This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

I had seen that and wondered how long till it showed up here. Our resident troll came through.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      I had seen that and wondered how long till it showed up here. Our resident troll came through.
      I stayed away.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        Hope your Christmas is as good as this badger hockey fan's.
        I got a Bucky hockey bobble head! (To go with my Utica College Trax (a moose) hockey bobble head).
        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

I listened to a bit of the third period radio call from the last game against Minnesota last year. It sounded amazing, but it seems like it was so long ago.

Comment

UW needs to become a mainstay in the Great Lakes Invitational Tourney. There used to be a conflict Bank 1 Badger Hockey Showdown, but since that is long dead I'd love to see UW get in that tourney every year, especially with the larger n/c slate being in the B6.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              UW needs to become a mainstay in the Great Lakes Invitational Tourney. There used to be a conflict Bank 1 Badger Hockey Showdown, but since that is long dead I'd love to see UW get in that tourney every year, especially with the larger n/c slate being in the B6.
              You want to play Michigan/Michigan State in non conference too?

And Tech/Northern/Ferris are all on the schedule already.

I'd rather see something with St Cloud or UMD.
              Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 12-30-2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I just realized there is hockey this weekend. Tech comes in a little cold going 4-4 in their last 8 after starting out 10-0. UW is enfeugo going 1-1-2 in their last 4 ( must read like UW's PR Dept wrote it). Hopefully Eddie and Adam will be able to play.

A tough stretch of games coming up, the next 6 are against top 10 teams (though we can hope the rodents fall out of the top 10 before we play them).

On the plus side of the ledger only 3 games will not be televised the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                  You want to play Michigan/Michigan State in non conference too?

And Tech/Northern/Ferris are all on the schedule already.

I'd rather see something with St Cloud or UMD.
                  I'm a geography geek, Wisconsin HAS to be in the GLI. I can still remember Dean Anderson's awesome performance in the GLI, way back in 1987. Plus, there's so many n/c games, so why not? All those years in the ccha UM and M St played in it as well as in conference, so it's not unheard of. Plus BU and BC do the Bean Pot and play in conference.

I don't ever want to play St. Cloud again (I never did like when they were added to the wcha). UMD would be fine. St. Cloud, Mankato and Bemiji are on my don't ever play again list.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I don't see it happening. Personally, I'd rather give the players as much time off during the December/January break as possible. Yeah it sucks for us as fans to have have games to watch for a few weeks, but I'd rather try to limit the number of games when the kids (both student-athletes and regular students) have to worry about being on campus when they should be taking some time off to be with their friends and families.

Comment

I just realized there is hockey this weekend. Tech comes in a little cold going 4-4 in their last 8 after starting out 10-0. UW is enfeugo going 1-1-2 in their last 4 ( must read like UW's PR Dept wrote it). Hopefully Eddie and Adam will be able to play.

A tough stretch of games coming up, the next 6 are against top 10 teams (though we can hope the rodents fall out of the top 10 before we play them).

On the plus side of the ledger only 3 games will not be televised the rest of the year.
                      In the plus column for this weekend, the band is going to be at the games this weekend (at least that is what their twitter handler said when I asked). So that's something, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by drop_the_puck View Post
                        So, I just saw an another interesting stat (probably pointless) in the "college hockey demographics" thread. The top five point scorers this year in college hockey from the state of Wisconsin do not play for Wisconsin.

Admittedly, I know nothing about the history of the five players (recruiting, family connections, etc), just thought it was interesting that none play at Wisconsin.
                        Yes that stat is disturbing.

Comment

Jake Bunz is a Badger. Can start practicing with the team tomorrow.
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS
                          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Last game I went to was a few years back against the Souix. Now the kid is at MTU and I'm looking to get 6 tickets to Friday's game. Figured there would be more available and cheaper prices, but doesn't seem to be. Last time people were giving them away.

Figured the student section would be fun with some MTU gear on. Though I will be all Badger, I could never cheer for another hockey program.

Comment

That was a wonderful way to present the matchup!

Comment

To me, it would make a lot of sense for the Badgers to play in the Florida College Hockey Classic and skip the early season games in Alaska or wherever. It's a much more attractive road trip for the kids and would give Bucky some good exposure in a burgeoning hockey recruiting ground. Believe it or not, I wouldn't be surprised if Florida produces more D-1 level talent in the next 10 years than the state of Wisconsin does. Maybe a lot more. Hockey is really growing here, with a huge number of Canadians, Europeans, and former Coasties pushing growth, not to mention the high number of current and former NHL'ers (and their $$) that make their homes here.

Wisconsin is also connected, the tournament is run by the Everblades organization which is coached by Green Bay native and former Badger Greg Poss. ('85-'89) Heck, Barry might even attend a game as his Naples condo is less that 30 minutes from the arena. Be a nice week this year to attend Badger Hockey on Sunday-Monday in Ft. Myers and then head up to Tampa for the Outback Bowl tomorrow. Bucky could even bring the band!

With the importance of OOC games it would be a good fit. This year struggling Lake St. got by Cornell in a shootout and then surprised Notre Dame to win it and get a little momentum going for themselves.

Plus, and this is really the most important thing: I would gladly host all the pre-game activities for you guys!
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X