X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    It wasn't the ****-storm that I had envisioned/hoped for and was therefore useless.
    But my next post was going to be about how Mariachi's were influencing the development of sombrero-shaped helmets and the implications it would have in the area of preventing head injuries. Not to mention the vastly improved nacho selection in college hockey venues.

meh... It was probably a good decision.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Clearly, the universal Barry hatred has cooled.

In addition, it was a pretty transparent troll...

Comment

Clearly, the universal Barry hatred has cooled.

In addition, it was a pretty transparent troll...
        How soon they forget!

I considered playing along with a dubby-esque listing of all Barry's great accomplishments in college hockey. But that probably would've required some thought and effort on my part. Neither of which are my strong points.

At any rate, word is there's actually a Badger hockey game this week?
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Surely, you jest.
          Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
          Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
          sigpic
          Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
          1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

It wasn't the ****-storm that I had envisioned/hoped for and was therefore useless.
            Ironically, THAT is Barry's contribution to D1 hockey.

Comment

Dougherty out this weekend per Andy/Chuck. Hurley will play.
              WISCONSIN BADGERS
              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                Link to story.

Ugh. Wittchow out indefinitely and now Dougherty...

I don't want to be the guy that says I told you so, but let's face facts: Eaves had the chance to sign me last spring, and didn't. Now look where he's at.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I don't want to be the guy that says I told you so
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1h11xZ86MY

Comment

love that show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfq3c4Cf1Fs
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

A men's game? They play next week, so they must be off this week.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                        Just great.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

It's a Great Day for Hockey, Badger fans! Good to finally get to the season! At least that's what it feels like the way the schedule has gone.

As for this weekend, I think it's going to be quite a challenge for Bucky. Despite CC's record, I don't think we would actually be favored in tonight's matchup. CC always plays hard against us and if you look at their record, 6 of their losses have come against teams currently in the top 12. (#2 UND, #7 Miami, #10 DU, #12 BC) CC has a much more experienced roster and has obviously played more games against more top teams. They're just as hungry for a W as us-- there is nothing about tonight that's going to be very easy.

Sucks to lose Dougherty who to me has been our best youngster, but even sucks more to be without steady Eddie Wittchow when we're so short on experience. I think Hurley will be ok... glad he's 21 and has a reputation as a character guy with strong D skills. If we have to play a freshman converted F on D this weekend-- can't believe I'm even typing that-- we could probably do a lot worse. But still, the young Badgers are going to be up against it on the road.

If we can get by CC, (or even if not) going to the small sheet at DU Saturday is going to be a shock to the system... But one thing at a time. We've still got some pretty skilled guys hitting the ice and I'm hopeful they can get the job done. Need Rumps to man up and keep us in it, Schulze to be the iron man sucking up minutes again, and Joe LaBate to keep it simple and get going. Big night for Bucky.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

No TV (unless you can get access to the Rocky Mountain Sports Network), and the only streaming option is to pay $13.99 for a day's access on the NCHC website (or more for a month or season of access).

At least there's radio, I guess.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

It's a Great Day for Hockey, Badger fans! Good to finally get to the season! At least that's what it feels like the way the schedule has gone. As for this weekend, I think it's going to be quite a challenge for Bucky. .
                              Agreed! I actually forgot for a day that there was Badger Hockey this weekend - that's how difficult - to me at least - the multiple multiple-week bye weeks have been. I know this isn't just a Wisconsin issue and is a problem in college hockey in general of late. But the UW schedule makers (or Eaves) need to reevaluate how they schedule and maybe start a week or two later - it might create some consistency and fluidity week in and week out. This year it may be helpful to the team because if the youth and new system and whatnot, but in coming years it will not be, and certainly the fans.

That said, I'm very excited for the season to really begin and actually see the team play on Saturday night on ROOT. I have yet to see a game this year. I was supposed to see them play Sue but something came up and I had hoped to be in the Springs today for the game but that got fu**ed up. Seems to me that for whatever reason, they always play well at Magness Arena against DU, even during down years. There is a big UW Alumni club out there which helps too.
                              Last edited by TUSCHWI; 11-21-2014, 10:08 AM. Reason: poor grammar/tired Friday
                              Go Badgers!

Comment

Don't forget that while he's a converted forward, Hurley spent the latter half of last season playing defense for Muskegon. So it's not entirely new to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X