This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

UW fans show up in numbers at Magness. At least they wear red, not that bilious Sioux green

Remember the good old days
    • Former teammates Eaves and Gwozdecky as opposing coaches
    • Badgers besting the top seeded Pios at the Kohl in the Regionals
    • Wiercioch decommitting from UW when Eaves wanted him to playin the USHL--coming to Denver to replace David Carle, now an assistant coach for DU
    • Two or three year run Pios played like the Kohl was home ice--that was fun
    • Watching the UW band galvanize and energize the Badger faithful
    • And of course the infamous Randy Schnidt blowing the goal call that gave the Pioneers the game.--when even the DU faithful could see and state that it was wrong

Have to admit I miss the "old" WCHA and hope we can continue an OOC rivalry.
    But I must say,

Pios, Beat the Badgers!!!
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Don't forget that while he's a converted forward, Hurley spent the latter half of last season playing defense for Muskegon. So it's not entirely new to him.
      Yes... but obviously a half season at Muskegon is less experience then we'd hope for in addition to being his Badger debut. Sounds like his head is pretty good, but I don't think I've ever seen him play so I have no idea how his skates are?

Guess we'll find out tonight.

If anybody hasn't read yet, Chuck's preview is here.

Petey in net. Based on his only performance so far this year, can't complain about that.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Almost forgot the most compelling storyline of the year!

Tim 'Sniper' Davison once again lays his season long, perfect, 1.000 shooting percentage on the line again tonight. Can he continue to be "lights out" every single time he puts the puck on net?

Stay tuned!
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Which 4th liner will score a goal first this season? Paape, McGuire or Cavallini

I am hoping it is Paape and the 75 game goal less streak ends tonight.

Comment

Does anyone still click on the WCHA to find Wisconsin on this website to look at stats/roster/schedule for UW?

Comment

Wisko, when you say “lights out” are you referring to the Brett Cameron hit on Davison?

Comment

• Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                Which 4th liner will score a goal first this season? Paape, McGuire or Cavallini

No offense to Paape, but he may be one the most offensively challenged players to come through Wisconsin in a while. That's my opinion whenever I see him play.
                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by oldicecoach View Post
                  Wisko, when you say “lights out” are you referring to the Brett Cameron hit on Davison?

I don't want to speak for Tim, but I think it's fair to say that we're both hoping for an improvement in his 1.000 pct. goal to concussion ratio as well.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post

This is a great betting proposition, although I imagine 'None of the above' would get some good play as well.

I'd bet on Paape just to support him, but I don't think it's like flipping a coin where 10 heads in a row doesn't effect the next flip. Seems to me if a guy doesn't score in 75 games, odds are not at all good for him to score in the 76th. Let's hope that's wrong.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I think the banner picture that the AD used in their latest e-mail has an odd filename:

If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

This makes me sad, especially because of how much progress the athletic department has made in re-energizing the fan base (especially the students) in the past 10-11 months.

Edit: I blame the London Knights. (I have no idea how Dvorak's commitment affected guys like Hughes/Rockwood; I'm not trying to be rational with that comment.)
                        Last edited by WiscDC; 11-21-2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Well, I'd say another pointless weekend is looking likely.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            Well, I'd say another pointless weekend is looking likely.
                            I was just thinking: "Hey, remember 2011-12? When the Badgers weren't very good but won some exciting games against tough opponents? That was nice." Then I realized that this would be one of those road games that they would have lost that year. Maybe, just maybe, we're destined to watch this team do poorly for a big chunk of the season, but we'll see some awesome wins later on. Hopefully.

Comment

Bummer, man.

Edit: It was nice to hear a bunch of Wisconsin fans after J Ford's goal.
                              Last edited by WiscDC; 11-21-2014, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                                I was just thinking: "Hey, remember 2011-12? When the Badgers weren't very good but won some exciting games against tough opponents? That was nice." Then I realized that this would be one of those road games that they would have lost that year. Maybe, just maybe, we're destined to watch this team do poorly for a big chunk of the season, but we'll see some awesome wins later on. Hopefully.
                                We're going to get there. We have some quality players. As far as I can tell, we are still just playing USHL level hockey which obviously just isn't going to cut it. It's just going to be a long process for these guys to get where they need to be. Tomorrow's another night, it's going to be tough, we'll see if we gained anything from tonight.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X