Arizona State Moving To D1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    whats the difference? he played competitive hockey while in college?
    Playing IM you don't lose eligibility like Club.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1collegehockeyfan View Post
      Talking about Club hockey, not IM hockey.
      We had a league. We had a schedule. We had practice. We had stats too! I even had a hat trick playing college hockey!
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Playing IM you don't lose eligibility like Club.
        So if I enroll at Pink Pony State College, can I play four years of intramural a, change my major three time and still be eligible to play four years on the varsity?
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          So if I enroll at Pink Pony State College, can I play four years of intramural a, change my major three time and still be eligible to play four years on the varsity?
          You changed your major three times?

Comment

You changed your major three times?
            While playing college hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bertogliat View Post
              I don't care how the NCAA views the eligibility you just aren't a college athlete just by being a club team member. If you have to clarify, it doesn't count.
              Tell that to the Club team member.

Comment

• Re: Arizona State Moving To D1

and I'm done with this thread, enjoy guys
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Tell that to the Club team member.
                  The club guy that tells someone he plays "college hockey," is most often some derp trying to wheel some girl who has no concept of hockeydb.

Comment

• Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                    The club guy that tells someone he plays "college hockey," is most often some derp trying to wheel some girl who has no concept of hockeydb.
                    Are you calling the ASU club hockey derp. The same ASU club team that will be playing LSSU next season and some other club teams to fill the schedule next season. Say Hi to Coach Powers next season as he visits your home rink. I hope you see some former ASU club players playing against your LSSU team. I don't think the ASU team will appreciate you calling them stupid.
                    Last edited by #1collegehockeyfan; 02-19-2015, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Are you calling the ASU club hockey derps. The same ASU club team that will be playing LSSU next season and some other club teams to fill the schedule next season. Say Hi to Coach Powers next season as he visits your home rink. I hope you see some former ASU club players playing against your LSSU team. I don't think the ASU team will appreciate you calling them stupid.
                      At that point they will be a varsity team, no longer a club team.

Comment

Originally posted by #1collegehockeyfan View Post
                        Are you calling the ASU club hockey derp. The same ASU club team that will be playing LSSU next season and some other club teams to fill the schedule next season. Say Hi to Coach Powers next season as he visits your home rink. I hope you see some former ASU club players playing against your LSSU team. I don't think the ASU team will appreciate you calling them stupid.
                        I HIGHLY DOUBT it will entirely be the club team next year. ASU is already getting NCAA quality commitments. If the team still has 25% of it's starting lines left over from the club team I'd be surprised.
                        RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          At that point they will be a varsity team, no longer a club team.
                          But some of the players will be carry overs and they WILL still have Club teams on the schedule. The starting goalies dad donated the big check.
                          Last edited by #1collegehockeyfan; 02-19-2015, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                            I HIGHLY DOUBT it will entirely be the club team next year. ASU is already getting NCAA quality commitments. If the team still has 25% of it's starting lines left over from the club team I'd be surprised.
                            The starting goalie on the ASU club team dad donated the money to turn D1.

Comment

Originally posted by #1collegehockeyfan View Post
                              The starting goalie on the ASU club team dad donated the money to turn D1.
                              While he most likely did donate some of the money Don Levin wasn't the primary donor, Don Mullett, father of a former ASU player, was. Robert Levin has been the one of the stars of the club team for that past two years and is one of the few who's spot on the NCAA team is basically guaranteed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SunDevilBob View Post
                                While he most likely did donate some of the money Don Levin wasn't the primary donor, Don Mullett, father of a former ASU player, was. Robert Levin has been the one of the stars of the club team for that past two years and is one of the few who's spot on the NCAA team is basically guaranteed.
                                I know PSU had several players carried over from club to D1. The head coach was even hired to coach the club team for one year prior to taking the D1 schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X