X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    yes, solo is in love

hard to believe from my pessimistic posts that I actually have a heart but it's in there somewhere
    Believe or not, while I've disagreed with many of your conclusions, I've never doubted that you came from place where you wanted UW to return to the greatness it once had.

As it turns out, you were very correct that Eaves was the problem and needed to go.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      If there's anyone out there who thinks Eaves should stay beyond this season I'd love to hear the argument for that.
      Are only Bucky fans allowed to reply to this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
        Are only Bucky fans allowed to reply to this?
        You can, but in my experience when a rival is sad to see a coach go, it was time for that coach to go.

Comment

I made a poll over at B5Q to see if fans think Wisconsin needs to find a new coach. I'll be curious to see the results, as obviously it's not just hockey fans over there.

LINK

Comment

In the end they're right, but won't a lot of fans that know nothing about hockey just look at the record and vote based off of that? Also, the article before the poll tears into him, which would impact voters.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
              You can, but in my experience when a rival is sad to see a coach go, it was time for that coach to go.
              If my vote counts please, please, please keep coach Eaves!

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                Believe or not, while I've disagreed with many of your conclusions, I've never doubted that you came from place where you wanted UW to return to the greatness it once had.

As it turns out, you were very correct that Eaves was the problem and needed to go.
                Thanks Almington! We both want what's best for UW Hockey (or what we each perceive is best) and that's a return to greatness. So fundamentally we agree on what we want as the outcome
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Not many, including opponents' fans, think Eaves should remain--the evidence is just too ****ing. What is most interesting is what is making him fail. When Eaves first took over, he brought an intensity and sense of purpose that seemed to have drained out of Sauer. There was more energy and focus in the program. The discipline seemed to work for him. He receives a lot of criticism now for his advanced roster planning and for what seems to be a rigid style of discipline. I know those opinions have been expressed around here for a long time, but UW's choice of who should succeed him will depend in part on what the powers that be think Eaves is doing wrong. With UW's hockey tradition, fine academic reputation, and A-1 campus environment to lure recruits, the right replacement and a few years' recruiting ought to bring about significant change fairly quickly.

I know one thing: it's not just Badger fans who need UW to get its hockey mojo back. College hockey needs it.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    advanced roster planning
                    So that's what they're calling it these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                      So that's what they're calling it these days.
                      That does sound kind of dumb, doesn't it.
                      Last edited by burd; 01-03-2015, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        I've heard Tony is open to going to the college game for the stability factor. Would be my first call if I was BA.
                        I ask you all......what is the problem with this idea?
                        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Not many, including opponents' fans, think Eaves should remain--the evidence is just too ****ing. What is most interesting is what is making him fail. When Eaves first took over, he brought an intensity and sense of purpose that seemed to have drained out of Sauer. There was more energy and focus in the program. The discipline seemed to work for him. He receives a lot of criticism now for his advanced roster planning and for what seems to be a rigid style of discipline. I know those opinions have been expressed around here for a long time, but UW's choice of who should succeed him will depend in part on what the powers that be think Eaves is doing wrong. With UW's hockey tradition, fine academic reputation, and A-1 campus environment to lure recruits, the right replacement and a few years' recruiting ought to bring about significant change fairly quickly.

I know one thing: it's not just Badger fans who need UW to get its hockey mojo back. College hockey needs it.
                          This is spot on. Opposing fan here. I've been to many games at the Kohl center that go a bit differently.... This is very tough to admit, but I honestly felt bad for you guys last night. We should NEVER be able to out cheer a Badger crowd. I remember seeing the crease creatures all the way to the top of the building and being impressed by them. By the end of the game last night there were only 3 rows. I understand it's break... and we are just lowly Tech, but that's nuts. Also, are they not allowed to do the a**hole chant anymore? That was missing last night as well. Usually it comes quickly to us.

There was just no fire or speed at all. 50/50 pucks went to us with little challenge it seemed. Out skated on rushes to give up a man advantage a lot.

I can't imagine Eaves stays after this year... it would be mind boggling to me to see a proud big ten program not make a change after this year. You guys aren't Ohio State, hockey should mean something here...
                          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                            You guys aren't Ohio State, hockey should mean something here...
                            Hey, you guys are making me cry!
                            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Looking for some glimmer of hope that Eaves will be gone before next year. Is there any chance the UW buys out his contract? Better yet, any chance Barry could persuade him to step down?
                              Wisconsin Badgers

National Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90 & 2006

Comment

It's nice to know that opposing fans view our hockey program in higher esteem than 95% of our fans and 100% of our athletic department.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X