Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not A Creature was Stirring, Not Even A Laker Fan !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not A Creature was Stirring, Not Even A Laker Fan !

Very quiet board the last couple days !!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Re: Not A Creature was Stirring, Not Even A Laker Fan !

Here's one, er two.......Celebrating 50 years of Oswego Hockey this weekend and we played some Kangeroos last night.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
      Here's one, er two.......Celebrating 50 years of Oswego Hockey this weekend and we played some Kangeroos last night.
      Were there any Joey's among them ?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
        Very quiet board the last couple days !!
        22 posts on the Friday game thread. Very disconcerting.

Comment

Unfortunately (or furtunately) this board is dominated by
          Norwich
          Oswego
          Plattsburgh

Very little from the West and other Eastern schools.
          Hammer does Adrian
          hockeymom does a bit on SNC
          I do a little bit of this and a little bit of that

but we're not getting new blood, are we?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

As good a thread as any.

How about some opinions on this. I love Plattsburgh's road uni's but never get to see them as I'm unable to travel for the away games. Anybody know for sure how the tradition started, and why? Contrast for viewers makes the most sense to me for when all we had was black and white TV. I can also see where an opponents uni's are similar, that lack of contrast could be a problem, but I'd be in favor of a tradition change here.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/1...orms-uni-watch

Comment

Always loved the Cards road reds. Prior to 1995 or so the team used blue as an accent color and I thought it was a great look. This year's "Throwback" uni will look similar to that worn from about 1984-89. I also love the classic look used by Middlebury. Obviously, I dislike the green/gold and maroon/gold combinations !!

Comment

I absolutely hate our road jerseys. The crest/logo on the front is not a good look. Our womens' team actually has a really good road jersey. A simple black jersey, with ADRIAN across the front, the paw print underneath, and gold numbers. I'd prefer the guys go to that as well.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Allways liked the Lakers 3rd jersey; gold with cursive Oswego and the womens away with diagonal block letters. Waiting for a re-draw on our logo. Not a big fan

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
                    22 posts on the Friday game thread. Very disconcerting.
                    D3 has all the scores.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      I absolutely hate our road jerseys. The crest/logo on the front is not a good look. Our womens' team actually has a really good road jersey. A simple black jersey, with ADRIAN across the front, the paw print underneath, and gold numbers. I'd prefer the guys go to that as well.
                      I know I don't need to see your road jerseys; say in Minneapolis!

Comment

I heard George Como complaining about the Norwich "camo" sweaters. I think they are great. Makes a statement! Plus they put the names on the back of the sweaters in BIG BLOCK LETTERS. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Adirondack View Post
                          As good a thread as any.

How about some opinions on this. I love Plattsburgh's road uni's but never get to see them as I'm unable to travel for the away games. Anybody know for sure how the tradition started, and why? Contrast for viewers makes the most sense to me for when all we had was black and white TV. I can also see where an opponents uni's are similar, that lack of contrast could be a problem, but I'd be in favor of a tradition change here.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/1...orms-uni-watch
                          I love when both teams wear color jerseys, when appropriate of course. USC/UCLA always wear their home jerseys for their football game, and the powder blue on the field against the Trojan red looks awesome. But I remember back in 2004/2005 when Illinois made their Final Four run in basketball and they always wore orange at home, which was fine until they did so against Wisconsin (who was wearing red) and even the announcers had a difficult time following the action.

For a hockey reference, look at last year's Winter Classic: http://www.foxsports.com/content/dam....medium.11.jpg

EDIT: I now see the article references USC/UCLA. My bad.

EDIT: And the Winter Classic. Probably should've read it in its entirety before I posted.
                          Last edited by NU Pastime; 11-16-2014, 08:15 AM.
                          Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Unfortunately (or furtunately) this board is dominated by
                            Norwich
                            Oswego
                            Plattsburgh

Very little from the West and other Eastern schools.
                            Hammer does Adrian
                            hockeymom does a bit on SNC
                            I do a little bit of this and a little bit of that

but we're not getting new blood, are we?
                            You didn't mention Saints17? A curse will be brought down on your house...
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              The Potsdam women jerseys are better than the men's. Especially the ones they had for a few years when they resurrected the women's program, which were actually the men's throwback unis from their early days. Loved that shield on the chest those jerseys had.

As for this year, I really like the men's white jerseys which they wore at Geneseo and Brockport. Nice mix of white and grey, though the POTSDAM lettering on the chest is quite bland.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                              X