Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State @ Tech - They Have to Lose One Eventually...Don't They?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State @ Tech - They Have to Lose One Eventually...Don't They?

It's kinda cool that the WCHA, the conference where Ryan Lambert thinks the "W" stands for "Weaker," has the top matchup in college hockey this weekend. Now I just hope the Mavericks can live up to their end of the bargain, and make this entertaining.

Re: Minnesota State @ Tech - They Have to Lose One Eventually...Don't They?

I think these will be interesting games. very interesting. each week our competition has gotten stronger and this week is no exception. our goalie has the hot hand right now, but your Gervais guy scares me.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      I think these will be interesting games. very interesting. each week our competition has gotten stronger and this week is no exception. our goalie has the hot hand right now, but your Gervais guy scares me.
      Gervais has been terrific, Blueger has made huge strides towards becoming the player we hoped he'd be, and Leitner still has the vision and the ability to pass as well as anyone in college hockey. That said, there's still the other half of the ice...I hope our D and our goaltending play their best series of the year, because I don't see us scoring a lot on Phillips.

Comment

I so much would like to be home for this, not to mention Tech hosting San Angelo state in football (hahahahahaha). Tanner Kero had a great weekend and he and Alex Petan finally are representing Tech in the top 50 scoring chart. But the unexpected strength of this team has been the D and goaltending (at least when I saw them, against Ferris and Michigan). Roy is +9, Hanna is +8, and Phillips looks like Neo. Think about how far these two teams have come in 5 years, it's incredible. Revenge of the doormats.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Mid November, two top 10 teams, and Tech at home looking to expand their undefeated record and lead over the preseason conference favorite. This has to be the biggest series for Tech in what? 25 years?
          Beat em' Beat em' MTU!!!
          Northern Sucks

Comment

I typically check out other WCHA games during intermissions of UAH games. This series calls for a second dedicated browser window.
            Michael Napier - UAH '97
            uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
            U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
            NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
            CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
            CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

As a Mavericks fan, I'm truly worried about this series. Hoping for a split, but preparing for worse. I think the Mavs offense has been great this year, but I still feel uneasy about the goaltending and defense.

Comment

This is a good series for Tech to split. It would be good for both teams.....gets the monkey off Tech's back and helps bring fellow WCHA weakling Kato up to where they belong in the standings. In order to beat Kato, Tech needs to maintain the insane performance on D and G while really cranking up the offense. Tech needs to stay out of the box, win faceoffs and get shots on goal. I think Kato is as tough offensively as Tech is defensively. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that overall, Kato has the top offense in the nation and Tech has the top defense. This will be a battle of epic proportions.

Comment

This is probably the week that Tech's perfect record is blemished. Mankato is as talented as we are.

Comment

I think Tech and Mankato will pick it up from right where they left it at the end of the regular season last year. The Mavericks are so skilled offensively, I hope the Huskies can get all 4 lines rolling. If both teams are sharp it will be quite a show. Ain't this fun?!

Comment

Maverick fans are good at sand bagging. we can play too.

our record in no way reflects the quality of the team. we've had weak opponents. lucky bounces. the refs like us.

actually we are just as scared of you as you are of us. we do have home ice... hope it helps!
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                        Maverick fans are good at sand bagging. we can play too.

our record in no way reflects the quality of the team. we've had weak opponents. lucky bounces. the refs like us.

actually we are just as scared of you as you are of us. we do have home ice... hope it helps!
                        UND fans say our opponents are weak, I think that's the ultimate authority right there.

Agree the big thing working in Tech's favor is that these games are in Houghton.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          UND fans say our opponents are weak, I think that's the ultimate authority right there.
                          Anybody can sweep Bemidji State.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by maizerage View Post
                            anybody can sweep bemidji state.

Duh

Comment

Game of the week in my weekly write up: http://q30television.com/2014/11/17/...y-poll-111714/
                              Quinnipiac University '15
                              ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                              ECAC Championship: 2016
                              NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                              NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                              Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X