X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Huh?

An option that more and more are taking...

Sorry, Wild games are blacked out in the NHL Center Ice package (FSN-WI shows the games). Blackhawks games are not. This is a good thing.

Comment

Bored at work.

Not so fun stat:

Paape has not scored a goal in 75 games. He has only 2 helpers in those 75 games. At one point in his freshman season, he had a goal in 3 straight games.

Ouch.

First 9 games of his career he had 4G/4A
      Last edited by bucky15; 11-14-2014, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
        Bored at work.
        Not so fun stat:
        Paape has not scored a goal in 75 games. He has only 2 helpers in those 75 games. At one point in his freshman season, he had a goal in 3 straight games.
        Ouch.
        First 9 games of his career he had 4G/4A
        I'm waiting for him to get a goal, so we can hear this chant erupt from the student section:

"Who's your Paape" CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP

I heard it faintly last year when he got an assist...

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
          I'm waiting for him to get a goal, so we can hear this chant erupt from the student section:

I think everyone is pulling for him to get a goal. It has to be a bad feeling to go that many games without a goal. Does anyone know/remember who was on his line the first 9 games of his Freshman year?

Comment

Does anyone know/remember who was on his line the first 9 games of his Freshman year?
            I think he was playing center, with his beard on both wings

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post

It was brought up on the (unofficial) facebook group. We decided that if he gets a goal, we should chant that. When he got the assist, some of us decided it was close enough. If he makes a great individual play to score, that might get more participants (or if he lines someone up and levels him).

Comment

Does anyone know/remember who was on his line the first 9 games of his Freshman year?
                I think he mostly played with Mersch and Labate then, although I could be mistaken. Paape hasn't ever really been expected to score, I think his USHL career contains something like 21 goals in 115 games. He's just here to do what he does, but I'd sure love to see him light the lamp. It will happen...
                Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 11-14-2014, 10:11 PM.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I am so happy the Wild are considered the in-market team for Wisconsin for the NHL package. They are one of the few NHL teams, I dislike too watch. If the NHL ever changes it for Wisconsin to the Blackhawks I will be canceling the NHL.
                  I for 1 cannot stand to watch the Wild, therefore I don't. I'd much rather see the Red Wings on FSWI. The UP is attached to WI, so it's not an entirely unreasonable request. I'd prefer the Rangers overall (a fan back to the Mike Ritcher days), but that would be a stretch.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    I for 1 cannot stand to watch the Wild, therefore I don't. I'd much rather see the Red Wings on FSWI. The UP is attached to WI, so it's not an entirely unreasonable request. I'd prefer the Rangers overall (a fan back to the Mike Ritcher days), but that would be a stretch.
                    Wild's ownership, Craig Leipold, is from Racine. Guessing he had something to do with FSW's coverage of the Wild.

As a Wild fan living in Milwaukee, there are pros and cons to FSW's coverage here. On the plus side, I get a lot of Wild games for free. On the downside, I don't get them all. And NHL Center Ice has all the games blacked out in this market. Even the ones FSW doesn't put on their Plus channel. I could live with paying for Center Ice every season if it meant getting all of the Wild games.
                    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

It has been a good hockey weekend so far, the Badgers have not lost. But best of all, Duluth did a impressive Carl Spackler impersonation last night by “killing gophers”. They outshot the goofers 38-17 on the goof’s home ice. Hopefully the Badgers won’t lose tonight and the goofers will get swept.

Comment

Originally posted by oldicecoach View Post
                        It has been a good hockey weekend so far, the Badgers have not lost. But best of all, Duluth did a impressive Carl Spackler impersonation last night by “killing gophers”. They outshot the goofers 38-17 on the goof’s home ice. Hopefully the Badgers won’t lose tonight and the goofers will get swept.
                        Sad when the best weekend you can realisticly hope for is a bye week and a loss by your rival.

That said, you're right. Tough night for the Gophers.
                        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by oldicecoach View Post

I'm with you.

The other thing I was thinking is that while as last year the Badgers were nearly unstoppable at home, their road record left quite a bit to be desired.

Coach has already got that in balance this year as we've been equally impressive home or away!
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

MI Tech is #1 in the country and UW is winless as of 11/20/14. Hell has indeed frozen over.

Wisconsin Hockey: Polar Vortex Timewarp

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              MI Tech is #1 in the country and UW is winless as of 11/20/14.

Oh it's better than that!

We're #59 in the PWR.

On the bright side - and I don't pretend to care or understand how the PWR works - our crappy ranking is probably what's keeping the Sioux from being ranked higher. Would they have been better off with a bye than beating us twice?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                Oh it's better than that!

We're #59 in the PWR.
                                Dead last? I should not be shocked being 0-6, but I am! CC is tied for 51st, we've got a chance to win one and maybe pass Niagra and American freaking International this weekend. It's not fair to the lads to be in such a dark place about the situation, but it's hard to get out of this funk.

Comment

Working...
                                X