This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

I was pretty sure I read it here (not necessarily this iteration of the thread, but on this forum). I need to find it again.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      I was pretty sure I read it here (not necessarily this iteration of the thread, but on this forum). I need to find it again.
      Yeah, I have heard it in a few conversations on the site. If I recall, it was sweatpants who usually brought it up. As always, I remained skeptical
      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        It's cute that you people think that's only happened once.

Comment

Reminds me of Russell's 2010-2011 team.

I know it's cliche, but NCAA hockey needs at least two strong B1G teams. I hope it's MN and WI, while MSU and MI rot.

Comment

didn't listen to one second of tonight's game as I was out with the future Mrs. solovsfett and for the first time in my life UW Hockey didn't even warrant a look at the phone to check the score.

uh...what can I say that hasn't already been said? It appears Eaves has lost this team and that's where the admin needs to step in. They probably cannot fire him and the staff now but at season's end it's time to clean effing house and hire Don Granato.

If there's anyone out there who thinks Eaves should stay beyond this season I'd love to hear the argument for that.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
              It's cute that you people think that's only happened once.
              I have heard this story from people who have never been to a UW hockey game and are season ticket BBall people. The story is out there and is floating around UW sports crowds.

I always joke with my friends after bad periods that he is halfway down the hallway taking his belt off getting ready for a staring contest. Eaves needs to start wearing those track pants that Ricky on TPB's wears that either fall off on there own or easy ripped. Seems to be this season that every intermission is worthy of a staring competition.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Eaves made Singletary look timid, let's say.
                I don't believe that could have happened without him getting in some serious trouble. I'd have to hear it from a former player to believe it. This reminds me of the Lt. Spiers story in Band of Brothers when he supposedly gives a bunch of German prisoners cigs then mows all of them down but one.

The lads will play better tonight, but it's doubtful they have the horses to hang with Tech. (I can't believe I just typed that). I do feel a little positive in that according to Perrin that UW just had boatloads of mistakes that lead to the goals and that they are correctable. I know I will be watching the game tonight and rooting them on for a victory.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Reminds me of Russell's 2010-2011 team.

I know it's cliche, but NCAA hockey needs at least two strong B1G teams. I hope it's MN and WI, while MSU and MI rot.
                  1 would be good right now.
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    I don't believe that could have happened without him getting in some serious trouble. I'd have to hear it from a former player to believe it.
                    First rule of sports: What happens in the locker room, STAYS in the locker room.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      uh...what can I say that hasn't already been said? It appears Eaves has lost this team and that's where the admin needs to step in. They probably cannot fire him and the staff now but at season's end it's time to clean effing house and hire Don Granato.

Out of curiosity, why do you say Don Granato? I'm surprised more people aren't on the Tony Granato bandwagon. If you hire Tony, Don probably comes along as an assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        Out of curiosity, why do you say Don Granato? I'm surprised more people aren't on the Tony Granato bandwagon. If you hire Tony, Don probably comes along as an assistant.
                        oh...I guess I consider Tony an NHL man now and am uncertain he'd want to coach in the NCAA's but it certainly would be INCREDIBLE if Tony Granato would coach Wisconsin and even moreso if Don came with him.

If you haven't picked up the book Shot And A Goal, there's a great story about the recruitment of Tony Granato in there and how he chose Madison.

I remember in our 2nd year of having season tickets when we purchased a program and I looked at the player list and saw a player (Tony Granato) from my hometown and flipped out "...Dad! Dad! There's a player from Downer's Grove on the team!!!"

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

oh...I guess I consider Tony an NHL man now and am uncertain he'd want to coach in the NCAA's but it certainly would be INCREDIBLE if Tony Granato would coach Wisconsin and even moreso if Don came with him.

If you haven't picked up the book Shot And A Goal, there's a great story about the recruitment of Tony Granato in there and how he chose Madison.

I remember in our 2nd year of having season tickets when we purchased a program and I looked at the player list and saw a player (Tony Granato) from my hometown and flipped out "...Dad! Dad! There's a player from Downer's Grove on the team!!!"
                          I've heard Tony is open to going to the college game for the stability factor. Would be my first call if I was BA.

Comment

I was out with the future Mrs. solovsfett
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              I've heard Tony is open to going to the college game for the stability factor. Would be my first call if I was BA.
                              holy chit that would be AWESOME!

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                yes, solo is in love

hard to believe from my pessimistic posts that I actually have a heart but it's in there somewhere

Comment

Working...
                                X