D3 Women's Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D3 Women's Poll

Is the East just a 4 trick pony?? When is the last time there were 6 Western teams ranked in the top 10?
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Re: D3 Women's Poll

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
    Is the East just a 4 trick pony?? When is the last time there were 6 Western teams ranked in the top 10?
    I don't think anyone in the East is underestimating the west, especially when you look at the Frozen Four semis. I think Platty won in overtime and Norwich gave up an early lead. I'll be interested in seeing how Conn does out in Minnesota and how Trinity does at St.Thomas. From top to bottom I think the NESCAC is the toughest conference in D-3. Platty, Norwich,Elmira vs Middlebury are always phenomenal games. NESCAC scores are always low and except for Hamilton those teams can beat anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
      The only poll that really matters is the one taken around March 25. The NESCAC begins play Saturday and it will not be long before conference contenders emerge and slide into the poll. Plattsburgh and Elmira in the ECAC-West and Norwich in the ECAC-East dominate their conferences. Are there any unranked teams from the east that deserve to be in the top 10? Ponies with tricks will show their stuff soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
        The only poll that really matters is the one taken around March 25. The NESCAC begins play Saturday and it will not be long before conference contenders emerge and slide into the poll. Plattsburgh and Elmira in the ECAC-West and Norwich in the ECAC-East dominate their conferences. Are there any unranked teams from the east that deserve to be in the top 10? Ponies with tricks will show their stuff soon enough.
        Teams like Oswego, Utica and Castleton will probably have a chance at popping up in the D-III poll at some point this year. Also, as has been discussed, anyone who looks like they can contend with Middlebury will have a shot at getting in there too. Bowdoin and Amherst would be the first picks most likely.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Teams like Oswego, Utica and Castleton will probably have a chance at popping up in the D-III poll at some point this year. Also, as has been discussed, anyone who looks like they can contend with Middlebury will have a shot at getting in there too. Bowdoin and Amherst would be the first picks most likely.
          Bpwdoin will not be as strong this year as in the past and I would suspect the same of Amherst. Williams should be up there. Wesleyan may be a surprise - the Williams-Wesleyan series this weekend should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
            The only poll that really matters is the one taken around March 25.
            I'll take Most Cliche Response for 100 Alex
            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Working...
            X