Should the scores thread continue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I think you have to change it to Princeton now, don't you?
    No.......as I look at the schedule and my travel plans it's Clarksom & SLU that sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
      I still like to look in on the scores thread.i
      It offers a forum to debate or share opinions.
      The problem is that so many colorful posters have faded into obscurity and there just aren't very many provocative topics.
      Less colorful and fewer dust ups definitely. Good discussion still, but more often we wait for a newbie to say something stupid and then watch Remy take him down and make him cry. You know it's changed when the Utica thread has become the Chromecast Helpline.

Comment

Re: Should the scores thread continue?

I guess I still like all of the comments, good or bad regarding my teamand others. It is fun to hear from the newbies too and get some new perspectives. But I do miss the old days when Oswego could really get my feathers flustered. LOL. Was that Prez.? haha! Well, anyways,let's carry on.

Comment

There will be a scores thread, one way or another. It's just a matter of whether Joe wants to continue his great titles.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

One of my favourite game threads was a few years ago, when BengalMom took Remi to task for being a pain at a game he attended. The thread spiralled out of control but was entertaining nevertheless
            Last edited by NorthernLite; 11-17-2014, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
              I guess I still like all of the comments, good or bad regarding my teamand others. It is fun to hear from the newbies too and get some new perspectives. But I do miss the old days when Oswego could really get my feathers flustered. LOL. Was that Prez.? haha! Well, anyways,let's carry on.
              Oh we've had some good natured rivalry fun over the past few years....
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

One of my favourite game threads was a few years ago, when BengalMom took Remi to task for being a pain at a game he attended. The thread spiralled out of control but was entertaining nevertheless
                That was a classic!

(But you should have seen some of the old d3hockey email list threads involving Remy...)
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

No.......as I look at the schedule and my travel plans it's Clarksom & SLU that sucks.
                  Never bite the hand of a former employer. (t) on the other hand.....
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Never bite the hand of a former employer. (t) on the other hand.....
                    Ron's former employer ....not mine ........however the Tigers teeth aren't very sharp YET.

Comment

Ron's former employer ....not mine ........however the Tigers teeth aren't very sharp YET.
                      If the school gives him time and he can recruit into one of the toughest schools to get in to, they will. But don't recruit from the same talent pool you did at Adrian. It's a kiss of death.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

If the school gives him time and he can recruit into one of the toughest schools to get in to, they will. But don't recruit from the same talent pool you did at Adrian. It's a kiss of death.
                        Not sure what you mean by this ??

Comment

Not sure what you mean by this ??
                          You can't recruit D-III players to play D-I.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Think of the score threads as the good old dive bar you still like to go to. Sure there may be something bright and shiny nearby, but the old place still does the job. And you will be ticked when its gone.

And I agree, you can get some decent ideas about how other games progress from these threads.
                            MJBeckman
                            Oswego '93
                            Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
                            1991-1993
                            2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

Keep em. Often times, I'm working and I don't listen or Livestream the games because I'm so busy at work. This is a great way to keep up to date and have banter with the fans of the other teams. Plus, the thread titles are awesome.
                              Twitter: DanMountSports
                              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                That was a classic!

(But you should have seen some of the old d3hockey email list threads involving Remy...)
                                I have no idea what you are talking about. ....all i remember is that pain in the ***** purple and gold kid.....
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X