BURR Fires Again! How Often Can You be Mortally Wounded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BURR Fires Again! How Often Can You be Mortally Wounded

What AMAZING consistency. Some coaches like to end a season with wins and carry over to the next season with a win. Not Haberbusch. He starts every season with a loss and ends it the same way. 4 in a row baby. You would think maybe he would make an effort and schedule an easy opponent for his opening...maybe recognize the trend. Now Hamilton has become the Amherst patsy. Appalling. I think we are just going to have to endure this as John Hind has no desire to change things. Face it... Hind tolerates 14 losing seasons in a row for Football.

I am forced to try and figure out what is wrong with Haberbusch. We know he is limited as a bench coach. Practices suck and have no game specific direction. But his decisions have always been morale destroying. I mean ok... he cant figure out that playing Amherst for the opener every year puts his team in a whole. What about having his home opener and not starting 1 senior (except for the goalie). What message does it send to team leadership? How about choosing a senior AC that you sit in the stands on home opener? How about the website overview opening sentence: Kenny Matheson '16, Robbie Murden '17 and five seniors lead the Hamilton College men's hockey program into 2014-15. The underline was added by me. A major DIS to leadership. And this isn't even correct as their top Dman is listed as a Jr. but is graduating this year.

It just must be Haberbusch's background. Look at the derivation of the name: Haber - to have. Bush - being of inferior class or group of its kind.

Re: BURR Fires Again! How Often Can You be Mortally Wounded

Originally posted by nasa69 View Post
    But his decisions have always been morale destroying. I mean ok... he can't figure out that playing Amherst for the opener every year puts his team in a hole.
    Don't coaches generally have little or no control over when they play conference opponents? And, being a NESCAC team, they are prohibited by conference rule from scheduling any non-conference opponents before this weekend. But let's not let any facts get in the way of a good rant...

P.S. I fixed your spelling
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
      Don't coaches generally have little or no control over when they play conference opponents? And, being a NESCAC team, they are prohibited by conference rule from scheduling any non-conference opponents before this weekend. But let's not let any facts get in the way of a good rant...

P.S. I fixed your spelling
      The NESCAC schedule is fixed by the league over a 4 year cycle. Teams can't start play until the Weekend of Nov. 15th and must open with the League schedule. Back in the days of the interlock, the same rules applied to ECAC East teams as well. Norwich opened against Conn College for years. The schedule is what the schedule is.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
        The NESCAC schedule is fixed by the league over a 4 year cycle. Teams can't start play until the Weekend of Nov. 15th and must open with the League schedule. Back in the days of the interlock, the same rules applied to ECAC East teams as well. Norwich opened against Conn College for years. The schedule is what the schedule is.
        And with 18 league games and 24 game limit, the opportunities for out of conference action are limited. AND with the expected cut in the schedule at the national leve, it will be worse.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
        X