This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Wouldn't mind seeing Oz back as head coach. Maybe he now has NHL aspirations as he's with the Blackhawks with their Rockford affiliate.

He lives in the area though and I know that his family likes it here. I wonder if he'd take that call.

Comment

Speaking of Oz, here's an article that I found to be interesting that was on the Hawks' site a few weeks ago...

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news....vid=CHI-search

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        That is a little weird... any chance you did some time for a little cocaine problem back in the 80's?
        Paint thinner in the 90's, close enough?

Has anyone looked at the next 6 games? Playing the #4, #2, #7 ranked teams. Yikes! I'm very afraid of BU. They throttled a very good UW team.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Sorry if I am, but it seems in reponse to a post that states Eaves can't coach kids, your implying that Eaves rep for producing NHL players might not be so deserved as he's had kids that were going to the show with or without Eaves coaching them. Which is one thing. Then you follow it by we "may have been quite lucky" in getting theses kids. Which is another thing. I'm suggesting that Eaves at the least deserves some credit for one or the other.
          I'm pretty sure he is connecting with the idea that I mentioned on the UW recruiting thread. Which is that coaches/programs tend to get overrated on the "NHL development" angle. Yeah, these programs help things along a bit but you could take pretty much any of the best kids that went to MN, UW, UND, Michigan, etc. and put them in a variety of different college programs and they would still make it to the NHL. Guys like Toews, Kessel, McDonagh, Parise and the like... they could have chosen anywhere and they still would have made the NHL. In those instances, the effect of the college coach they had tends to get overrated.

Yes, the head coach and his staff deserve credit for selling a kid on playing for their program. But I think the development angle is overrated with a lot of these guys that end up in the NHL. There are exceptions... but many of them were going to make it as it was. (Naturally, these players will give their college program credit for their development too... but if we are being completely honest, a lot of these guys were elite talents and their talent wasn't magically coached into them in college).
          University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Keegan Ford is leaving the program. Ugh. What a mess!

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...120914aaa.html

Saw on twitter.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

Saw on twitter.

Might as well all come apart now. Could be the only way we see the change(s) that obviously need to happen.

Good luck to Ford.

Comment

Your pets' heads are falling off.

Comment

Saw on twitter.
                  Good luck to him. The wheels on the bus are falling off...falling off....falling off, all day long. The fans of the team are screaming BOOO BOOO BOOO BOOO BOOO BOOO, all day long.

Comment

Saw on twitter.
                    Chuck/Andy, what CHL team owns the rights to him?

Comment

Well, that's a bit of a shocker. I'd guess a bit more to it than just "he wasn't having much fun."

Kinda wish one of those pucks would have gone in for him, but best of luck to him. No doubt he will have opportunities elsewhere.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Well, that's a bit of a shocker. I'd guess a bit more to it than just "he wasn't having much fun."

Staring at a likely 1-17-1 is probably pretty sobering while playing in a mostly empty building.

Gotta think morale in general is at a real low.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Paint thinner in the 90's, close enough?

Has anyone looked at the next 6 games? Playing the #4, #2, #7 ranked teams. Yikes! I'm very afraid of BU. They throttled a very good UW team.
                          Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          Staring at a likely 1-17-1 is probably pretty sobering while playing in a mostly empty building.

actually could be worse than that - you have Tech, BU, at Minn, Mich, Minn, at Penn St next 6 series. That is brutal. no real breaks or poor teams in there.
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

It probably is.

But it's not like it's a kid from BC who didn't know what he was getting into and is far away from home. And Pops has known the staff for years so I doubt there were many surprises there.

I wouldn't myself, or let my kid, walk off a D-1 campus 12 games into a losing season just because it isn't "fun". Would you?
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

It probably is.

But it's not like it's a kid from BC who didn't know what he was getting into and is far away from home. And Pops has known the staff for years so I doubt there were many surprises there.

I wouldn't myself, or let my kid, walk off a D-1 campus 12 games into a losing season just because it isn't "fun". Would you?

Leave coz of a losing record? Of course not. No doubt there's a lot more to it.

My guess is that any other struggles though might be easier to take if the team is doing well and you get to play in a fun environment.

Comment

Leave coz of a losing record? Of course not. No doubt there's a lot more to it.

My guess is that any other struggles though might be easier to take if the team is doing well and you get to play in a fun environment.
                                Agreed, and fair enough. He's only 18, he has plenty of time to get squared away. It's just a bizarre turn of events, but why not, I guess.

It's no help in the near future but I guess it will shift one more spot out of this over-sized class.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X