Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Arizona State Moving To D1

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    I guess they could try, and it would make a nice story, but being realistic, Matthews has the potential to be the number one overall pick in the NHL Draft. There's no way any advisor would let him go play half a club hockey schedule next year or go play for a coach that has never had a full-time job in hockey.
    Good points.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Does anyone expect ASU to go after and more importantly sign Auston Matthews, an unsigned member of the USNTDP who is from Arizona?
      Pretty tight hockey community in AZ. Would not be surprised to see him one year and on to the dub.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        They'll pretty much have to fly everywhere anyway. The "short" bus rides to Denver & CC will top 14 hours.
        ASU will have no bus rides. All flights. Only bus rides for DU and CC are to each other or AFA. Rarely DU has bused to UNO. Mostly they fly to UNO.

I don't see Auston Matthews ever putting on a college sweater. I see him going to CHL. He has said it is 50/50 NCAA/CHL. Even though he is high on 5 school's lists, if he is truly the #1 pick he could play for Mars or Saturn.
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

ASU may have some conference mates joining them.

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Stanford I get. Oregon maybe.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Can't wait to see Oregon come out with the flying V formation.

Comment

Terrbul
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I think the extent of Oregon "looking" is Phil Knight looking at whether Nike thinks there's money to be made in hockey. After the analysts tell him their isn't, the looking will cease.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I don't see Oregon unless it's a fit of jealousy because Oregon State or Washington did it.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                      I think the extent of Oregon "looking" is Phil Knight looking at whether Nike thinks there's money to be made in hockey. After the analysts tell him their isn't, the looking will cease.
                      Complely agree
                      Code:

Comment

Isn't Nike a big sponsor of international hockey? (the IIHF/IOC?) I thought I read that they're wanting to push the Bauer brand (realizing how much of a disaster the Nike branding was for hockey) back into the spotlight to compete against Adidas / Reebok's The Hockey Company brand (CCM/Koho). *

The NHL jersey contract expires after the 2016-17, so Nike could make a big push in the jersey market by using Oregon to promote their jerseys as "not as terrible as the 'Swift' jersey debacle."

Also, Reebok has already changed their branding of the AHL Reebok Edge jerseys to CCM, and they are slowly switching the CHL teams over to CCM branding on all the Reebok Edge jerseys.

*Jesus H Christ on a cracker is there a monopoly on big athletic companies.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Nike has some of the worst hockey sweaters on earth.
                          Code:

Comment

I think overall it's good for college hockey to expand, but.... if we add teams to the total faster than we add players to the pool, it will not be good for anyone, especially if the monetary changes happening in football extend to hockey.
                            If they are going to bring in 4 or 5 new pac ten teams with unlimited funds, there has to be a larger pool of players, especially from the west coast, that can fill the rosters up. As it is, many teams from the east are recruiting in B.C. I would expect the ability to get top recruits out of there to get much harder for everyone 15 years from now.
                            I think the guys at college hockey inc better be very careful as to how this happens if they want to preserve the character of things long term.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                              Really Genius? Go to Heisenbergs recruiting site ( probably never heard of it, just google it). Look over the entire list and then give me your examples of brilliant recruiting. Good luck, all of these players could end up any where and will have exactly the same impact. Recruiting prowess............I'd throw darts.
                              Well rb, not the most intelligent post I've ever seen. A lot of people think you are barking up the wrong tree. Maybe you ought to re think. And if I was ASU, i'd try to win a few games against some non D1 teams first, like maybe get an exhibition against St. Norbert, or Adrian. That might get you a better feel as to what it is like in D1. Finding home, D1, independent games, might be harder than you think, even if it is warm. Ask Huntsville.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

My choice for ASU would be the NCHC

Personally, I don't see 5 other Pac 12 schools jumping on the Division I Hockey bandwagon. And certainly not with the unexpected speed that ASU did. And no "Big 10" school seem anxious to jump into Div. I hockey

What if the B1g, wanting to expand its 6 team hockey conference(too many open dates) went after Pac 12 schools as associate members similar to Johns Hopkins in lacrosse.
                                • Power 5 Conference
                                • Most of PAC 12 AAU members-(ASU, Utah, OSU and WSU are not )
                                • Expand footprint$ of both conferences

Heresy? Maybe not.
                                Last edited by vizoroo; 11-22-2014, 04:33 PM.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X