Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Arizona State Moving To D1

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
    Please describe what it is you think Notre Dame was two years ago. I'm dumbfounded.

r

Popcorn: check
    Bourbon: check
    Bartender, Tequila Por Favor!!

Mmm.... popcorn.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by #1collegehockeyfan View Post
      The NCHC two years ago was waiting for Notre Dames decision on what league they were going to choose. Had Notre Dame taken the NCHC, St Cloud or WMU would have ended up in the WCHA. The same can be true what league ASU chooses may have impact on what teams may switch leagues.
      Notre Dame only affect St. Cloud. I don't see any teams switching leagues because ASU started hockey. I don't think any team loses sleep on which conference they choose to play in.
      "My greatest achievement."
      Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

If 600 kids inquiring Coach Powers is going surprise D1 hockey teams next season. I believe ASU decision is going to effect all of college hockey for many years to come. ASU is what Notre Dame was two years ago. ASU is going to determine what league teams are going to play or determine if some teams may fold.
        Currently, ASU is going to have about as much impact on college hockey as does AIC. 5 years down the road if ASU has a competitive team, a new facility, a new staff and somehow elite players, they may help change the landscape of D1 hockey. Until then they are going to be lucky to have anyone take them seriously and will probably continue to be independent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
          Currently, ASU is going to have about as much impact on college hockey as does AIC. 5 years down the road if ASU has a competitive team, a new facility, a new staff and somehow elite players, they may help change the landscape of D1 hockey. Until then they are going to be lucky to have anyone take them seriously and will probably continue to be independent.
          Look at Penn State two years later. It was not to long ago PSU was playing Club teams.

Comment

Originally posted by #1collegehockeyfan
            They do if they play in the NCHC. They cared. They left.
            What?

Comment

• Originally posted by darker98 View Post
              What?
              He hasn't made sense yet. Just nod your head and move on.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                Meet you at the bar, Monster.

GFM
                See you at the bar.
                Last edited by #1collegehockeyfan; 01-30-2015, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                  Bartender, Tequila Por Favor!!

Mmm.... popcorn.
                  See you at the bar.
                  Last edited by #1collegehockeyfan; 01-30-2015, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• I was at last night's game against Arizona and to say oceanside is small is understatement but there were a lot of passionate fans that filled the joint. Let's be honest, there aren't going to be a ton of teams that will be playing in Arizona the first year anyways. Won't most of the home games be against the club hockey teams they play against now?

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                      Another commit
                      Zuccarini hails from Connecticut and was someone I was hoping Quinnipiac would be in on.
                      ASU recruit Charlie Zuccarini has been suspended by the BCHL for the remainder of the 2014-15 BCHL season and playoffs for receiving a Match Penalty for Abuse of Official. Zuccarini is currently ranked 7th in scoring with 57 points (27-30-57) in 45 games played.

At 16:49 of the third period in the game against Coquitlam Express on the weekend Charlie was issued a match penalty for slashing the wrist of the referee Kirk Wood.
                      http://www.trailsmokeeaters.com/leag...leagueID=15094

Video:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbPmJVIu1qE
                      Last edited by boblav1; 01-31-2015, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
                        I was at last night's game against Arizona and to say oceanside is small is understatement but there were a lot of passionate fans that filled the joint. Let's be honest, there aren't going to be a ton of teams that will be playing in Arizona the first year anyways. Won't most of the home games be against the club hockey teams they play against now?
                        Yeah most home games will probably be against club teams. I think there is a rumor in this thread that Michigan will play there, however. ASU said they may play bigger games where the Coyotes play. ASU also has said that they will be playoff eligible, which means 20 D1 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
                          Won't most of the home games be against the club hockey teams they play against now?
                          UM and UW are going to Phoenix.

Comment

Word is that they are having discussions with a lot of teams, both to go to them and vice versa. None of that is particularly newsworthy though.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

The NCHC two years ago was waiting for Notre Dames decision on what league they were going to choose. Had Notre Dame taken the NCHC, St Cloud or WMU would have ended up in the WCHA. The same can be true what league ASU chooses may have impact on what teams may switch leagues.
                              Notre Dame didn't want the CCHA to fold and once they knew they were, Notre Dame was waiting for a TV contract to tell them which way to go and NBCsports gave them one. The NCHC would have loved to have 9 teams and not 8 and the trouble is going to be if they try to take another team out of the WCHA to play in the NCHC which would hurt the WCHA .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                                Notre Dame didn't want the CCHA to fold and once they knew they were, Notre Dame was waiting for a TV contract to tell them which way to go and NBCsports gave them one. The NCHC would have loved to have 9 teams and not 8 and the trouble is going to be if they try to take another team out of the WCHA to play in the NCHC which would hurt the WCHA .
                                From what I recollect the NCHC would have been at 8 if Notre Dame chose not to go out east.

Comment

Working...
                                X