting greatly from realignment can't make it go away.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                You only need 6 teams, could start off with:

Denver
                CC
                Arizona State
                Air force
                Alaska Anchorage
                Alaska Fairbanks

Then go from there...
                Absolutely zero chance Air Force leaves Atlantic Hockey. Too easy of a schedule, guaranteed games against Army, and the potential for Navy to join as well.
                RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                  They told me that the team gets more attendence than many NCAA D1 programs......any excuse to sit in an air conditioned building I guess...
                  Well that's quite the stretch. Oceanside seats 500 people and the few games I went to two years ago were far from sell outs.
                  RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                    They aren't a natural fit for the WCHA or NCHC, which are the most logical geographic choices.
                    Hey, they could always pull a Notre Dame and join Hockey East!

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                      Hey, they could always pull a Notre Dame and join Hockey East!
                      We're having enough troubles with the other 11 teams there now, thank you very much. We don't need another Arizona State embarrassing us.

Comment

All this speculation here about all these "other" schools potentially adding D-1 hockey just make me shake my head.

There are two huge albatrosses over the head of any school contemplating this.

Title IX, and, a place to play, which also includes a place to practice as well. If you build, or, are using a public multipurpose facility to play in, you might not be able to practice in your own building, unless it has two ice sheets.

Endowing men's hockey scholarships, one for one with women at your school means if you are adding men's hockey, you are adding new women's sports as well to keep things equal. Plus, you are going to have to build a dual rink facility to play in if one is not already available to you and you are going to have to build facilities for whatever women's' sports you have to add because you added men's hockey.

I note with interest that ASU officials have said today that they have already identified women's sports additions there that they are looking at adding, because, they are going to have to do it to add men's hockey.

Just how many schools have the money or resources to do this? It can't be easy and there can't be many or we'd have more than the 59 (soon to be 60, I guess) schools we now having playing men's D-1 hockey.

Comment

Ive been hearing this for years. Then Penn State and ASU happended. And UAH is somehow still a thing.
                          I HATE RED!

I always seem to choose my hand over extremely hot women.
                          -BuckyforPrez (2/28/2005)

Comment

Don't forget, the BTHC will never happen! Idiots!
                            I HATE RED!

I always seem to choose my hand over extremely hot women.
                            -BuckyforPrez (2/28/2005)

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              Ahh, the bitterness that is a Tech fan. Even being #1 in the country and benefiting greatly from realignment can't make it go away.
                              I am neither a Michigan Tech alumnus nor a fan. Sorry a little tongue-in-cheek post was lost to your presumptuous airs.

Comment

Funny how that never goes away.
                                The NCHC would be glad to welcome another "like minded " institution into it's illustrious company.
                                Agreed.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X