This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
    Chuck/Andy, what CHL team owns the rights to him?
    Probably none.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Staring at a likely 1-17-1 is probably pretty sobering while playing in a mostly empty building.

Gotta think morale in general is at a real low.
      What morale, I can't say us fans have much of that left either.

I'm gonna say this right now: If the team finishes with fewer than 10 wins and the the decision making powers bring Eaves back after this season, I'm done with UW athletics completely.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Fewer than 10 wins? That a joke? That's a given.

Paint thinner consumption is at an all time high over in cheese land.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
          Fewer than 10 wins? That a joke? That's a given.

Paint thinner consumption is at an all time high over in cheese land.
          Yes, if fewer than 10 wins AND eaves isn't canned.

Basically, it's an out if this team miraculously turns it around and eaves isn't ejected.

Comment

This bad season isn't all on Eaves. I know most of it is but the players haven't helped at all. Ford jumping ship kind of proves this. Obviously he's a bit of a quitter. But I still do wish him the best of luck in the future.
            WISCONSIN BADGERS
            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
              . Obviously he's a bit of a quitter.
              There's nothing obvious at all about his situation. In fact, the opposite.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

With Ford leaving, is there a possibility UW brings in another defenseman mid-season? Right now we have 6 actual D-men with Hurley being the "7th" one. Kind of walking the line there.
                WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                  Chuck/Andy, what CHL team owns the rights to him?
                  Ford is heading back to Dubuque.
                  http://www.dubuquefightingsaints.com...le/show/455730

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                    With Ford leaving, is there a possibility UW brings in another defenseman mid-season? Right now we have 6 actual D-men with Hurley being the "7th" one. Kind of walking the line there.
                    I hope not, let's get the classes balanced one player at a time.

One thing I found revealing in Blake's commentary is that he said Eaves was "a hard coach to play for", demanding excellence on and off the ice. I have some advice for Keegan, the teachers I hated the most in school were the ones who pushed me the hardest, and at the time it made me mad, but looking back they made me better. He's blowing it here.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      I hope not, let's get the classes balanced one player at a time.

One thing I found revealing in Blake's commentary is that he said Eaves was "a hard coach to play for", demanding excellence on and off the ice. I have some advice for Keegan, the teachers I hated the most in school were the ones who pushed me the hardest, and at the time it made me mad, but looking back they made me better. He's blowing it here.
                      I recall Zach Parise saying after he played for Eaves in World Juniors, that he was the best coach he had played for in terms of preparation.

Comment

Admittedly, I don't know all his reasons (if there are more serious reasons than what is being stated, I can understand it.) But if he is just leaving because the team is struggling and it isn't "fun", then I have no respect for the decision. You finish out the season with the team and then you can decide to leave.

I can't stand players who bail out at mid-season for no other reason than it just isn't going their way. Show some character and tough it out. Life isn't always going to go your way. You better learn how to deal with some tough times or you are going to be screwed. Leaving your teammates and coach in an even more difficult spot at mid-season doesn't say much about your character.
                        University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                          Admittedly, I don't know all his reasons (if there are more serious reasons than what is being stated, I can understand it.) But if he is just leaving because the team is struggling and it isn't "fun", then I have no respect for the decision. You finish out the season with the team and then you can decide to leave.

I can't stand players who bail out at mid-season for no other reason than it just isn't going their way. Show some character and tough it out. Life isn't always going to go your way. You better learn how to deal with some tough times or you are going to be screwed. Leaving your teammates and coach in an even more difficult spot at mid-season doesn't say much about your character.
                          There were no more serious issues than what has been publicly stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                            Really though? We're talking about a young adult here, if there's any time in his life that playing hockey should be about enjoying the experience it's now. Also, if he felt his time or talent was being wasted then he should have every right to up and leave and the scrutiny should fall on the program.
                            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                              Really though? We're talking about a young adult here, if there's any time in his life that playing hockey should be about enjoying the experience it's now. Also, if he felt his time or talent was being wasted then he should have every right to up and leave and the scrutiny should fall on the program.
                              As an adult he has every right to make any decision he wants. But not without consequences. Just one of which is someone questioning his character.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                I was just curious, because going to college is not for everyone. I thought there was a chance he just wanted to try his hand at only hockey. It will be interesting to see what college he ends up at.

Comment

Working...
                                X