Arizona State Moving To D1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    It must take some skill cause there are dozens of crappy teams with players on the 3rd and 4th line not producing.
    Dozens and dozens. Really? 2nd 3rd and 4th lines of every D1 team are totally interchangeable. Takes a ton of recruiting genius

Comment

• Re: Arizona State Moving To D1

2nd 3rd and 4th lines of every D1 team are totally interchangeable
      If Wisconsin is your team, then yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
        Dozens and dozens. Really? 2nd 3rd and 4th lines of every D1 team are totally interchangeable. Takes a ton of recruiting genius
        Holy ****ing ****. This may be the dumbest hockey post I have ever read on this site.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Holy ****ing ****. This may be the dumbest hockey post I have ever read on this site.
          Really Genius? Go to Heisenbergs recruiting site ( probably never heard of it, just google it). Look over the entire list and then give me your examples of brilliant recruiting. Good luck, all of these players could end up any where and will have exactly the same impact. Recruiting prowess............I'd throw darts.

Comment

Spoken like someone who's watched but never played hockey. Hockey is one of those true team sports that demonstrates the impact every player has on the whole. I'd argue that a team's low end is a far more significant determinant of wins than the team's high end. When a team makes big strides, it's rarely because the blue chip players stepped it up. It's because lunch bucket lines got better and the team chemistry improved. A coach can bring in several NHL draft picks and still get beat consistently by a well disciplined team of blue collar players. Witness any Ferris team of the past several years as opposed to the current batch of B1G teams.
            Last edited by UpNorthHockey; 11-20-2014, 04:14 PM.

Comment

give me your examples of brilliant recruiting.
              I could give hundreds, and so could everybody else on this board. wow, that's easy.
              but one example will do the job:

Ryan Carpenter, Sioux City Musketeers -> BGSU Falcons -> Worcester Sharks
              every coach in college hockey knew that Carp was a special player, didn't take an hockey genius to figure that out. not only for his hockey skills, but his leadership and academics. He could have gone anywhere in college hockey.
              He picked BGSU, playing for second-year coach at a rebuilding program.
              getting him to commit to BGSU was recruiting genius.
              get it?
              Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 • SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Really Genius? Go to Heisenbergs recruiting site ( probably never heard of it, just google it). Look over the entire list and then give me your examples of brilliant recruiting. Good luck, all of these players could end up any where and will have exactly the same impact. Recruiting prowess............I'd throw darts.
                Let me guess, you never got that recruiting letter from AIC and are now bitter?

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                  I could give hundreds, and so could everybody else on this board. wow, that's easy.
                  but one example will do the job:

Ryan Carpenter, Sioux City Musketeers -> BGSU Falcons -> Worcester Sharks
                  every coach in college hockey knew that Carp was a special player, didn't take an hockey genius to figure that out. not only for his hockey skills, but his leadership and academics. He could have gone anywhere in college hockey.
                  He picked BGSU, playing for second-year coach at a rebuilding program.
                  getting him to commit to BGSU was recruiting genius.
                  get it?
                  Wow, awesome recruiting. They never smelled .500 in his entire tenure. Insert name here..................

Comment

Wow, awesome recruiting. They never smelled .500 in his entire tenure. Insert name here..................
                    wow, this is like trying to school a dyslexic 8-year-old.
                    last time I checked, 18-15-6 is over .500. that recruiting class helped turn a program around--from the chopping block to winning ways. credit to the coach for bringing in quality kids.
                    Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 • SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                      wow, this is like trying to school a dyslexic 8-year-old.
                      last time I checked, 18-15-6 is over .500. that recruiting class helped turn a program around--from the chopping block to winning ways. credit to the coach for bringing in quality kids.
                      57–88–20 .406 Unreal recruiting

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                        I don't --- Greg Powers is a very good coach and I think that he could handle the varsity program. JMHO

I hope so Bob -- sure has happened with PSU "fans".
                        Hmm... why the use of quotes here?

Comment

Holy ****. He just keeps talking.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Does anyone expect ASU to go after and more importantly sign Auston Matthews, an unsigned member of the USNTDP who is from Arizona?
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-21-2014, 04:49 PM. Reason: typos
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Does anyone except ASU to go after and more importantly sign Auston Matthews, and unsigned member of the USNTDP who is from Arizona?
                              I guess they could try, and it would make a nice story, but being realistic, Matthews has the potential to be the number one overall pick in the NHL Draft. There's no way any advisor would let him go play half a club hockey schedule next year or go play for a coach that has never had a full-time job in hockey.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                                Oh please, just say it isn't so... Unless ASU plans on picking up everyone's tab to come play them in AZ.

On the other hand if the WCHA member teams actually want ASU that should pretty much put to an end any thoughts of how broke the WCHA is...

If ASU wants to fly to every game, they might as well join Hockey East.

Ryan J
                                They'll pretty much have to fly everywhere anyway. The "short" bus rides to Denver & CC will top 14 hours.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X