X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I was wrong, he was Mr. Positive with Posick. He essentially said Tech already played 2 games since the break and UW was rusty. Pearson said the same thing in his post game presser. Hopefully I'll find Eaves' post game with Baggot in the AM.
    Yeah.....I would buy that for, say, a 5-3 loss; but not for what happened tonight.
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

What in the world are you talking about?
      If you haven't heard the story, it's best to pretend like he's making something up.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
        Yeah.....I would buy that for, say, a 5-3 loss; but not for what happened tonight.
        Had UW lost two more games since break, it would only have been a 5-3 loss.

This is just a joke at this point, a sad pathetic joke.

Comment

Perrin said they made a ton of mistakes, how can they play so sloppy? Eaves said he simplified things....

HA! The rodents lose! I'll take any positive I can get.
          I guess it is simpler if you drop all pretense that you might win?
          Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
          Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
          sigpic
          Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
          1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Okay, so 8-1 final. Some historical context from the record book .pdf on uwbadgers.com:
            • Not our worst loss ever by a long shot (that honor goes to a 2-12 loss to Minnesota back in 1922).
            • That shellacking ties our worst modern era loss of a 2-12 home loss to St. Mary's (a D-III MIAC school in Minnesota in our second game after re-instating the program).
            • Our worst loss after Badger Bob started was a 0-9 playoff loss at UMD.
            • This matches our all-time worst result against Tech, who beat us 1-8 early in the 82-83 season in Houghton, although it's not the most goals we've given up against them.
            • They've put up 9 goals on us. Twice. On the same weekend, if you'd believe it (in Houghton in late Feb. of 1976).
            • This is the 20th time in the modern era (28th overall) that the Badgers have been beat by 7+ goals, and only the third time in Eaves' tenure.
            • This is the 72nd time in the modern era (78th overall) that the Badgers have had 8+ goals hung on them, and only the third time in Eaves' tenure.
            • It'll probably shock no one, but from the time Badger Bob started coaching until the 1992 Frozen Four team, we had 8+ goals scored on us 47 **** times. Although, oddly enough, one of those times was a victory: an 11-8 victory over Michigan in February of 1977. That truly was a different era for hockey in general, and it's no wonder that a lot of Eaves' and Johnson's scoring records aren't likely to fall any time soon. (The Badgers put on their fair share of 7+ goal margins and 8+ goal totals in that time as well)
            • For the record, my final tallies for different eras when I went through counting 7 goal losses through the ages: 8 times in the original era, 4 times in the modern era before Bob Johnson, 10 times in the Badger Bob through 1992 FF era, and 6 times since (3 during Eaves' tenure).
            • The corresponding count for 8+ goal games: 6 in original era, 9 in pre-Badger modern era, 47 in Badger-through-1992 FF era, and 16 since (including 3 during Eaves' tenure).
            Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 01-02-2015, 10:43 PM.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                 photo clap_clap_aplause_gif_879.gif

Edit: Hrm. Evidently, the board censors "a bucket of photos" as if it were a curse word, so instead of a comically exaggerated Andy Richter slow clap, you're getting this:

Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 01-02-2015, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Tonight's loss would translate into a 32-4 loss in 1976.

Comment

By the end we were literally laughing out loud (in disgust) and admiring the fine hockey plays made by Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      Tonight's loss would translate into a 32-4 loss in 1976.
                      It definitely translates to me having a scotch before bed tonight. And all I did was watch the USCHO box score every few minutes. I can't imagine the pain of actually trying to watch that crap.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        If you haven't heard the story, it's best to pretend like he's making something up.
                        He went Mike Singletary on the lads? This night is just getting worse. I'm saving the really good thinner for the rodent series, if I can stay away from it after the BU series. Or even tomorrow night.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

He went Mike Singletary on the lads? This night is just getting worse. I'm saving the really good thinner for the rodent series, if I can stay away from it after the BU series. Or even tomorrow night.
                          Eaves made Singletary look timid, let's say.

Comment

It definitely translates to me having a scotch before bed tonight. And all I did was watch the USCHO box score every few minutes. I can't imagine the pain of actually trying to watch that crap.
                            I left when it was 5-0. Got to the car it was 6-0. Again they looked like they had given up, much like Penn state on Friday. I don't know why I wasted my time. Would have been better to just stay home....

Seems to me eaves and the coaching staff have lost the team. It's not good.
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Eaves made Singletary look timid, let's say.
                              This was tonight or some time in the past?
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

He didn't actually do that, did he? I've never heard that story.

Comment

Working...
                                X